Matrix Ozik RUL & M3 Black Tie Shaft Preview

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
Greetings THP-

The wonderful folks at Matrix recently sent a couple of shafts for yours truly to spend a little time with. I find both of these shafts interesting and beautiful. The RUL that was sent is the 60 Series in Stiff flex and from what I can gather, it weighs in at 66grams. It's pretty awesome looking and has some pretty wicked graphics that aren't over powering on a gold, base colored shaft. I really have little information about this shaft so I don't have a clue if it's low/mid/high launching or low/mid/high spin. I'm truly going into this one blindly. I have some .335 tips on order and they should be here next week.

The M3 Black Tie is just mean looking. Matte Black on top of Matte Black!!! Thank you very much. Initial impressions are that this is right up my alley as far as aesthetics go. I was sent the 6M3 which is stiff flex and it weighs 64.5 grams. This baby is for aggressive swings and offers low launch and low spin characteristics, but in a considerable lighter package.

Both shafts feature Matrix's hexadecagonal design which I covered in a previous review.

Without further ado, a couple of pictures.

DSC_0014.jpg

The graphics on the RUL

DSC_0015-1.jpg

Absolutely badass in person:

DSC_0016-1.jpg

I can't wait to tip and grip them then get to the range and rip them! More to come!

Nice looking shafts! I can't wait til you get them tipped and get started with the testing. Have fun with this one buddy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

M3 with low launch and low spin sounds like a winner and your right, it looks bada$$. If only I was an aggressive swinger.

Looking forward to your thoughts on these shaftman!

Tappin' from my iPad!

wow, that M3 looks serious. i want one...

Those are freaking nice looking shafts! I find the names a little confusing with Matrix sometimes but I can't wait to hear your thoughts on these.

Those graphics are pretty kick-A, can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Nice! Looking forward to your thoughts. I noticed the RUL is in the rocketballz, so I'm eager for some info. Good luck dude.

I truly know nothing about the RUL. I don't know what it's suppose to do. There's very little information out there. To me, that's pretty cool b/c I just go straight into it. However, it's kind of scary b/c I would hate for me to peg it as a high launcher and it not be, lol.

Both of these shafts really are gorgeous and the folks at Matrix really fascinate me with their processes of R & D.

I truly know nothing about the RUL. I don't know what it's suppose to do. There's very little information out there. To me, that's pretty cool b/c I just go straight into it. However, it's kind of scary b/c I would hate for me to peg it as a high launcher and it not be, lol.

Both of these shafts really are gorgeous and the folks at Matrix really fascinate me with their processes of R & D.

You'll do just fine bro. They are some great looking shafts and the M3 looks nasty.

I truly know nothing about the RUL. I don't know what it's suppose to do.

Do you want any hints or should I just shut my trap?

I'm willing to bet you love the flight of the M3. Perhaps not the feel but the flight and ball speed might win you over.

You'll do just fine bro. They are some great looking shafts and the M3 looks nasty.

It's great that they get the DJ stamp of approval.

Do you want any hints or should I just shut my trap?

I'm willing to bet you love the flight of the M3. Perhaps not the feel but the flight and ball speed might win you over.

I don't know Tuna, I'm torn on whether I want to remain ignorant or not.

I'll leave it up to you mate.

If you want some back ground, say after you've tested them, hit me up and I'll pass along what I know (which isn't much but could effect what you think of the shaft).

I'll leave it up to you mate.

If you want some back ground, say after you've tested them, hit me up and I'll pass along what I know (which isn't much but could effect what you think of the shaft).

That would be great bro. I always like it when you get active in my shaft testing threads.

TC I don't know if I have ever been more jealous of you than I am right now! I have been drooling over that Black Tie for a month now. All I can say is please put this in a TM driver so I can hit it some day. Haha

Those look so sweet. I love the black. I'm interested in these because I love Matrix shafts in my limited experience with them.

Dang TC those are some great looking shafts. You know me well enough to know that I will be following your reviews closely. the looks of the RUL really caught me attention.

TC I don't know if I have ever been more jealous of you than I am right now! I have been drooling over that Black Tie for a month now. All I can say is please put this in a TM driver so I can hit it some day. Haha

Both will be tipped for an R9 Doc!!!

Those look so sweet. I love the black. I'm interested in these because I love Matrix shafts in my limited experience with them.

I'm hoping these perform as well as that Radix. Time will tell.

Dang TC those are some great looking shafts. You know me well enough to know that I will be following your reviews closely. the looks of the RUL really caught me attention.

Thanks buddy, I certainly appreciate the support.

Man just saw this!! Those shafts are just sick. That M3 looks deadly dude.

oooh, those are sweet looking. Really looking forward to seeing your thoughts on them. I love seeing shaft reviews.

I would love to know what you think of the M3. I will add my thoughts once you have a chance to test them. I play the M3 in regular since I'm a mortal with less aggressive swing speeds... Also, very interested in what you think compared to the Radix.

God those are gorgeous. I think the Black Tie is out of my league. Intrigued by the RUL though

Both will be tipped for an R9 Doc!!!

I'm hoping these perform as well as that Radix. Time will tell.

Thanks buddy, I certainly appreciate the support.

You just made my day TC! I can't wait to hear your thoughts. You have been on a roll with some great shaft reviews lately and I am sure this will be the same!

Can't wait to see what you think TC. I am a n00b to the shaft/club making/fitting world so I love reading the reviews! That Black-Tie looks sick!

Great pics, TC. I love the detailed graphics.

Well, I will have my reviews on these wrapped up in the next couple of days. Not as much time with them as I would typically want but in the end, very easy reviews to write. That should tell you plenty about these shafts :act-up:

I will say this, there's about half a dozen THP'ers that need to hit the M3. That's right, I'm talking to you Dr. Teeth, dirtydawg, super tuna, the belbs, biggsy, Jake, Setho!!!!

Back