Callaway Razr X Tour Irons

TC, I wonder about your distance and ball flight differences between the RXT and 2.0? When I hit some of the "tour" irons, I have noticed some pretty glaring distance shortfalls. With the KBS Tour 125 gram shaft in the RXT, do you keep the ball down a little more? Also, have you changed your opinion on the stock 2.0 shaft? I know you are high on it, and you are hesitant to put a different shaft on the 2.0 heads, but I wonder how awesome KBS Tours would be in the 2.0? Glad you are loving the RXT man. Enjoy!

As I posted in the breaking 85/90 thread I had a pretty good day yesterday. I'll just spit out some numbers that pertain to these irons. Shot an 83 on a par 73 +10 (personal best), 56% GIR (personal best), 0 penalty shots (personal low).

Thank you RXT's.

As I posted in the breaking 85/90 thread I had a pretty good day yesterday. I'll just spit out some numbers that pertain to these irons. Shot an 83 on a par 73 +10 (personal best), 56% GIR (personal best), 0 penalty shots (personal low).

Thank you RXT's.

great job dude! Your game has come a long way in a short time frame. You broke 100 for the first time in October and now you've broken 85.

Thank you RXT's.

Nice job Spank! Congrats

Enjoyed reading your feedback on these TC.

TC, I wonder about your distance and ball flight differences between the RXT and 2.0? When I hit some of the "tour" irons, I have noticed some pretty glaring distance shortfalls. With the KBS Tour 125 gram shaft in the RXT, do you keep the ball down a little more? Also, have you changed your opinion on the stock 2.0 shaft? I know you are high on it, and you are hesitant to put a different shaft on the 2.0 heads, but I wonder how awesome KBS Tours would be in the 2.0? Glad you are loving the RXT man. Enjoy!

The only spot I've noticed a "glaring" distance discrepancy between the RXT's and the 2.0's is with the 4 irons. I hit the most beautiful 5 iron yesterday from 207 yards out to put our team on a Par 5 in two. I don't believe that I am hitting the ball any lower with the RXT's/KBS' than I was with the 2.0's, but what's nice is that I can flight them lower when I need to. I think a lot of it has to do with the KBS'. My opinion of the stock shaft in the 2.0's hasn't changed, as I think they are perfect for that clubhead. I am almost hesitant to even mess with it at all. I'm sure KBS' would be nice in the 2.0 head, and I'm sure they would launch as high but I'm afraid that they might put too much spin on the ball. That could be a lethal combination (in a bad way) playing in some conditions.

Did I answer all of your questions buddy?

SPank-awesome round buddy! I'm so glad you are digging these irons. They are fantastic eh? I love them.

Thank you RXT's.

Great round Spank, tearing up the course with those. I tried these out along with the 2.0's and while they were longer than the 2.0 for me the dispersion was not as tight. I am just smitten with the 2.0's, but have to wonder if I had the right shaft in the RXT's for me?

Thank you RXT's.

56% GIR is SOLID!!!! Nice work!

The only spot I've noticed a "glaring" distance discrepancy between the RXT's and the 2.0's is with the 4 irons. I hit the most beautiful 5 iron yesterday from 207 yards out to put our team on a Par 5 in two. I don't believe that I am hitting the ball any lower with the RXT's/KBS' than I was with the 2.0's, but what's nice is that I can flight them lower when I need to. I think a lot of it has to do with the KBS'. My opinion of the stock shaft in the 2.0's hasn't changed, as I think they are perfect for that clubhead. I am almost hesitant to even mess with it at all. I'm sure KBS' would be nice in the 2.0 head, and I'm sure they would launch as high but I'm afraid that they might put too much spin on the ball. That could be a lethal combination (in a bad way) playing in some conditions.

Did I answer all of your questions buddy?

SPank-awesome round buddy! I'm so glad you are digging these irons. They are fantastic eh? I love them.

Wow. 207 with a 5 iron huh? Not losing any distance at all I guess. Awesome. Yes you answered all of them. I just noticed a stark difference in distance from my R9's to the MC's. It was about 10 yards on a 5 iron. Too much for me. But then I hit the CG16 tours and had a slight difference in yardage (5 or less yards) even with the weaker lofts. It confused me a bit. I expected to lose more with the CG16 tour since the lofts were 2* weaker. Glad to hear you are loving the RXT's!! They are d@mn sexy!

great job dude! Your game has come a long way in a short time frame. You broke 100 for the first time in October and now you've broken 85.

I just had to get out there more often. Hopefully I'll stick around the 80's but realistically 90's and a couple of 80's will do.

Great round Spank, tearing up the course with those. I tried these out along with the 2.0's and while they were longer than the 2.0 for me the dispersion was not as tight. I am just smitten with the 2.0's, but have to wonder if I had the right shaft in the RXT's for me?

Do you like the weighting on the stock shaft 2.0's Duey? If so, the stock RXT shaft you would despise as it's probably the heaviest shaft out there (DG S300). Get on the optimizer and try out the recommendations. You'll be glad you did.

Nice job Spank! Congrats
56% GIR is SOLID!!!! Nice work!

Thanks everyone. I'm just really happy that I think these will stay in the bag for the forseeable future since I've been dabbling in different irons for the last 6 months.

They better stay in the bag and let's be real, you've been looking for new irons for much longer than 6 months.

Mine got a bath last night! They are so gorgeous to me. I love the finish on the irons.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Congrats Spank!!!! Seems like the new sticks are working quite well for you!!!

Thank you RXT's.

I just got images of a big hairy mountain man in a bubble bath with a bunch of irons. I hate you TC.
They better stay in the bag and let's be real, you've been looking for new irons for much longer than 6 months.

Mine got a bath last night! They are so gorgeous to me. I love the finish on the irons.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Oh they're not going anywhere, and yes more than 6 months but I was being serious the last 6 months. Haha.

Sing it with me... Razr X Tours, you're the one. You make bath time lots of fun. Razr X Tours, I'm awfully fond of you. (woh woh, bee doh)

Callaway was at the course yesterday and I spent some time hitting the Razr line up. I was particularly interested in the RXT's as I am in looking at replacing my irons. Only due to distance loss in the last few years. While I can hit pretty much any iron out there I have been having to increase the club I am pulling for all my yardages. ( very big blow to the confidence on course ). So my quest over the last few weeks has been an iron that will get me some yards back. I have been reading a lot of the Burner 2.0's and had been taking them out on course the last few rounds and was liking them as I was getting distance back to what I would like and had hit some pretty stellar golf shots that I just couldn't pull off lately.

So after spending some time hitting the RXT's on the range I was really impressed and also noticed the accuracy of these clubs and I can echo pretty much everything you all have been saying about them. I was fit by the Callaway guys in case I choose to go with them over the 2.0's ( Taylormade is demoing this weekend ) but since I only made it to the range and have no good idea the actual distance I was hitting the clubs other than they were going further than my current irons and further than the blades. how are they comparing to the 2.0's distance wise?

Oh and a side note I have always been playing standard lie angles but discovered I am actually 2* flat ... blew my mind once I started hitting the right lie for myself how taking a divot is supposed to feel.

I had the 2.0s for a couple months before trading them back in. Very good clubs for the right person but the RXTs are better for me and the shaft if the main reason, I believe. I would say the 2.0s were a few yards longer (but not more) for the longer irons (4/5/6) but they a also lofted 2* more so that's not totally unexpected. Obviously, you should compare yourself, especially since the stock shafts (assuming that's what you would hit) are totally different, but I am completely good with the distance of the RXTs

Callaway was at the course yesterday and I spent some time hitting the Razr line up. I was particularly interested in the RXT's as I am in looking at replacing my irons. Only due to distance loss in the last few years. While I can hit pretty much any iron out there I have been having to increase the club I am pulling for all my yardages. ( very big blow to the confidence on course ). So my quest over the last few weeks has been an iron that will get me some yards back. I have been reading a lot of the Burner 2.0's and had been taking them out on course the last few rounds and was liking them as I was getting distance back to what I would like and had hit some pretty stellar golf shots that I just couldn't pull off lately.

So after spending some time hitting the RXT's on the range I was really impressed and also noticed the accuracy of these clubs and I can echo pretty much everything you all have been saying about them. I was fit by the Callaway guys in case I choose to go with them over the 2.0's ( Taylormade is demoing this weekend ) but since I only made it to the range and have no good idea the actual distance I was hitting the clubs other than they were going further than my current irons and further than the blades. how are they comparing to the 2.0's distance wise?

Oh and a side note I have always been playing standard lie angles but discovered I am actually 2* flat ... blew my mind once I started hitting the right lie for myself how taking a divot is supposed to feel.

they look good as compared to modern looking irons, but to me, there's just not a better looking iron than a muscle back blade...hitting them, well that's a different story.

Great round spank! I am having alot of fun reading all of the different thoughts and comments on these irons.

So my RXT's came in today and I was able to get out to the range and test them out. My first thoughts are I'm very happy with my choice. I just love looking down at these setting up my shot. It's gonna take a few more outings to dial in my distances (as it does with pretty much any new set), but after today they seem fairly close to my Machspeeds so it shouldn't be too much of an adjustment. The main good thing for me today is my shots were right online. I definitely felt my mishits a bit more than with the Nike's and may not have gotten as much out of them, but they were few and far between so I'll take it. Anyway I'm sure I'll have more to say as I spend more time with them. I'm playing my first round on Friday so I'll get a better idea of how they play.

Now I haven't hit these yet but man they sure do look pretty. I'm surprised we had/have the same problem TC with tow first divots. I don't have them as much as before but I always thought I was the only one, great write up and I'm glad that you like them over the 2.0s very surprising though!

Thanks for the feed back killerjam, I am really starting to consider the RXT's as my top pick. They felt really solid and and accurate, if the distance is there I am not sure if I need much else. I really liked the project X 5.5 shafts we settled on in the fitting had a great trajectory and felt real nice on impact with a little snap. Would be nice if my pro shop would carry a set for demo so I could play test.

How do you find the AW ? I use my 51* a lot for pitching and the 40 yard 2 hop stop shots is the bounce noticeable or does it react more like a performance wedge?

Thanks for the feed back killerjam, I am really starting to consider the RXT's as my top pick. They felt really solid and and accurate, if the distance is there I am not sure if I need much else. I really liked the project X 5.5 shafts we settled on in the fitting had a great trajectory and felt real nice on impact with a little snap. Would be nice if my pro shop would carry a set for demo so I could play test.

How do you find the AW ? I use my 51* a lot for pitching and the 40 yard 2 hop stop shots is the bounce noticeable or does it react more like a performance wedge?

I'm not kellerjam but I came from the 2.0's and I also have the RXT AW in the bag. I love that club, so much that I'm about to provide a video of it!

An ode to the RXT's, taken by yours truly this morning:

I just saw this thread and I must say.......

I love my RXT's!!!!!

If your in the market for new irons....hit these!

An ode to the RXT's, taken by yours truly this morning:

NiCe video man!! Other than getting motion sickness, I liked the consistency shown. Good stuff. I need to do some more vids.

Back