Forum Testing - Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

Cool video. The pro combos are so sweet looking.

Very cool video. I would love to be at the Oven getting fit for a new set of irons.

talk about doing it the right way!

Sweet video...The Oven looks like TaylorMade's Kingdom. Can't wait for everyones reviews, the scoring iron blades look phenomenal.

I'm looking forward to seeing if I can be more precise with the scoring irons in this set. I also want to see if I can handle the 3-5 irons. I am a little nervous about the long irons with this set if I"m being honest.

Really?!? You throw darts all day. You just looking to go pin hunting?

Really?!? You throw darts all day. You just looking to go pin hunting?

I want my darts to go in the cup. I can't putt remember!

Any word on everyones sets? when they get in your hands? Can't wait for unboxing pictures/videos

I am excited to see picture and read some reviews.

I think you have a horrible attitude towards your putting Buckaroo

I'm working on it bro. The putter in the other thread is making a positive difference

Such beautiful irons, looking forward to the unboxing and pictures included.

excited to see some unboxing pics and first impressions/reviews...

I need to get a haircut and make sure the house is all cleaned up with all the people ready to see my unboxing vids and pics. Oh and drop a quick 20 lbs. Hahaha

I saw a video on youtube and the guy on there was saying that with the combo set you could choose to set up the make up of the clubs sothe 5 iron could be either the cavitys like the 3 and 4 or the mid like the 6 and 7. Is this correct information and did any of you guys make any adjustments like this?

I saw a video on youtube and the guy on there was saying that with the combo set you could choose to set up the make up of the clubs sothe 5 iron could be either the cavitys like the 3 and 4 or the mid like the 6 and 7. Is this correct information and did any of you guys make any adjustments like this?

The website doesn't show the variation. They have 3/4 as pocket cavity, 5/6/7 as split cavity, and 8/9/pw as blade.

I certainly didn't make any requests about changing it, although I would personally much prefer it as is anyways.

Ok I was just curious, the video appears to be from across the pond so i am wondering if they have that option only over there?

Beleive I saw that video too. If it's like five
Inured with a chap wearing glasses, then I did.

I have been running comparisons of late with the Nike and they are nice! They perform well, I could game these if my TM infatuation ends. The VR driver is slowly making it's way into the bag. I like matching stuff! Nice weight to them. The blades are bad a$$. Nike vs TM here we go!

I need to get a haircut and make sure the house is all cleaned up with all the people ready to see my unboxing vids and pics. Oh and drop a quick 20 lbs. Hahaha

haha. I've got the skinny jeans looked out and pressed specially too! Just dusting off my 'Team Euro' flag for the background :D

In the UK my 4/5 came as standard as a pocket cavity, 6/7 as split cavity and 8/9/pw as a blade. Not sure if it's a UK based thing or not as I didn't specify this when I purchased them.

I saw that video as well. We (the testers) will be testing the standard set make up of: 3,4 (pocket); 5,6,7 (split), 8,9,PW (blade)

I believe that if you were to do a custom set order from a retailer they could order from Nike and make any variation of the set make up you wanted.

Ok I was just curious, the video appears to be from across the pond so i am wondering if they have that option only over there?

It is an Asian market thing I was told.

haha. I've got the skinny jeans looked out and pressed specially too! Just dusting off my 'Team Euro' flag for the background :D

Oh Good, we were hoping to see that sight again.
We call those jeans....The THread Killer.

Oh Good, we were hoping to see that sight again.
We call those jeans....The THread Killer.

haha, I can see how a calm response might be difficult to come by, with that sight. I look at it as a good visual test for the irons. If you can stand to look at the pics just to see how pretty they are, while I'm in the pic doing my Euro Techno dance in the skinny jeans....then they must be special!

Back