Long Lost Scotty Cameron Putter

Caper

Reaction score
Handicap
I played with a guy a few years ago and he had a very odd looking Scotty Cameron putter. It had a bar in the middle of the face extending back a few inches with small holes in it. Like a mini, modified 3-ball. It also had a cylindrical bar which was bent and wrapped around the back of the putter to frame it. Also, it might have been center shafted?

I rolled a few balls with it and it was the best feeling putter I have ever held. I felt like I couldn't miss with it. Anyone know what the name of it was? It is driving me crazy! I have been thinking about it for the past week!!!

Thanks

Sounds like the Futura to me. Google it and see.

This?

45912c674b48790c919f0430689a99ae.jpg

Moved to Flatstick

THIS IS IT!!! Thanks mcook!!! I can sleep tonight!

No problem! I was looking through images and then when I posted the image I saw that DD already knew it! Smart dawg!

Thanks to you to DD!

That thing makes Sarah Jessica Parker look hot.

Nah, not really smart, just old, that one came out a while back and I tested it but liked the Red X2 much better so that is what I bought.

I'm sure it's much more buttery than SJP.

But not as buttery as IJP.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

But not as buttery as IJP.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I like me some IJP gear.

Jokes aside, hope you can get your hands of one of these 23_lw. Nothing better than a putter you can feel confident in.

That's one wild looking putter. If you put three quarters in those holes and push it in, a Clark bar comes out the other side.

That's one wild looking putter. If you put three quarters in those holes and push it in, a Clark bar comes out the other side.

ROFL! That actually made me laugh out loud :) So funny I might just have put it in my sig.....

Last edited:
not my favorite design scotty has made......his mallet putters never grabbed my attention. Always a blade guy

One of my buddies has one of these is his garage that he never uses any more...if you don't find another one let me know and Ill see if he wants to sell it.

Didnt Mickelson use one for awhile a long time ago?

That thing makes Sarah Jessica Parker look hot.
HA! But then again, so would the dirty end of a mule.
One of my buddies has one of these is his garage that he never uses any more...

I bet a lot of us have a friend with one of those in the garage. I do.
That thing gives me the chills. Not in a good way.

One of my buddies has one of these is his garage that he never uses any more...if you don't find another one let me know and Ill see if he wants to sell it.

Didnt Mickelson use one for awhile a long time ago?

Phil did in fact game one for the better part of a season.

I thought it looked hideous too and wondered why this guy would ever want one. I poked fun at him and he told me to roll it. It felt so balanced and I didn't leave a put outside a foot from 7 or 8 different distances and rolled about half in.

Thanks Hawk, and I will let you know if I can or cannot find it, TBT. Anyone else know of a friend looking to get this abhorrence off their hands, let me know! Pretty doesn't matter to me when it comes to golf. If it lowers my score, it is in the bag! Hence the Sabertooth hehe.

As for SJP, I really want to say something nice about her, but I honestly can't find anything to say. Poor SJP! Too be that ugly and that rich! I still have a chance thanks to her. :wink:

For some reason, your description reminded me of a scotty cameron detour....
detourputter.jpg

Pretty sure I know a guy has one of these in his garage. It was belly-shafted, if I remember correctly and he probably played it 1/2 a season.

I use one of these!. It is not as good looking as a blade but it sure makes it easy to line up any putt. I have been using this since I play for my HS. It is a 33' and I am 6'3" so it could use a few inches. If you roll it you will love it. It made me almost automatic inside 6 feet because you can spot the cup in the corner of your eye and line the putter to it. You will not be disappointed. With that said you can certainly find a cheaper putter with the great feel and balance by just shopping around. Before I add inches to it I am going to demo a Cleveland putter I rolled at Dick's a few times. If I like it more than my futura I will let you know.

Good Luck

I always liked the look of this putter, it was very modern and artistic. I didn't like putting with it though.

Back