Detachable Face Driver

I would be willing to bet though, that if a company such as Taylormade (only used because of innovation) came out with this driver and talked about changing the face or removing the face to find a sound that works for every golfer, guys would be lined up to test one out...hehe

I agree JB, although I did try the original "Pod" driver and almost bought one.
I'll try almost anything once....almost anything.

Those srews on the face make me a bit uneasy.

Looks like they'll have to redefine "hitting it on the screws"

Looks like the screws would be a bad place to hit this club unlike those old persimmon clubs we used to hit.

They should really let the Thp forum members test it out, then they will both get a fair test of their product and good marketing if the product are good. But I can`t seem quite understand the reason for this loose front on the driver, what purpose does it really have? Why is this better than a regular driver?

i have a detachable driver normally the head detaches the shaft shatters the face and crown all detach in loads of pieces.....

right after i rap it around a tree for misbehaving

tell ya the truth i wouldnt mind trying this out, sure its kinda ugly and gimmicky but hey, it might just work

Those srews on the face make me a bit uneasy.

Ahhh, young and without the persimmon experience. Screws won't matter. Nicklaus hit it with wood, a bad ball and a 43" 3 wood with screws 300. So did Snead. Head was not that much bigger than your hybrid, and the shaft, well the shaft pretty much sucked. You won't even notice the screws.

Interesting idea.

Seems to me with the screws and the necessary posts to receive the screws would move too much weight too far forward. Most companies seem to be trying to move weight back in order to better control/lower spin, no?

What that is a crazy looking driver.....Thanks for sharing.

Reminiscent, to an extent, of the old persimmon drivers.

I still have two of those in my closet....an old Hogan Driver and my old favorite, The Cleveland Classic.....that was the **** in the day....LOL

I agree JB, although I did try the original "Pod" driver and almost bought one.
I'll try almost anything once....almost anything.

I remember those....supposedly you couldn't slice the ball with one.....a buddy bought one and still sliced the hell out of the ball!!

All i can see is stripped/broken bolts.

I could see me turning up to the course and forgetting my face. Which sounds strange and horrifying in itself. Think my 3 iron would go further if I bolted this face to it?

A detachable face AND you can even put a custom logo on it! GolfLogix members get it at 50% off. Active duty and vetern military personnel get it 50% off with a custom military logo. Any members on here in the military and members of GolfLogix at the same time? According to my calculations, they get it for free! :highfive:

Seems to me with the screws and the necessary posts to receive the screws would move too much weight too far forward. Most companies seem to be trying to move weight back in order to better control/lower spin, no?

Good point! Never thought of that.

Back