Boccieri Heavy Driver - Forum Testing Review

So, I used my Jedi mind-powers to get the Boccieri Heavy Driver at my door about two minutes after I posted about it on here. It freaked me out a little bit but I was far too excited to worry. So, I basically took it out of the box and left straight for the golf course. I played 18 holes with my coaching buddy today and was very excited to unleash this baby.

First off, I'm incredibly impressed with the look and feel of this driver. I'm a big fan of the color green (as you can tell by my giant paw print avatar) so the touches of green throughout are perfect for me. It looks great at address and certainly does not feel as heavy as the name would imply. In fact, it feels perfectly natural and comfortable. I'll be honest - I wasn't expecting a whole ton in the looks department but consider me pleasantly surprised. It's a sharp looking club - everyone that checked it out today said the same thing. I absolutely love the black shaft with the shades of green.

So, I took it straight to the course (Indian Run). I didn't even take the plastic off of the head until I was standing by the first tee! I took both of my drivers with me for comparison sake and hit two drives on multiple holes. My friends - I shot a 79. That's only the second time that I've dipped below 80 this year. It was awesome! And here's a telling stat for you: I hit 11 fairways. My last round? 6. I went with the 9 degree driver and a stiff shaft and it seems to be a perfect fit for me.

Front Nine:

Hole #1: Alright, we have a 347 yard par 4. I hit my R9 first and put it out there well enough, just right of the fairway. It traveled right around 250 yards. Next, I bust out the Boccieri for the inaugural swing. Left-center of the fairway, 270 yards. I put it on the green and ended up with a par.

Hole #2: 500 yard par 5. I just hit the Boccieri this time and, well, it was money. 265 yards and in the center of the fairway. I hit a crappy second shot but recovered well and still ended up with another par. I'll take it.

Hole #3: This is a pretty fun hole - it's actually a 324 yard par 4, downhill, and can be driven. I pull out the Boccieri and take it to the edge of the fairway. DEAD STRAIGHT. I mean, it was a perfectly beautiful ball flight. I was left with 30 yards and put it in for a birdie. I've always had trouble with this hole - if you miss to the right it runs down a hill and leaves you a really tough second shot. None of that here.

Hole #4: 357 yard par 4 from another elevated tee-box. Again, I always miss right on this hole and end up hitting on a hillside in nasty rough. Not this time. I lace it down the middle of the fairway. It's almost boring at this point - what can I say? The ball goes straight and it still carries a lot of distance. I hit this one 260. 4/4 fairways hit so far. That's a rarity for me. I end up two-putting for par.

Hole #5: 342 yard par 4. I decided to hit the R9 again on this hole and do a little comparison. I hit it flush and it went 255 yards down the fairway. I hit the Boccieri flush as well and it went 265 yards in the fairway. I had a little better distance regularly from the Boccieri. It was pretty cool to see this club out driving the TaylorMade. I sailed my second shot over the green and onto this incredibly awkward hillside. Couldn't do anything but put it 20 feet from the pin. Ended up with a bogey. 5/5 fairways hit.

Hole #6: Par 3. 169 yards. I hit it well but left it in a bunker on the left. Ended up with another bogey.

Hole #7: Big time risk/reward scoring hole here. It's only a 465 yard, mostly downhill par 5 with a guarded green. I hit the drive well but it went a little right on me. Again, I hit two drives. I hit the R9 poorly and did a little snap hook. It wasn't good. Thank god I didn't have to play it, haha. I hit the Boccieri well but it didn't draw back enough and I was left in the right rough. It was still a steady 260 out there. 5/6 fairways hit. I went for the green and ended up in another bunker. Par city.

Hole #8: Very short 123 yard par 3. Hit a gap wedge onto the green and end up with a par.

Hole #9: Another fun hole. It's a harsh dogleg right and doesn't play particularly well to my draw. I have to clear a lot of water off of the tee and end up starting this darn thing halfway over the lake. It draws back beautifully and ends up perfect. I crushed it - it went 280 yards and left me with a little sand wedge into the green. 6/7 fairways hit. I ended up with a par and posted a 37 on the front nine. I'll take that.

Back Nine:

Hole #10: 346 yard par 4. It's a slight dogleg left and plays perfectly to my draw. I hit the R9 and hit it pretty well. It went 255 but was a bit further to the right than I wanted. I hit the Boccieri and hit it very well. 265 yards but it ended up just to the left of the fairway. No trouble though. 6/8 fairways hit. I hit what I thought was going to be a great second shot but it came up just short and trickled back into the water. I ended up with a double bogey on this one.

Hole #11: Definitely the toughest hole on the course. It's another tough dogleg left but it plays really well to my shot shape. I absolutely tag the Boccieri and it draws perfectly around the trees on the left of the fairway. I'm sitting pretty after putting it 275 yards out there. I ended up pushing my iron and carded a par. I'll take that every time on this hole. 7/9 fairways hit.

Hole #12: Another tough hole. It's only 372 yards but it's all uphill and the green is absolutely ridiculous. The fairway finder goes to work again. I popped it up a bit, as it only went 245 yards, but it still found the fairway. I hit my second shot on the green but ended up three putting as I was truly on the side of a mountain. It was a brutal putt. Bogey. 8/10 fairways hit.

Hole #13: 193 yard par 3. I hit a smooth 4 iron but pulled it a little. Ended up with a 4 after a poor putt.

Hole #14: Again, we have a big time scoring hole here. It's a 475 yard par 5 from an elevated tee box. A great hole to hit two drives! I hit the R9 well, putting it out over the ridge in the center of the fairway. It traveled 260. I hit the Boccieri well also. It, again, got over the ridge in the fairway and traveled 260. They were truly within five feet of each other. 9/11 fairways hit. I pulled my second shot again and ended up down to the left of the green. I hit a good flop shot over a bunker but missed the birdie putt. Par.

Hole #15: We have another par 5 here. 490 yards to an elevated green that is guarded by a bunker. I hit the Boccieri here and put it out in the center of the fairway. I feel like a broken record at this point but I'm happy about it. I thought it went about 260 yards but, well, I was wrong. This baby traveled 280 yards (which is a blast for me) and was 35 yards in front of my buddy. It was at this point that he was feeling quite jealous of my lovely new toy. 10/12 fairways hit. I ended up in a bunker after my second shot. I flubbed the first bunker shot badly and was still sitting in it. Oh joy. I then decided to three putt for a double. Yuck.

Hole #16: 163 yard par 3. All downhill. Very tough green. I hit a flush 8 iron but was left with a 35 footer. I three putted again. Ugh. Bogey.

Hole #17: A short par 4, only 332 yards, but it's veryyy much uphill. I hit the Boccieri and the R9 again. I ended up in the fairway with both but put the Boccieri five yards in front of the R9. I was swinging the driver well but I loved to see myself getting more distance from the Boccieri regularly. 11/13 fairways hit. I flew my second shot over the green and was stuck on a hillside. Awkward little shot that rolled twenty feet from the hole. I ended up with a bogey.

Hole #18: It's a 150 yard par 3. I hit it really well and ended up sinking a 15 footer for a birdie! Woo. 79.

---

11/13 fairways is just really fantastic for me. I was hitting them flush and still getting the distance. I definitely preferred the feel of the Boccieri to the R9 and was getting better distance from it. It really just looks sleek at address and I'm in love with the black and green shaft. Want a complaint? I guess I can really reach and say that I'm not too fond of the feel of the head cover, haha. I can't wait to play again with this thing - I'm planning on playing nine holes tomorrow. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for me! I'll be glad to provide all of you with whatever information you desire.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

---

It's an appropriate club for me - I'm a football coach at a school with a fantastic band nicknamed the 'Little Green Machine'. This driver already feels like my own personal 'Little Green Machine'. I'm extremely excited to see what it does for my game and even more excited to speak to Mr. Boccieri in the near future.

Wow, two great starts to the threads. Cant wait for mine to show up, hopefully I can chime in. Ill have to get out of this place and play some golf. This PGA Tour event is going to be incredibly inconvenient!

So, I used my Jedi mind-powers to get the Boccieri Heavy Driver at my door about two minutes after I posted about it on here. It freaked me out a little bit but I was far too excited to worry. So, I basically took it out of the box and left straight for the golf course. I played 18 holes with my coaching buddy today and was very excited to unleash this baby.

First off, I'm incredibly impressed with the look and feel of this driver. I'm a big fan of the color green (as you can tell by my giant paw print avatar) so the touches of green throughout are perfect for me. It looks great at address and certainly does not feel as heavy as the name would imply. In fact, it feels perfectly natural and comfortable. I'll be honest - I wasn't expecting a whole ton in the looks department but consider me pleasantly surprised. It's a sharp looking club - everyone that checked it out today said the same thing. I absolutely love the black shaft with the shades of green.

So, I took it straight to the course (Indian Run). I didn't even take the plastic off of the head until I was standing by the first tee! I took both of my drivers with me for comparison sake and hit two drives on multiple holes. My friends - I shot a 79. That's only the second time that I've dipped below 80 this year. It was awesome! And here's a telling stat for you: I hit 11 fairways. My last round? 6. I went with the 9 degree driver and a stiff shaft and it seems to be a perfect fit for me.

Front Nine:

Hole #1: Alright, we have a 347 yard par 4. I hit my R9 first and put it out there well enough, just right of the fairway. It traveled right around 250 yards. Next, I bust out the Boccieri for the inaugural swing. Left-center of the fairway, 270 yards. I put it on the green and ended up with a par.

Hole #2: 500 yard par 5. I just hit the Boccieri this time and, well, it was money. 265 yards and in the center of the fairway. I hit a crappy second shot but recovered well and still ended up with another par. I'll take it.

Hole #3: This is a pretty fun hole - it's actually a 324 yard par 4, downhill, and can be driven. I pull out the Boccieri and take it to the edge of the fairway. DEAD STRAIGHT. I mean, it was a perfectly beautiful ball flight. I was left with 30 yards and put it in for a birdie. I've always had trouble with this hole - if you miss to the right it runs down a hill and leaves you a really tough second shot. None of that here.

Hole #4: 357 yard par 4 from another elevated tee-box. Again, I always miss right on this hole and end up hitting on a hillside in nasty rough. Not this time. I lace it down the middle of the fairway. It's almost boring at this point - what can I say? The ball goes straight and it still carries a lot of distance. I hit this one 260. 4/4 fairways hit so far. That's a rarity for me. I end up two-putting for par.

Hole #5: 342 yard par 4. I decided to hit the R9 again on this hole and do a little comparison. I hit it flush and it went 255 yards down the fairway. I hit the Boccieri flush as well and it went 265 yards in the fairway. I had a little better distance regularly from the Boccieri. It was pretty cool to see this club out driving the TaylorMade. I sailed my second shot over the green and onto this incredibly awkward hillside. Couldn't do anything but put it 20 feet from the pin. Ended up with a bogey. 5/5 fairways hit.

Hole #6: Par 3. 169 yards. I hit it well but left it in a bunker on the left. Ended up with another bogey.

Hole #7: Big time risk/reward scoring hole here. It's only a 465 yard, mostly downhill par 5 with a guarded green. I hit the drive well but it went a little right on me. Again, I hit two drives. I hit the R9 poorly and did a little snap hook. It wasn't good. Thank god I didn't have to play it, haha. I hit the Boccieri well but it didn't draw back enough and I was left in the right rough. It was still a steady 260 out there. 5/6 fairways hit. I went for the green and ended up in another bunker. Par city.

Hole #8: Very short 123 yard par 3. Hit a gap wedge onto the green and end up with a par.

Hole #9: Another fun hole. It's a harsh dogleg right and doesn't play particularly well to my draw. I have to clear a lot of water off of the tee and end up starting this darn thing halfway over the lake. It draws back beautifully and ends up perfect. I crushed it - it went 280 yards and left me with a little sand wedge into the green. 6/7 fairways hit. I ended up with a par and posted a 37 on the front nine. I'll take that.

Back Nine:

Hole #10: 346 yard par 4. It's a slight dogleg left and plays perfectly to my draw. I hit the R9 and hit it pretty well. It went 255 but was a bit further to the right than I wanted. I hit the Boccieri and hit it very well. 265 yards but it ended up just to the left of the fairway. No trouble though. 6/8 fairways hit. I hit what I thought was going to be a great second shot but it came up just short and trickled back into the water. I ended up with a double bogey on this one.

Hole #11: Definitely the toughest hole on the course. It's another tough dogleg left but it plays really well to my shot shape. I absolutely tag the Boccieri and it draws perfectly around the trees on the left of the fairway. I'm sitting pretty after putting it 275 yards out there. I ended up pushing my iron and carded a par. I'll take that every time on this hole. 7/9 fairways hit.

Hole #12: Another tough hole. It's only 372 yards but it's all uphill and the green is absolutely ridiculous. The fairway finder goes to work again. I popped it up a bit, as it only went 245 yards, but it still found the fairway. I hit my second shot on the green but ended up three putting as I was truly on the side of a mountain. It was a brutal putt. Bogey. 8/10 fairways hit.

Hole #13: 193 yard par 3. I hit a smooth 4 iron but pulled it a little. Ended up with a 4 after a poor putt.

Hole #14: Again, we have a big time scoring hole here. It's a 475 yard par 5 from an elevated tee box. A great hole to hit two drives! I hit the R9 well, putting it out over the ridge in the center of the fairway. It traveled 260. I hit the Boccieri well also. It, again, got over the ridge in the fairway and traveled 260. They were truly within five feet of each other. 9/11 fairways hit. I pulled my second shot again and ended up down to the left of the green. I hit a good flop shot over a bunker but missed the birdie putt. Par.

Hole #15: We have another par 5 here. 490 yards to an elevated green that is guarded by a bunker. I hit the Boccieri here and put it out in the center of the fairway. I feel like a broken record at this point but I'm happy about it. I thought it went about 260 yards but, well, I was wrong. This baby traveled 280 yards (which is a blast for me) and was 35 yards in front of my buddy. It was at this point that he was feeling quite jealous of my lovely new toy. 10/12 fairways hit. I ended up in a bunker after my second shot. I flubbed the first bunker shot badly and was still sitting in it. Oh joy. I then decided to three putt for a double. Yuck.

Hole #16: 163 yard par 3. All downhill. Very tough green. I hit a flush 8 iron but was left with a 35 footer. I three putted again. Ugh. Bogey.

Hole #17: A short par 4, only 332 yards, but it's veryyy much uphill. I hit the Boccieri and the R9 again. I ended up in the fairway with both but put the Boccieri five yards in front of the R9. I was swinging the driver well but I loved to see myself getting more distance from the Boccieri regularly. 11/13 fairways hit. I flew my second shot over the green and was stuck on a hillside. Awkward little shot that rolled twenty feet from the hole. I ended up with a bogey.

Hole #18: It's a 150 yard par 3. I hit it really well and ended up sinking a 15 footer for a birdie! Woo. 79.

---

11/13 fairways is just really fantastic for me. I was hitting them flush and still getting the distance. I definitely preferred the feel of the Boccieri to the R9 and was getting better distance from it. It really just looks sleek at address and I'm in love with the black and green shaft. Want a complaint? I guess I can really reach and say that I'm not too fond of the feel of the head cover, haha. I can't wait to play again with this thing - I'm planning on playing nine holes tomorrow. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for me! I'll be glad to provide all of you with whatever information you desire.

---

It's an appropriate club for me - I'm a football coach at a school with a fantastic band nicknamed the 'Little Green Machine'. This driver already feels like my own personal 'Little Green Machine'. I'm extremely excited to see what it does for my game and even more excited to speak to Mr. Boccieri in the near future.

Wow! Sounds like you had an awesome time at the course and a really good first experience with the new driver!

Tappin' for world peace!

Hey coach, those are some great results right out of the box. Nicely done!

Two great reviews so far! Hopefully mine shows up tomorrow.

This afternoon I was home early to do some yard work and while taking a break from the 90 degree heat, I was sitting in my little shop in the rear of the garage, when a FedEx truck showed up. My first thought was that my wife had bought yet another pair of golf shoes to sit on a shelf with the other 35 pairs. But low and behold, the driver walked out of the truck with a much longer box than a shoe box.

I really had not given much thought to the driver coming so soon being JB just started this thread today, but it was indeed from Boccieri Golf! I quickly signed for the box and was like a kid at Christmas. I did the best I could on very short notice to take a few self pics and I'm sorry to look like such a slob, but I was really working in the yard.

I cut open the box like a little kid and my first impression in seeing the driver was, that it was just a very traditional looking club with no flashy graphics or flashy colors, just nice and simple, working class style which is just the way I like my clubs. The black shaft is very nice and not in any way distracting (I once had a driver with a white shaft and never really got use to the bright color), so I was very pleased with the color of the head, shaft and grip.

My plans were to do some more work this evening and not playing as a storm front was closing in on us, but I stopped everything, grabbed a quick shower and headed for my home course. When I arrived, the wind was dead in my face at the driving range at about 20/25 mph with a few gusts close to 30 I would guess. I have never been a great wind player and hitting a driver dead into a brisk wind is not a strong part of my game, but I had to give this driver its first go.

I have been playing either a 12 or 13 degree driver for the past 5 or 6 years, so I have been thinking about this with a very open mind with my only choice being either a 9 or 10 degree from Boccieri. At just four months shy of turning 50, I just am no longer as flexible as I once was and my swing speed the past couple of years has dropped from the mid 90's I averaged for years, to my current 82/83 average. I went with a 10 degree with a regular shaft.

The club is a inch longer at 45 inches than my current 44 inch but I don't see this as being a issue. The club sits slightly closed at I'm guessing 1 degree, so the look is a little different than my current one at 2 degrees. The look at address is very pleasing, and even though the graphics on the shaft are on top, they were in no way distracting. Although this driver is of course named the Heavy Driver, it really feels pretty light in my hands, maybe a little heavier than I'm use to, but still it feels pretty good.

My first swing was very slow, nice and easy to get a feel for the club in my hands, and it was pretty easy to feel the club head at the top, so I spend several minutes just giving it some dry runs.

My first real swing with the club resulted in a low fade. I was set up with my aim point well left because I kind of thought going into this that this club was going to be a left to right club for me, from my past experience with lower lofted drivers. I ended up hitting between 30 and 40 full shots with the club, and it was in less than perfect conditions with the strong wind dead in my face, and while the results were very predictable right to left with a low to mid ball flight, but I did loose a couple of shots into the wind which turned into really hard slices, but I think most of that was the wind along with a less than perfect swing. I could also not really get a good feel on distance with the strong wind, but it appeared to be in my normal 235 to 250 yard range.

I was really not able to get a good feel for this as I had to cut the session short as the rain, thunder and lightning finally reached the course. I headed into the clubhouse and sit down and talked with our PGA Pro about the driver, the company and the review(s) I will be writing in the coming months. My pro gave the driver very good marks for the style and colors in staying with a traditional look (that us old guys like).

I will be in Indy on Wednesday and I am going to throw the driver in as well as my current driver and if time will allow, I'm hoping I can get into the GolfTec lab at the north Indy Golfsmith store to try and get some numbers on both drivers.

My first impressions of the driver where very good and I think with some time to get a feel for it, along with some adjustments in my setup and swing path, I will see some good results. Should be a great time over the next few months with this driver.

Thanks again to Boccieri Golf and THP for the chance to review this driver!

Front Nine:

Back Nine:

---

Great start for both of you. I guess I know what to look for in a starting review.

Glad you guys are finally getting your Drivers....can't wait to see the full reviews!

Great initial thoughts guys :D

Great reviews so far guys. My wife signed for mine and my first review will be posted tomorrow night, as I'm currently travelling for work.

Wow two great initial write ups guys! Love the pics and how in depth you guys were. I also enjoyed the side by side done with the R9. Thanks guys, keep up the good work.

Front Nine:

Back Nine:

---

---

That is an impressive start there.

Can you tell us what was the loft/setting/shaft in your R9? And what was the trajectory like between the two drivers?

Excellent detail in your initial thoughts guys, very impressed! Can't wait to follow along and see how you're getting on.

Im shocked that nobody else got theirs today.

Man you guys are killing it in here. Great job so far!!

Are the Heavy Driver (and the irons, wedges, and hybrids for that matter) USGA conforming? I quickly looked through the lists on USGA.org, but didn't see it listed as conforming or non-conforming.

I know the putters are fine, but there is a lot more leeway there. I'm a big fan of the wedges, but they almost feel like cheating with that back-weighting.

Hats off to SFCoach for the great in hand pics. I was in such a hurry yesterday to get to the course with the driver, that I never gave it a thought to take some pics of the club.

I was very busy today as I had to travel to Indy for a long work related meeting, so I had no time at the course today. When I got home this evening, we had winds gusting to the low 30's again, so I just gave up on heading back to the range.

I have league tomorrow evening so I'm hoping I can get some more range time in with the driver before heading out to play.

Hats off to SFCoach for the great in hand pics. I was in such a hurry yesterday to get to the course with the driver, that I never gave it a thought to take some pics of the club.

I was very busy today as I had to travel to Indy for a long work related meeting, so I had no time at the course today. When I got home this evening, we had winds gusting to the low 30's again, so I just gave up on heading back to the range.

I have league tomorrow evening so I'm hoping I can get some more range time in with the driver before heading out to play.

looking forward to how it performs for ya, im about 40 minutes north of Indy and its blowing like crazy here

Me too! I was totally expected to come home and have a beautiful box waiting for me. Hopefully it comes tomorrow!

So today I was invited to play at a private course here in town. It's a very nice course in immaculate shape mostly played by doctors and lawyers and such. While in the fairway on number 7 my cell phone rings, I let it go to voicemail so I could hit and shortly after it rang again. I got to my cart to answer it and the caller ID said Brandon from Fed-ex. Yes I have ordered so much stuff that I have the route driver in my contacts. Anyway, he was calling to ask when would be a good time for him to slip by because he had a package for me. I wonder what it could be? I told him that I would be home by 3 and at 2:58 he pulled into the drive!

The driver was packed very well with large amounts of balled up paper to keep it from slipping around inside the box. The driver itself was incased in a plastic sheath.

100_0019.jpg

100_0021.jpg

100_0022.jpg

I ordered mine in stiff flex with a 9* head as thats what I play normally.

100_0024.jpg

After unboxing the driver I took note of the weight, you can tell this is no ordinary driver by that alone. The weight is most notable when holding it from the head end but really not too heavy at all. I really like the look of this driver. I think Boccieri did a great job in the design and finish.

100_0023.jpg

100_0025.jpg

I stepped into the yard to do a few mock swings to see how it felt and right away I could feel it release as I swung through. I know you guys have heard the term "falling into the slot" and with the added weight it magnifies it. You can also feel the head all the way through the swing as well. Enough with the mock swings I wanted to go hit this thing! I had to wait on the wife to get off work so I could drop the girls off and have some time alone testing the new driver.

I only had time left for nine holes so I paid to walk nine, it was also the first time using my new Bagboy Automatic push cart so I was multi tasking. I'll post a review about it later.

100_0026.jpg

I like the way this club sets up, it seems pretty neutral and since my miss is a hook that was a nice surprise as most clubs in the game improvement section tend to be a bit closed. I took a few practice swings and then addressed the ball. I'd like to say the maiden swing went 280 straight down the middle but I can't, instead I topped it and it dribbled a measley 100 yards to the left of the tee box. My normal driver is a taylormade superfast and it is everything this driver isn't, it's light and long in length so the difference in weight and length took some adjusting to. The second swing was a nice and smooth one that resulted in a 265 yard drive 15 yards left of center. I didn't try to overpower it and the results were great.

100_0027.jpg

The next driver hole was a par 5 thats driveable in 2. I took a nice smooth swing and this time it was straight down the middle for about 265. Again I was just letting the driver guide me through and not try to overpower it. I really like the way you can feel the weight of it through the swing. I think this driver would really help someone who gets too quick with the driver as it helps you keep a smoother tempo.

The last par 4 was my best with the driver. It's the second hole and I played it twice because number 9 goes away from the clubhouse. It's a 398 par 4 that plays uphill and you need a really good drive to get to the flat part of the fairway. I decided to swing on it a bit but try not to get too quick. I hit it on the screws and the ball ended up 15 yards short of the 100 yard marker. You can see in the picture how uphill the hole plays and you can see the red 100 yard marker in front of the ball. This thing is going to be a gamer!

100_0030.jpg

100_0032.jpg

100_0033.jpg

You can see where I was hitting the ball on the clubface. For the most part all shots are fairly centered. I think alot of that has to do with the tempo the weight makes you swing. I look forward to putting alot more swings on this thing and getting it dialed in to see what it can really do.

100_0035.jpg

My initial thoughts are great. I like the look and feel of this stick and am pleasantly surprised that it's not closed too much at address. If I have any complaint so far it's a minor one and really isn't about the driver but instead the headcover. It opens and closes with a long zipper and is a bit of a nuisance to take off and on during play as I don't leave my covers off. Yeah! I'm "that" guy!

I hope you enjoyed my initial review and found it informative. I look forward to more testing and will give you feedback as I go. Thank you THP and Boccieri once again for this great opportunity.

...taking notes.
if ever chosen for testing, this is how a review is done.

nice write up HG, DD, SF and Degoins and great pics!

Hey guys what type of bal flight are you getting out of this club and does the weight hinder working the ball? Not that I work the ball very much on purpose LOL but i am curious.

PS some great write up guys keep them coming. Thanks to THP and Boccieri for the great opportunity for these guys!

I'm getting a lower ball flight than with my burner. I fight a high ball and this flight is almost perfect. I didn't try to work the ball, the straight shots were too fun. I'll work on that for my next review.

Great stuff, everyone. Glad to see others are starting to get their drivers. I'm also glad to see that others seem to be pleasantly surprised by the appearance of the club.

I wasn't able to make it out today - had football all day. However, I'll definitely be hitting the course tomorrow. Also, someone asked about the specs of my R9 460 - it's also a stiff shaft but is 10.5*. I keep it set at neutral.

I'm getting a lower ball flight than with my burner. I fight a high ball and this flight is almost perfect. I didn't try to work the ball, the straight shots were too fun. I'll work on that for my next review.

Thanks! I play in, a constant wind out here so I like a lower to mid ball flight.

I kinda am too. Ohio to Philly isn't that far. But it could just be floating around the club? I live at the greens house, work in food and beverage, and most golf clubs go to the golf shop. Talk about a bit of a cluster, but either way I'm sure it'll pop up tomorrow.

I hope it's not in PGATour deliveries. That would be a little tougher to track down! Time for a good ol' fashioned THP Scavenger Hunt.

Back