Your take on cargo shorts

Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
Personally I like the feel and look of them and plus the extra pockets don't hurt plus since buying my Nike Dri-fit shorts I think I have some new favorites to wear but I have a feeling some people on here don't like them or maybe just the look of them when going out to play. Your thoughts?

(if repeat thread please move, I searched)

Last edited:
Seen this debate somewhere on these forums before. I personally like them for the same reasons, but don't think I would wear that at a really nice course. The muni's and my semi-private club, yah, cargo shorts are fine.

Seen this debate somewhere on these forums before. I personally like them for the same reasons, but don't think I would wear that at a really nice course. The muni's and my semi-private club, yah, cargo shorts are fine.

+1 I agree with your comments about where I would and would not wear them

I used to wear them a lot as a college/high school kid on the course, but that was what most of my shorts were..

I think on a golf course, especially a nice one, they don't look great.. Munis will be munis, but I don't know that I'd ever wear another pair of cargo shorts on a golf course.

I used to wear them a lot as a college/high school kid on the course, but that was what most of my shorts were..

I think on a golf course, especially a nice one, they don't look great.. Munis will be munis, but I don't know that I'd ever wear another pair of cargo shorts on a golf course.

read my mind

Gap cargo no good for golf course, for me. Walking around, hanging out fine, for me. I have seen some nice streamline cargo that I would wear on the course. Extra pockets aren't always good on the golf course, but I'll give you some support on the cargo thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear them except at really nice courses. They are much more comfortable. I have a hard time finding golf shorts that are long enough anyway.

I think it all depends on where you are at. Some places they are fine, other places not.

Let the debate rage on................

Our friend the well-respected California heart surgeon wears them at the country club in Moraga. I personally don't mind them, nor do I mind seeing people wearing them. They are comfortable.

I wear them except at really nice courses. They are much more comfortable. I have a hard time finding golf shorts that are long enough anyway.

I don't know how tall you are or how long you need your shorts to be, but Nike and Slazenger make a pretty long short..

Exactly my feelings. I wore cargo shorts to my local course Wednesday but not today to a very nice semi private club.

I don't know how tall you are or how long you need your shorts to be, but Nike and Slazenger make a pretty long short..

I often have the same problem with golf shorts. Maybe I'll check on Nike and Slazenger brands. Thanks for the heads up.

IMO, cargo shorts have no place on a golf course, muni or not. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cargo shorts in general, and own several pair, but I will never wear them on the golf course. They just scream "MUNI!!!!" When I like to look "COUNTRY CLUB!!!"

IMO, cargo shorts have no place on a golf course, muni or not. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cargo shorts in general, and own several pair, but I will never wear them on the golf course. They just scream "MUNI!!!!" When I like to look "COUNTRY CLUB!!!" and my game screams "CADDYSHACK!!!"

FIFY :D

Good One, WR. That it does :D

I wear cargo shorts everywhere all year except at the golf course. I then put on my nice Oakley golf shorts and a nice polo so I look the part. My game may be muni but I want to present country club.

First, I gotta say that I don't really care what others wear. That said, cargo shorts with the loose, billowing pockets aren't really a good look on the course, imo. But I've seen cargo shorts that appear neatly pressed with pockets taught. They look just fine, afaic.

Personally I wouldnt but one of the regular guys I golf with does all the time. I guess it just comes down to preference

I wear cargos all the time. Not to any really fancy courses, but to my local courses they are fine.
Very useful with all the extra pockets and such.

I think they are ok at the muni but for nice courses the regular shorts are more proper. I do have a couple pairs of neat looking cargo shorts that have flat pockets that I think look just fine.

I think they are ok at the muni but for nice courses the regular shorts are more proper. I do have a couple pairs of neat looking cargo shorts that have flat pockets that I think look just fine.

That's a good point... Are we talking this:
mens-cargo-shorts-07m025-872.jpg

or this:
18c5f2523afd6faaa7c56df1074b0081.jpg

I do think the second example are pretty much okay.

I agree with this.

I wore cargo shorts all of them time growing up, including the golf course. Now I find them heavy just to wear around, I wouldn't think of wearing them on the golf course, would drive me nuts.

I never understood why people care what "other" people wear on the golf course. As long as they are following the dress code of that course it shouldnt matter. I say wear your cargo shorts as long as your course allows it.

I wear the cargo shorts with the baggy looking pockets casually, and I wear the ones with flat pockets on the course sometimes. I don't really put anything in the pockets though.

Back