Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why but I'm pondering the Razr Hawk:alien:

because it is the best driver on the market! I expect to see you posting in the "What Golf Stuff did you buy today" thread relatively soon.

because it is the best driver on the market that is actually advertised and available to people for them to try! I expect to see you posting in the "What Golf Stuff did you buy today" thread relatively soon.

Had to FIFY dd....hehehehehe

for some people :alien:

because it is the best driver on the market! I expect to see you posting in the "What Golf Stuff did you buy today" thread relatively soon.

A set of the Adams Watson wedges to replace the X22 set wedges I've been using so I can dial in my short game better. Then eventually move up to the new 588's for next season.

He is one good dude for sure, spent 20-30 minutes on the phone with him fitting flex and discussing why I was going with the C-Taper's in order to make sure I wasn't just reaching. It was very very cool, excellent and crazy knowledgeable.

My C-tapers are going in today as well. Was really torn on what flex to go with but settled on stiff like you. My driver SS is fast enough to warrant an x flex but I tend to hit my irons much more smoothly and didn't want to have a shaft that felt too harsh. This is my first experience with KBS shafts so we'll see how it turns out!

Only part that is worrying me is that they won't swingweight correctly but hopefully the guy installing them for me takes care of that.

I am just getting back into golf and have an opportunity to purchase a new Callaway Jaws Slate CC wedge 60* for $65.00. I Have been told that that a lob wedge is really hard for most people to hit, that maybe I should take a pass. Any thoughts?

I am just getting back into golf and have an opportunity to purchase a new Callaway Jaws Slate CC wedge 60* for $65.00. I Have been told that that a lob wedge is really hard for most people to hit, that maybe I should take a pass. Any thoughts?

That is a really good deal but my lob wedge gets me into more trouble then anything. I dont really hit it all that much to be honest.

I love my 58* jaws. I need to practice flop shots more

But for once, I'm not pondering. Well until Cleveland cg black driver and fairway come out

MattyCaulk Approved!

Check the review on the home page that Jason did on turning any putter into a belly putter.
I saw this before, but I knew it wasn't a product I'd ever use! But after my putting issues and now after talking to Thainer, I am going to be trying this thing out in a couple of days.

That is a really good deal but my lob wedge gets me into more trouble then anything. I dont really hit it all that much to be honest.

Thanks for confirming what I'm being told.

you could always have it bent a degree or two if you find the 60 hard to hit

Havent been pondering in the last few weeks, not sure what my problem is.

Might have something to do with every club except my 3H being replaced since I joined the site??? lol

I too am pondering drivers again.

The R11 and the Superfast 2.0 just are not great drivers for me. I need something to help out my Jake-Straight fade/slices...so directional and distance forgiveness are more important to me than an extra 5 yards. Since I've got several R9/R11 tipped shafts, one ponder is a 9.5 deg SuperTri (which I've lusted over since last April in Venice), but the Razr Hawk seemed much more directionally forgiving than the R11 in Orlando. Then of course, there is the Cleveland SL290 which I like a lot, and of course there is the unknown of the potential Fall Release factor and/or end of season price drops on the Spring Releases.

JB - Thanks for the G20 comparison...that just muddied waters worse :)

Check out my launch monitor stats in the driver promo thread with some great RAZR Hawk info.

That is why I'm pondering lol:banghead:

I too am pondering drivers again.

The R11 and the Superfast 2.0 just are not great drivers for me. I need something to help out my Jake-Straight fade/slices...so directional and distance forgiveness are more important to me than an extra 5 yards. Since I've got several R9/R11 tipped shafts, one ponder is a 9.5 deg SuperTri (which I've lusted over since last April in Venice), but the Razr Hawk seemed much more directionally forgiving than the R11 in Orlando. Then of course, there is the Cleveland SL290 which I like a lot, and of course there is the unknown of the potential Fall Release factor and/or end of season price drops on the Spring Releases.

JB - Thanks for the G20 comparison...that just muddied waters worse :)

I was looking at an R9 head on ebay...I just dont get the whole adapter system. Could I pull my Miyazaki from my 310 and put it into the R9?

I want a Super Tri head I think to get some numbers on it with a bunch of the TM tipped shafts I've got about.

My wife thinks I have a distrubing amount of "test" equipment. I think she confused the word disturbing with fantastic

I was looking at an R9 head on ebay...I just dont get the whole adapter system. Could I pull my Miyazaki from my 310 and put it into the R9?

If you installed the TM R9/11 tip on it afterwards, yes.

I can always pull the tip off and put it back in a normal driver right?

Yes, the tip should be removable...although I'm not sure the best way to pull it since the tip is epoxied on to the shaft.

Yes, the tip should be removable...although I'm not sure the best way to pull it since the tip is epoxied on to the shaft.

A puller like you'd pull a shaft from a head, if you twist during removal the old shaft WILL splinter. Bad stuff as drilling out the tip of the old shaft is no fun.

A puller like you'd pull a shaft from a head, if you twist during removal the old shaft WILL splinter. Bad stuff as drilling out the tip of the old shaft is no fun.

OFF TOPIC:

Jman what kind of puller do you use?

Ok I was going to take it somewhere to have the shafts changed anyways (if I didnt like the stock one). Hope I get lucky on ebay and I might have on of these in the bag next week for my tournament (otherwise its 3w off the tee lol)

Thanks for the info guys...just couldnt bring myself to spend 400$ for a hawk/R11/910D3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back