What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My worst score in a while on 9: A terrible, sickening 48. After a par on the long par 5 #1, I went: double, bogey, double, double, triple, bogey, bogey, par. My worst hole was the par 4 #6 (388 yards). I hit a short drive OB, then popped up my 2nd drive to about 100 yds. My 4th shot hooked wayy right of the green, nestled into some deep rough. Sculled it out and rolled well past about 20 ft. from the hole. Ended up with a 2-putt.

P.S. I'm the 10000th poster on this thread!!!!!! :banana:

My worst score in a while on 9: A terrible, sickening 48. After a par on the long par 5 #1, I went: double, bogey, double, double, triple, bogey, bogey, par. My worst hole was the par 4 #6 (388 yards). I hit a short drive OB, then popped up my 2nd drive to about 100 yds. My 4th shot hooked wayy right of the green, nestled into some deep rough. Sculled it out and rolled well past about 20 ft. from the hole. Ended up with a 2-putt.

P.S. I'm the 10000th poster on this thread!!!!!! :banana:

Sorry about the round, and even more sorry to tell you you were the 10,001st.

10,000 replies, wow. Shot a 79, that included 2 3-putt pars :( and 7 lip outs on the high side that went 3 feet past the hole; gotta have a few less wheaties tomorrow!

Really crappy 42 on the front. Even after 4 holes- double, par, double, par, double to finish. Ugly last 5 holes (well 3 out of the 5)

You played well out there man, nice round. I had a good time even though I played like :poop:. The driver, which was working so well for me, is now in timeout and were not speaking.

thanks Kevin, yeah i knew you were getting hot a couple times today but it happens to everyone, hell i only hit 2 fairways today with my driver. i went back and checked today was the first time i was ever under par on 9 so i'm still stoked about that. let me know when you and you're driver can meet me at clay creek for a rematch.

Sorry about the round, and even more sorry to tell you you were the 10,001st.

Ouch, stole that from him didnt I?

crappy round today

95 at Beckett Ridge Country Club

was just slapping everything around, driver, 3 wood, irons, wedges, and heck even the usually reliable putter...jsut one of them days.

The bright spot was the Boccieri 3W on the back 9, I struggled with my Burner 3W on the front, but hit the Boccieri solid on the back, just not quite the distances I was hoping for

I officially HATE champion bermuda grass! I am a bad enough putter without greens that are 12-12.5 on the stimpmeter. One girl told me she had a 15 on a hole after putting up and down the green. It was crazy. I had one four putt and way too many 3 putts.

I shot a 93 finishing with a dang 9 on the last hole. The 18th hole is along water and is full of traps. We had an audience watching and my crap game unfolded in front of the crowd.

I am sure I had over 40 putts but quit counting after 9. I had 22 on the front. They rolled the greens this AM which made them even faster and some of the pin placements were horrid.

Take away the putting and that last crap hole and I hit the ball really good all day. Even had a 93 yard shot to 1' from the hole which I birdied. I was proud of most of my shots but quite aggravated by my putting. At least I wasn't the only person who struggled with the greens. The locals definitely had an advantage.

With the greens that fast I would imagine most here would have trouble bettering your scores for the 2 days, it really sounds to me like you played pretty well other than with the flatstick. On greens that fast if you aren't below the hole those 3 and even 4 putts will happen often, as others have said, I am sure the experience made you a better golfer. Nice going KB.

Hey, that is really all that matters huh?

Most assuredly, when it ceases to be fun there is really no point in playing, I certainly will never make a living as a golfer. :D

Shot a 97 today at Beechwood. played the back 9 first then the front nine. Shot 47 on the first 9 and a 50 on the second 9. Had 37 puts which is right about average for me, chipping was very good for me got lots of them close. Iron play wasn't terrible as i had some great shots that left nasty divots and stuck to the greens, but hit a lot of balls left of the green and quite a few long. My driver is giving me fits again and ended up using my 5wd quite a bit on the back half. This is the third time i have broken 100 this year. Hopefully I can continue to work on my ball striking and get my yardages more consistent.

Finally broke 90 today after 2 weeks of poor golf and stuck a 89 on the scorecard. Seem to be hitting my driver and the only down point was soon poor chip shots

91 (yesterday) at Coulsdon Manor. Not the most challenging course I play, but enjoyable. Nice birdie on a par 5 that I dont think I've ever even made par on before (despite a wayward drive) - holing from 25 feet. Rest of the round was about average for me (couple of booming drives, but some fades and a couple of slices), long irons very average, short to mid irons good, putting poor.

Solid day out there today, at least for me. Shot 77 38/39, yet came away feeling I left a bunch on the table. I was a green magnet on the front with 8 of 9, but 2 putted everything except #9 with a 3 putt for 19?? Couldn't find a green on the back with a whoping 3, but chipped close and started making some longish putts for 13 total on the back. Its hard to put the whole game together front and back, but overall I liked it. When you can't drive the ball more than a 230 average on a 6200+ yard course you had better bring some short game or putting. I had one on the front, the other on the back, lol.

Dang. That's a great round, Duey!

Thanks man, things are coming together nicely, other than the driver distance. Its straight, but short.

38 on the first half of the round with a few short missed birdie putts but ill take it the way I've been playing. Hope to get out in a few minutes for the second nine. Darn rain

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I played a charity golf tournement today (scramble) and Colondale Golf course in Beaumont Alberta. It was probably 8 degrees and windy.. Starting at 8am with no warmup was pretty hard on me.. I didn't have a good shot till the back nine where I hade some decent shots. It was intimidating playing with a guy that had a +3 handicap, but was interesting to see how he played the holes and read the greens. All in all, it was a good game, and thankfully it was a scramble so my harrible front nine didn't matter!!

Good to hear you enjoyed it, I know you were a little nervous about playing with some so much better. Keep getting the practice in, you will need as much as you can get for next time we play.

shot a 78 today on a new course, wasn't really impressed and prob won't go back anytime soon. i should have shot a lot better though. i went back and checked out my last 5 rounds my back 9 is always a lot better than my front 9 i gotta find a way to get off to a better start. i also 3 putt the first hole on my last 4 rounds. it really made me mad today. after the first hole my putting has been really great. back out tomorrow hopefully i can hit a bucket before hand maybe get off to a better start.

shot a 78 today on a new course, wasn't really impressed and prob won't go back anytime soon. i should have shot a lot better though. i went back and checked out my last 5 rounds my back 9 is always a lot better than my front 9 i gotta find a way to get off to a better start. i also 3 putt the first hole on my last 4 rounds. it really made me mad today. after the first hole my putting has been really great. back out tomorrow hopefully i can hit a bucket before hand maybe get off to a better start.

Where did you play

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Solid day out there today, at least for me. Shot 77 38/39, yet came away feeling I left a bunch on the table. I was a green magnet on the front with 8 of 9, but 2 putted everything except #9 with a 3 putt for 19?? Couldn't find a green on the back with a whoping 3, but chipped close and started making some longish putts for 13 total on the back. Its hard to put the whole game together front and back, but overall I liked it. When you can't drive the ball more than a 230 average on a 6200+ yard course you had better bring some short game or putting. I had one on the front, the other on the back, lol.

Sounds like a great candidate for Team Porch Rockers. Great round good buddy! You need to get your butt down to Georgia and play some golf with us one day!

Thanks buddy, wish I could. Sounds like a blast down there, I can't wait to see all the pics.

Didn't hit the course today(dang leagues) but did hit the range. And man I hit everything great. Everything had a great ball flight and just everything was pure. Gave me a good chance to try out the iCaddi again and hit after a week and a half layoff.

46/44
absolutely ridiculous today
i missed 3 fw's
hit 7 greens
every single club was crisp and pure... except for the putter
4 3 putts in a row... even close ones refused to drop
not one single birdie/eagle
greens were unusually fast and i was blowing putts 8ft past the hole uphill and a trillion miles by downhill
had some weird pulls with the putter... tap ins were far from gimmes
i stuck a few approach shots really close and walked away with bogeys
even my buddy was saying "holy cow youre throwing darts" then he witnessed the putting
i should have 4 birdies on the card and a ton more pars at least uggggh

41 today after school. Not too happy about it. I didn't putt well at all. I made 3 nice birdie putts, but missed several short putts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back