JR

Reaction score
Handicap
I took a look at these, and the technology looks pretty cool. Has anyone used them? How do they spin, feel, ect?

Yet another thing you will pry out of my cold, dead hands. I really like the Eidolon wedges as the weather changes rapidly in BC so I need to switch the bounce on all the shots on any given day. Unless I want 3 sets of wedges, these were the only other solution and they're really good.

Spin is great and you can get either the current spin grooves or the new regulation grooves. Assuming you play graphite you can even match the shafts which is more useful then one might imagine at first.

Excellent feel as well. Personally, I'm a technique player but friends of mine go on about the awesome feel of them.

Plus with their money back guarentee it's a better then decent idea to take a chance on them.

How do you change the bounce on these wedges? Do you just open the wedge up? And is the high bounce on the open or square face.
Sorry for all the questions, I need a verstile wedge with a nice amount of loft for round the greens and in the bunker.

I just got my Eidolon wedges last week. The "Pro" on this forum recommended them to me since I posted a wedge question regarding bounce.
My problem was what do you do when you have a tight fairway but have a wedge with a lot of bounce.

The Eidolon wedges are amazing. The first time I practiced with them I literally was shaking my head. The ball just comes out of ANY lie. At the practice green (like many others) I was sticking them ALL close to the pin; out on the course, however,
your mental ability changes. The only problem I am having is that I am used to giving a little more oomph with other wedges to help get the ball out. With these wedges, the ball comes out so easily that I am hitting past the pin. I need to practice dialing it down a bit.

I have used Vokey, Cleveland and Pings (my favorite) and now the Eidolons. I'll be selling the others.

Shewythemuss:
Long story short: the sole of the wedge is in a V which lets you open it up or close it down at will which helps a lot when it's both wet and hardpan within the same week.

If the review that JB posted doesn't answer everything for you the Eidolon guys are more then willing to answer questions through email or on the phone.

I spent 2 hours chipping with my 60* and 54* yesterday, everything from greenside, bunker, rough, over a bunker....You name it. I even walked out about 100 yards andhit some approach shots. My goal yesterday was to know the feel of these wedges. This is the first set of wedges I have gamed since I sold my Titleist Vokeys over a ear ago. All I had been gaming was my stock CG 7 BP SW. Man, I can tell you after my time practicing yesterday I realized I have been leaving a lot of strokes on the golf course.

Looks: these wedges are nothing spectacular at address, there not oil quench, or any other special finish, but really...who care, to me, I need a wedge that will perform. at address they are very appealing though. I will sa that I love the graphite shaft, more than I thought I would. I think the graphite being so lite allows ou to really feel the head weight and essentially play to the distance you are aiming at.

these clubs performed just as I had imagined the would. My second chip of the day on the practice green...I holed out. so from then on out my confidence was through the roof. I guess it was senior day as there were 20 70 year olds out there putting for their round...I was just out chipping away and out of 6 balls the longest putt I left myself with was about 2 feet. This old guy looked ay me and said, "pretty impressive young man". Now, anyone that has played golf with me knows that my short game is not my strong suit but I have to say that I am VER VERY impressed with these wedges.

They are very soft off the face...if you hit the sweet spot, you really do not feel the ball at all, if you miss center, you know it but you still get GREAT results. I was using old balls I keep in my bag and still getting the ball to check up. feel free to ask me any questions about these bad boys

Excellent write up man, thanks for taking the time to share you experience. I think I'm missing the boat on these wedges!

Great writeup man, time to change your sig!
I spent 2 hours chipping with my 60* and 54* yesterday, everything from greenside, bunker, rough, over a bunker....You name it. I even walked out about 100 yards andhit some approach shots. My goal yesterday was to know the feel of these wedges. This is the first set of wedges I have gamed since I sold my Titleist Vokeys over a ear ago. All I had been gaming was my stock CG 7 BP SW. Man, I can tell you after my time practicing yesterday I realized I have been leaving a lot of strokes on the golf course.

Looks: these wedges are nothing spectacular at address, there not oil quench, or any other special finish, but really...who care, to me, I need a wedge that will perform. at address they are very appealing though. I will sa that I love the graphite shaft, more than I thought I would. I think the graphite being so lite allows ou to really feel the head weight and essentially play to the distance you are aiming at.

these clubs performed just as I had imagined the would. My second chip of the day on the practice green...I holed out. so from then on out my confidence was through the roof. I guess it was senior day as there were 20 70 year olds out there putting for their round...I was just out chipping away and out of 6 balls the longest putt I left myself with was about 2 feet. This old guy looked ay me and said, "pretty impressive young man". Now, anyone that has played golf with me knows that my short game is not my strong suit but I have to say that I am VER VERY impressed with these wedges.

They are very soft off the face...if you hit the sweet spot, you really do not feel the ball at all, if you miss center, you know it but you still get GREAT results. I was using old balls I keep in my bag and still getting the ball to check up. feel free to ask me any questions about these bad boys

Thanks buddy! Well, I didnt spend much time with them at the outting and after speaking with a few people I decided to just get some. And I really like how the feel, to me, I feel like I can control them better than other wedges.

Good stuff, One-T. I have to say, I was a little skeptical of the graphite shafts until I read your review. I know that you hit the ball a ton and if they can hold up to your swing they must be solid.

How did they perform on full shots for you?

Good stuff, One-T. I have to say, I was a little skeptical of the graphite shafts until I read your review. I know that you hit the ball a ton and if they can hold up to your swing they must be solid.

How did they perform on full shots for you?

I only had 6 swings of full shots...of the 6, 4 were on the green( 1 was about 2 1/2 feet out) and the other 2 were short fringe. Does that help? I would not for a second stray from the graphite if I were you. Now, Biggsy on the other hand may want to... hehe

I've got a set of Eidolons (the older sort with "non-conforming" U grooves). I too am a massive fan, the v-sole tech seems to really work...creating the bounce required to get out of bunkers/rough etc... whilst still being able to nip it off tight fairways in the summer. The standard Eidolon shafts that I've got in are apparantly custom made for the company by FST and claim to increase spin, I imagine its similar technology to what goes into the DG Spinners (but you'd have to ask a pro club fitter that one). Whilst on the topic of spin, these have serious bite! I've provided some comedy moments to myself and my partners, as a few times I've backed it up at a serious rate on knots into a bunker at the front of the green etc... One major adjustment I've had to make is to get lots more aggressive with chips/pitches/bunker shots, they bite so much that you have to attack the pin or you'll be a good few yards short.

The customer service is excellent to boot, Terry managed to answer all my questions and put me in touch with his sales rep over here in the UK to hook me up with these clubs. Who also turned out to be a real nice guy.

can someone merge this thread with the other one please

WHOO! Look-see here what was waiting for me when I got home today!

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

First off, obviously they were packed in style, much kudos to that, a great first impression. Out of the box though, they don't disappoint. All day today after seeing the Trusty Rusty thread appear I was wishing I'd ordered the Prime Raw finish so mine would get all rusty, but, satin was a damn fine choice now that they are in hand. These are 50*/55*/60* and are spec'd to 1* flat on their lie angle (my hands are pretty low in my swing) and are also with 2 wraps under the grips and +1/4 for experimentation's sakes (that may not last, actually about 1/2 longer than my previous wedge combo's, but we shall see lol).

DSC_0304.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0307.jpg

Can't wait to get out as soon as possible, hopefully before this weekends re-shaft of the 2.0's.

I bought mine a few weeks ago, and love them. 50, 54, 58 for me in Prime finish. I don't have a great deal of experience using different wedges, but I love these.

Those look sweet JMan!! Hopefully I can see them in person soon!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Congrats sharp looking clubs.

I bought mine a few weeks ago, and love them. 50, 54, 58 for me in Prime finish. I don't have a great deal of experience using different wedges, but I love these.

You've had some good feedback on them and thanks for that, really it was that and One-T that pushed me over the edge for these.

Those look sweet JMan!! Hopefully I can see them in person soon!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I hope so man, I may be down south in a month or so for my wife's residency interviews around Texas, I'll keep ya posted.

Congrats sharp looking clubs.

Thank you sir! The are just so damn good looking in hand its nuts, love me some satin.

Congrats Jman! going to have to get on the horn and some of those myself.

Congrats Jman! going to have to get on the horn and some of those myself.

Thank you sir! Beaus is great to deal with!!!

I hit a bucket of all wedges today on a "range" (place was teeeeeeeerrible, driving range crossed the 10th fairway! What the hell?).

Much impressed with the V-Sole from just range time, I moved around quite a bit and found some hardpan to hit off of as well as the plush stuff. These are going to be a pleasant surprise methinks. Not to sold on the shafts and I think I may take em down a 1/4 inch or so even if i do keep the shafts after a round. SPIN SPIN SPIN baby!

I get mine tomorrow, can't wait!

I hit a bucket of all wedges today on a "range" (place was teeeeeeeerrible, driving range crossed the 10th fairway! What the hell?).

Much impressed with the V-Sole from just range time, I moved around quite a bit and found some hardpan to hit off of as well as the plush stuff. These are going to be a pleasant surprise methinks. Not to sold on the shafts and I think I may take em down a 1/4 inch or so even if i do keep the shafts after a round. SPIN SPIN SPIN baby!

I actually like the shafts in mine. Not sure if they are the right lie angle for me, but I will find that out if I ever get for a fitting. What don't you like about the shafts?

Sounds great man! I kind of want to wait until at least the first testers get their SCOR wedges, but my resistance is slipping.

I actually like the shafts in mine. Not sure if they are the right lie angle for me, but I will find that out if I ever get for a fitting. What don't you like about the shafts?

Its just a feel and kick thing, hard for me to put into words. Like I said though, nothing rash until I get on course, plus this was the first go round.

Back