Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can always pull the tip off and put it back in a normal driver right?

Yup, the TM tips are removable. The thing you'll want to keep in mind though is that usually you tip a shaft half an inch to put the adapter on it. If you decided you didn't like it and stuck it back into the Cleveland, it would play a touch stiff then it was before you had it pulled.

Well I WAS pondering going back to a Cleveland driver, but since I just snagged a mint Tour DST for $80 on eBay I'm no longer pondering..lol. My heart has always belonged to my old trusty Cleveland 400 until my swing started improving & my misses were left rather than right. I started looking for drivers with a slightly open face which led me to the Taylormade TP line. The forgiveness was there...unlike in my 400...but my distance dropped 10-15 yards. TM drivers have never been as long for me as others, but I sucked it up & kept it more in the fairways. Hopefully the DST will get me back to my length and keep it in the short grass as well. We shall see...

*Spin em long*

OFF TOPIC:

Jman what kind of puller do you use?

Velocity Golf, got it when I first got into doing my own work, super heavy duty but my clamp is starting to strip, I really need to invest in a new one like a Roberts or a JB, excellent shaft locking mechs on those.

You'll need new ferrules. But yes.

Yup, you can nab them off the bay cheap if need be. Most makers should have them in store.

Sorry for the b2b posts.

Pondering KBS Hi-Rev's even though I have a set of Spinners in the closet. Not too big on the Genius Shafts that came in my Eidolons, but its early yet.

Played FST Hi-Rev's for a long time, as far as I know these are the same platform but .355t. Kinda liking the sound of being all KBS.

Where is TC when you need him? lol

Adams%20A4R.jpg

Preeeeeetty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are re release a4, only difference is the a4r isn't forged

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

I'm pondering 5 large in THP swag!:devil:

I think the A4R is cast and the A4 is forged. Correct me if I am wrong. Nice irons however they are made.

edit: Matty beat me to it

Like most im always pondering but for me currently im torn between GPS or Laser Rangefinder. Also pondering a 4 iron Hybrid equivalent before I look at new irons to see how I get on with it.

I just ordered the Bushnell hybrid laser GPS because I couldn't decide between the two. Bushnell has a $100 rebate if you buy before 9/7. If you find it on sale the extra 100 made it doable.

Putters, all of them. I want a new one.

Razr Hawk 9.5 Stiff.

Tell me if i should drop the coin.

Right now pondering a Redwood Piper face balanced putter......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I'm always pondering something. lol Golf equipment is getting as bad as electronics, always offering a better deal, just minutes after you purchased yours. lol

Pondering the new R11 irons. Maybe Santa will help me!!

Back to pondering a Ghost Spider putter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back