Nicklaus ML4 Driver - Forum Testing Review

Fo' sho'.

I'd seriously like to give the fairway wood a whirl sometime too, just can't find em!

I know someone who has a ML 3x3 in 15* :D. It's a great club. Shallow profile.. sounds great... and is real sound from any lie. Phenomenal off the deck and tee. I have had good luck with the stock stiff shaft and it's a go to club for me. The Polarity hybrid is sneaky good and is also one of those clubs for me that just flat out works for me. It's paired with the Precision Rifle Black shaft in stiff.

View attachment 3135

Alex

Last edited:
I was told by Tony Pando of Nicklaus golf (always very helpful buy the way) to look for the ML4 fairway wood in early 2012.

I was told by Tony Pando of Nicklaus golf (always very helpful buy the way) to look for the ML4 fairway wood in early 2012.

Great to hear, thanks

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

ML4 Update

I hit 13 of 14 fairways today, on a course I was unfamiliar with. The ML4 continues to be a great performer. I've never had as much confidence in a driver as I have in the ML4. At this juncture I think I'd be afraid to play any other driver.

I've discussed the sound, feel, the traditional look, set up, forgiveness and distance on numerous occasions, and in detail. The ML4 is a well built, solid piece of golf equipment that I'm very pleased to have in my golf bag. I once again thank THP and Nicklaus Golf for the opportunity to test such a fine piece of workmanship.

ML4 Update

I hit 13 of 14 fairways today, on a course I was unfamiliar with. The ML4 continues to be a great performer. I've never had as much confidence in a driver as I have in the ML4. At this juncture I think I'd be afraid to play any other driver.

I've discussed the sound, feel, the traditional look, set up, forgiveness and distance on numerous occasions, and in detail. The ML4 is a well built, solid piece of golf equipment that I'm very pleased to have in my golf bag. I once again thank THP and Nicklaus Golf for the opportunity to test such a fine piece of workmanship.

Sean, buddy. That is incredibly and undoubtedly flat out re-freaking-diculous. Holy hell buddy! The ML4 flat out performs!

Super glad you've got a shaft and head combo that seems to really be grooving. Awesome!!!

ML4 Update

Glad to hear Sean

Sean, buddy. That is incredibly and undoubtedly flat out re-freaking-diculous. Holy hell buddy! The ML4 flat out performs!

Super glad you've got a shaft and head combo that seems to really be grooving. Awesome!!!
Thanks Jman! I used to tee up the ball and have no idea where it would end up. Now it's an entirely different story. :) On a side note I'm really liking that Launcher FL fairway!

Glad to hear Sean

Thanks Matty! [Hawk hunter? lol]

Thanks Jman! I used to tee up the ball and have no idea where it would end up. Now it's an entirely different story. :) On a side note I'm really liking that Launcher FL fairway!

I know exactly what you mean, my swing may not have improved as much as my confidence has with this one, just always feel good stepping up to the tee.

(I knew you'd dig it, fits well with the ML4, super easy to hit too, no hard swings, just let it work)

I know exactly what you mean, my swing may not have improved as much as my confidence has with this one, just always feel good stepping up to the tee.

(I knew you'd dig it, fits well with the ML4, super easy to hit too, no hard swings, just let it work)

Have I mentioned that when we get together (you, me, Bridges) that I would like to hit this? Yes, I just invited myself. :D

Been very impressed with the testing on this thus far and need to hit it!!

Have I mentioned that when we get together (you, me, Bridges) that I would like to hit this? Yes, I just invited myself. :D

Been very impressed with the testing on this thus far and need to hit it!!

Its a deal my friend.

Thank you for the compliments on the testing, I think its safe to say all three of us have enjoyed it thusfar as well.

I really want to hit this one as well, it sounds like a heck of a driver, well done fellas

I really want to hit this one as well, it sounds like a heck of a driver, well done fellas

Come to Delaware I'd gladly let you hit mine

wish I could dude, I bet it or a new version will be at demo day

Won't be a new version, but I bet you fo sho get to hit this bad boy at demo day.

ML4 Update

Awesome! Totally awesome Sean!! My XL 270 is good, but I haven't had 13 out of 14, you guys really make me want to experience the ML4 goodness first hand. I may be in North TX, around December, maybe one of you guys would be close enough for me, to meet with, and give this a rip or twelve. I'll bring the Boccieri 3w, so one you can enjoy the heavy 3w goodness as well.

Awesome! Totally awesome Sean!! My XL 270 is good, but I haven't had 13 out of 14, you guys really make me want to experience the ML4 goodness first hand. I may be in North TX, around December, maybe one of you guys would be close enough for me, to meet with, and give this a rip or twelve. I'll bring the Boccieri 3w, so one you can enjoy the heavy 3w goodness as well.

I'm in Delaware, ill send you my ml4 to try and you send me your xl 270 lol

With all of the positive talk surrounding Miyazaki shafts.. I wonder what this head would be like with these shafts.

Alex

With all of the positive talk surrounding Miyazaki shafts.. I wonder what this head would be like with these shafts.

Alex

If I had $250 I'd let you know

+1 It really does sound amazing. Would love to test this puppy out

I might be ordering a head soon... if I don't order the assembled driver. Yeah the Miyazaki shaft offerings are a little pricey... wonder what an Ozik XCon
would do.

Alex

You can get a Cleveland driver with the Miyazaki for $297, you never know, you might not even need to replace the head. lol

I'm in Delaware, ill send you my ml4 to try and you send me your xl 270 lol

haha I don't know man, it seems you have have experienced much of the c. kua goodness already, you might have an agenda. lol

haha I don't know man, it seems you have have experienced much of the c. kua goodness already, you might have an agenda. lol

Lol I only have 2 clubs with it :) . Is just wanna see how the light driver would perform ha

Lol I only have 2 clubs with it :) . Is just wanna see how the light driver would perform ha

It performs fantastic, if I remember I don't have to try to kill it. lol

Back