Any comments on my ugly swing

paintitblack85

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi folks

just started with golf about 2 month ago and had about 4 pro lessons so far. right now in the winter the only thing i can do is to practice on the driving range. i hit mi 7 iron not between 110 and 130 yards. pretty bad i know ;). today i tried to record a video from my swing with an old camera. i know the quality is pretty bad. i have to buy a new camera ;) but maybe you have some comments on my swing. on the video i hit a wilson di11 PW.

For 2 months into golf it is actually pretty good. It may be the camera angle but it looks like you are slightly back on your heels, I do know that you move your head forward a good deal and the weight back as you begin the swing may be the cause. It also appears that you straighten the right leg on the back swing causing you to rise up some.
You need to get Tadashi to look at it, he has a great eye for the golf swing and can explain what he sees and what you need to do to get better, PM him and get his thoughts.

No other comments? i know it's an ugly swing ;)

I saw some of the same things that DD did but if you want some professional feedback post your video over in the golftec section and they will offer you some feedback and some drills to work on.

Oh and your swing really doesnt look that bad, Ive seen much worse.

I saw some of the same things that DD did but if you want some professional feedback post your video over in the golftec section and they will offer you some feedback and some drills to work on.

Hey guys thanks a lot for your help. I'll try to upload a better video soon.

I knew I felt your prying eyes last time I was on the range. What were you doing in Alabama?

You have a very quick tempoed swing. That is not a bad thing, as I have the same, but if there's one thing I have learned it is that you have to know how to control it. Otherwise the ball will go in directions you didn't know existed. Overall, pretty good for a real beginner. Keep up the good work!

Back