Greetings from Finland

Castor Hades

Reaction score
Handicap
6.7 EGA
Hi all!

Greetings from the cold north. I'm a newcomer to this forum, albeit I've been reading this forum for a while. It's been a great read, and I figured that maybe I'll try to give my input to some interesting topics. Me and golf then? I started golf sometime in 2001/2002, and played for a couple of years, maybe 20 rounds per year. Then I started studying, sold my car, and tried to save money, and therefore golf was fading away. My handicap was about 25 that time. After 6-7 years I got back, and it feels so good! 2010, my first year after the long hiatus, I played approx. 50 rounds, with a handicap of 18 I got to 2011. I played last summer from may-september, about 80 rounds. 9 of them in Florida (very nice!!). My handicap got as low as 12. I'm super excited about the coming season, especially as I just ordered a small x-mas present for myself; Bettinardi BB-1 2010 putter, and a rangefinder Bushnell V2.

2012 will be a very interesting year because I've now started for the first time seing a pro, not just for the one time, but we made a deal that lasts for the whole year. Simulator sessions, practice sessions, full rounds on the course, physics training etc. We are planning to get my swing flowing more smoothly and to get more precision. Maybe even a couple of inches more length :) I've never had any lessons before, and now after a few sessions I'm really excited to see how I learn and discover new things about my swing and about swings in general.

Another reason why the future will be very interesting is that I'm moving my family (wife & newborn) from the city to a new house with a garage (practice net!!) and a 500 m[SUP]2 [/SUP]backyard. A small putting green and a bunker are being planned, and I already got a friend who works at one of the best courses in Finland to help with the planning and how to execute the plans.

Also, apparently the 2011 Miami trip is an annual thing, so we're heading to FL in october 2012 again!

If you didn't want to read the above:
Male, 32'ish, HCP abt. 12, lives in Finland, likes golf as hell.

Well, thats a small introduction about me, and I hope my writing was not totally incomprehensible.

Thanks,

//C

Welcome to the forum!

Tappin' from my iPad!

welcome to THP C H, nice introduction there buddy.

Welcome! Enjoyed reading your introduction.

Steel Tappin'

Welcome welcome welcome!!

I joined yesterday, so I'm new as well. Seems a very friendly place.

Welcome Castor Hades! I like the avatar pic, and also I know you'll like the new Bushnell. It helps!

Welcome aboard

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Welcome to THP

Welcome aboard

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP buddy. I really like your country. In fact, it's one of my favorite places I've ever been. It's beautiful. Interesting cuisine and good beers.

Nice to meet you!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome Castor Hades! I like the avatar pic, and also I know you'll like the new Bushnell. It helps!

Thanks! I actually tried to link the avatar pic as a wallpaper as a bonus, but I can't link anything yet according to the forum restrictions, but maybe I'll get it done later if anyone is interested!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Terve! and Welcome to THP!!

Welcome Castor ... glad to have you here.

Welcome aboard & :welcome:

welcome to THP

welcome to THP How long is your season?

Back