Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

And the reveal happens. Good stuff, I'm currently gaming the rx tours and they are a great ball, I'm still undecided on my long term option but may try the normal rx for comparison after all the feedback here. Thanks to all the reviewers and of course bridgestone and thp for setting it up.
Sent on the move..

great job testers!!! this was a great experiment! fun following the thread and finding out what ball it was... i have been messing around with the bridgestones and ive been pleased.

Very cool that bridgestone keeps bringing it! Very cool test.

I´m going to have a lot of fun rereading in this thread now that I know which ball it is. Have played all the different B330 balls and really like the S and RXS. Didn´t hit the RX as good as the others for some reason.

Just jumping into this thread so haven't read it all. Will Bridgestone be taking any data from this experiment? Seems like they could use it in marketing/research.

Sweet! I must confess that I can't explain why I was getting a little distance than before with this ball, maybe its the lessons. From the outset I thought it was a Bstone ball, the 330 dimple count confirmed it. It's a great ball, played my last remaining blind ball today for a few holes alongside the qstar.

Thank you so much thp and bridgestone for putting a great product in our hands, and letting the results speak for themselves.

Edit: ever mo' betta is the fact that they come in yellow :)
--
tapatalk

you've got some ball pondering to do now between these and the Cally's

What I like is that there is a ball out there like this for a guy like me. I like a little spin around the greens, but I also like a ball that feels good off the driver and that I can hit as far as possible with my swing. It's a great match for me.

you've got some ball pondering to do now between these and the Cally's

In the end, the RX is 100% my ball. However, I like to have a dozen cheaper balls on the side for when I'm hitting the ball poorly or just want to try something else.

Sweet! I must confess that I can't explain why I was getting a little distance than before with this ball, maybe its the lessons. From the outset I thought it was a Bstone ball, the 330 dimple count confirmed it. It's a great ball, played my last remaining blind ball today for a few holes alongside the qstar.

Thank you so much thp and bridgestone for putting a great product in our hands, and letting the results speak for themselves.

--
tapatalk

Just glad I had my count right. Had worried that I missed a dimple or two, but glad I hit the # right.

Just glad I had my count right. Had worried that I missed a dimple or two, but glad I hit the # right.

Lol yeah me too, after I played it and got on the monitor I knew that had to be it. So I looked up all the 330 count balls on the market, Can't explain the distance gains at all though.

--
tapatalk

Lol yeah me too, after I played it and got on the monitor I knew that had to be it. So I looked up all the 330 count balls on the market, Can't explain the distance gains at all though.

--
tapatalk

It's all mental. Now that I know what this ball is, I will go back to my regularly scheduled slicing of the ball.

Cool. I wonder if I would have been able to tell since the B330-RX is my normal ball and has been for 6+ months now? Would a regular used be able to tell the blind ball was the same he was comparing it against?
I know that it did not dawn on me that the test ball was my beloved RX, but if you read my reviews I knew it was a premium ball.
I think if you read through this thread, you will see an answer to that question.
I know I placed the performance green side as comparable to the RX and the Penta, and also stated that there was no break in period with the putter, I was surprised that the ball putted exactly like the RX (do you think that should have given me a clue?) I just felt that the test ball was 1/2 club longer with the irons and checked up a tad quicker than my RX. Blind testing is awesome and I really enjoyed this opportunity.
And the reveal happens. Good stuff, I'm currently gaming the rx tours and they are a great ball, I'm still undecided on my long term option but may try the normal rx for comparison after all the feedback here. Thanks to all the reviewers and of course bridgestone and thp for setting it up.
Sent on the move..
I thought all of the Bridgestone B-330 balls have the word Tour on the box, I don't recall ever seeing any RX's without Tour on the box.

--
tapatalk
I am like you Danny, I did just finish a series of 4 lessons and it may be that I am striking the ball a little better, but I certainly was seeing 1/2 club more distance with the irons.

I want to thank Bridgestone and THP for this awesome opportunity to blind test this ball, I can definitely say I will use the RX, I have been using it for the past 2 years. hehe

Interesting stuff!

Just went to the Bridgestone site and did their only fitting - the result:

View attachment 3124

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never hit a Bridgestone but maybe I should get fitted for one and see if it works as well as it did for most on here

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I just caved and went and bought a dozen Tour B330 RX, ahhhh spending money when money is tight, golf is evil i tell ya lol

That was awesome . Bridgestone makes great balls

It's all mental. Now that I know what this ball is, I will go back to my regularly scheduled slicing of the ball.

:rofl: yeah now there is not a limited supply of them, I'll probably be spraying them all over the course!

Interesting. I had it for a srixon but the 330RX makes sense now haha

." I try to explain to them that yes a ProV might be the best ball if you swing 120 miles and hour and can back up a wedge 15 feet.

I can't do that, but still like the ProV offering. It's such a misnomer to rate your ball based on swing speed alone and this unmarked ball tends to prove that. Hit them all and settle with what fits based on results, not what someone tries to convence you SHOULD be right. The B330-RX fits me well because I love the feel and performance, but swing speed is optional.

I just caved and went and bought a dozen Tour B330 RX, ahhhh spending money when money is tight, golf is evil i tell ya lol

I Don't think you're the only one here that feels this way. +1

---

I Don't think you're the only one here that feels this way. +1

---

lol i know im not, im good on balls for the rest of the year though, i have a dozen 330RX, dozen and a half Zstars, dozen tour iZ, and a dozen Qstar that will be here monday lol. Ahhh and 6 pentas from the penta giveaway. Cant wait to get the RX on the course in the morning

So I spent all day at the Futures Tour event in Vidalia, GA and missed the reveal. All I have to say is, wtf am I going to do with a few dozen Diablo Tours?!?!
Thanks Bridgestone and THP!!! I'll probably switch, even if I have to buy 'found'.

And speaking of the Futures event today...who is that with the fluffy guy??
Spoiler
Carling!!! YAY my year in golf is now complete. Only thing better would be an ace.
IMG_20110826_141804.jpg
PS Way hotter in person.

So I spent all day at the Futures Tour event in Vidalia, GA and missed the reveal. All I have to say is, wtf am I going to do with a few dozen Diablo Tours?!?!
Thanks Bridgestone and THP!!! I'll probably switch, even if I have to buy 'found'.

Spoiler
Carling!!! YAY my year in golf is now complete. Only thing better would be an ace.
IMG_20110826_141804.jpg
PS Way hotter in person.

Hey get your hands off my wife:D

Excellent reveal. Always liked the BStones (specifically the RXS and the S) I still have some of the test balls to play around with so I'll be gaming those to get the feel of them. I'll also compare them to the RXS's that I liked so much. Nice one and thanks to Bridgestone for letting us write up about these.

Spoiler
IMG_20110826_141804.jpg
PS Way hotter in person.

Nice pic buddy, did you get to see a birdie dance?

The B330RX. LOL... figures. That ball was recommended to me earlier in the year... I balked. Last year at Golf Town Bridgestone was there and they did a ball fitting. Yep.. B 330 RX won over the ProV1 that I have used for a while. Never did try the RX but that will officially change. Everything that was described in the blind testing is what I'm looking for in a ball.

Alex

Back