Callaway UPro MX GPS

I just read the small print...refunds only for devices bought from authorized dealers and receipts are needed. I had a friend get me mine from his cally rep and I bought the accessories off of ebay. Hopefully they get everything working soon and lift the recall.

DirtyDawg, Callaway FAQ said no receipt needed:
Q: Is a receipt or other proof of purchase necessary to return the upro mx golf GPS device and related purchases?
A: Including the receipt(s) in the return kit for the upro mx device, accessories and course packages is preferred, but not required.

Well, I guess I am stuck with the accessories I bought, but maybe my buddy can help me out with the actual device. I may just hang onto everything for a little while and see if any progress is made.

You might be able to deal them to a THPer that is keeping their unit... Tough break man.

DirtyDawg, Callaway FAQ said no receipt needed:
Q: Is a receipt or other proof of purchase necessary to return the upro mx golf GPS device and related purchases?
A: Including the receipt(s) in the return kit for the upro mx device, accessories and course packages is preferred, but not required.

Thanks for posting this!

I didn't post this earlier, but I was actually interesting in the Upro mx because my original Upro has started to act up in the past 2 weeks, restarting itself multiple times and then getting hung up in the bootup process. Now that the Upro mx is getting recalled, I'm going to stay away from that unit, may start looking into the Skycaddie SGX.

I agree, I'll go back to using the different apps on my phone, as much as I hate using it, those apps werent really that different than anything on the Upro
Yup, I have never had an issue with my hand held Garmin GolfLogix GPS-8. Not fancy but it worked from day 1.

I didn't post this earlier, but I was actually interesting in the Upro mx because my original Upro has started to act up in the past 2 weeks, restarting itself multiple times and then getting hung up in the bootup process. Now that the Upro mx is getting recalled, I'm going to stay away from that unit, may start looking into the Skycaddie SGX.

That's the route I ended up going and am very happy.

Wow didnt see a recall coming! That's pretty crazy. If I was in the market for irons or something i might take the $300...

Guess i return it, since they won't be fixing the problems anytime soon....

Buy one again when they fix it...crazy story

That's the route I ended up going and am very happy.

Same here.. I think the SGX is definitely comparable if not better in functionality.. As long as you can get over the yearly fee.

Wow didnt see a recall coming! That's pretty crazy. If I was in the market for irons or something i might take the $300...

Guess i return it, since they won't be fixing the problems anytime soon....

the way I read it is that its up to $300 right? so if you were one that bought one from my pro shop for $250 when they were selling them, then they would reimburse you above the standard $212 right?

LOL Yep. I like it. But I like the refund offer more. I started looking at Android apps after I bought the MX and a couple can do the same thing. I already had a GolfGuru anyway, which there was nothing wrong with, it just didn't do the cool 'anypoint' thing, which I love.

I don't know....I might be torn.

I'm glad Callaway is doing this recall.. This unit clearly did not meet Callaway's standard of producing great products. I will be returning mine. Maybe I will give it another try when they reintroduce the unit.

I'm not suprised that this issue happened, especially seeing how they had numerous issues with their website and downloads at release. Technology is such a fickle product to sell. I hope everyone gets a full refund for their GPS.

As most of you know Callaway is offering a refund for this device. I was just given this information, which I believe most already have, regarding the reimbursement policy.

Callaway has created a return and reimbursement program for those customers who are unsatisfied with the device. This program will allow U.S. and Canadian customers to return the device for a refund of the MSRP (plus tax) or a Callaway gift card. We apologize to those who have experienced technical challenges, and we are working diligently on a software update to improve the experience.. For those who are enjoying the upro mx device, it’s important to note that we will continue to fully support the product while we work on the software update.

Those interested in reimbursement can visit: http://www.callawayrefund.com/

For more information about this, please visit our online FAQ here:
http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/en-us/articles/2011/frequentlyaskedquestions.html

Makes me really happy I followed my gut when I bought my GPS in June.

Hmmm... NOt sure what to do here. Mine is functioning pretty well. I'm just scared of how bare bones their continued support will be. I guess I will mull it over for a few weeks and make a decision before the deadline.

Hmmm... NOt sure what to do here. Mine is functioning pretty well. I'm just scared of how bare bones their continued support will be. I guess I will mull it over for a few weeks and make a decision before the deadline.

I personally would get my $$$ back. It's ashame this product had so many problems because it promised really cool features. I'd go back to drawing board for a new GPS device.

just got the official email from callaway offering the refund

just got the official email from callaway offering the refund

Did you have an official purchase receipt? I got mine off ebay but would like to return it for a callaway refund and get one of their rangefinders.

Did you have an official purchase receipt? I got mine off ebay but would like to return it for a callaway refund and get one of their rangefinders.

OK so i just called callaway and they said they would prefer a receipt but it isn't required. I opted for the $300 callaway gift card. They said they will mail the return package to me then in 2-4 weeks i'll be emailed the card. Lady was very nice and very helpful in my only call ever to callaway. I must say i enjoyed this device didn't have any problems but after hearing them all i rather have just a rangefinder were it is more likely to be accurate plus it's simply point and shoot and get your yardage.

mine totally works for what i need it to do for me lol
i think ill wait till the last second before returning mine

mine totally works for what i need it to do for me lol
i think ill wait till the last second before returning mine

Tough decision, but I think I'll trust Callaway to be true to their word and eventually get this working, and keep it. Mine does what it needs to do for now, and I don't think I want to "break in" another GPS. Plus I love the size (big reason I got it -- love that it slips in my pocket). If I could get the $300 straight up I'd probably take the offer and get a different GPS (Garmin G3?), but I don't need $300 worth of other Callaway products in the near future.

OK so i just called callaway and they said they would prefer a receipt but it isn't required. I opted for the $300 callaway gift card. They said they will mail the return package to me then in 2-4 weeks i'll be emailed the card. Lady was very nice and very helpful in my only call ever to callaway. I must say i enjoyed this device didn't have any problems but after hearing them all i rather have just a rangefinder were it is more likely to be accurate plus it's simply point and shoot and get your yardage.

awesome to hear, I'll probably just take the cash and put it towards my recent iron purchase, not a callaway guy when it comes to clubs and lord knows I dont need to buy anything else

awesome to hear, I'll probably just take the cash and put it towards my recent iron purchase, not a callaway guy when it comes to clubs and lord knows I dont need to buy anything else

Dude try the razor x tours- they are an awesome iron

Gotcha. I didn;t realize you paid for it up front. hopefully they get your credit through soon.

Update -- just checked my credit card, the $59.99 for the unlimited promode was refunded on Monday. Glad I got it before they ran out of money with all the returns:whew:

Back