TaylorMade Launches R11 Irons

I don't see the back of a club at address, the main thing to me is top line. I prefer a really thin one... My mach speeds gives me fits right now.

The new grooves I think look amazing and looking down at them is confidence boosting IMO

The back of a club is there to create forgiveness, so whatever it does I feel confident it helps my game from the background

It may just be the picture but these toplines look a lil big.

Man these irons look fantastic and just so hittable (is that a word???). I'm gonna have to steal a few swings from you CG. Wow.

I don't see the back of a club at address, the main thing to me is top line. I prefer a really thin one... My mach speeds gives me fits right now.

The new grooves I think look amazing and looking down at them is confidence boosting IMO

The back of a club is there to create forgiveness, so whatever it does I feel confident it helps my game from the background

That was the first thing that stuck out to me, it looks quite a bit bigger than the TP CBs.

That was the first thing that stuck out to me, it looks quite a bit bigger than the TP CBs.

They are bigger. I mean if someone wanted a thinner sole and topline, wouldnt they just look at the TP line?
They fall right in between CBs and 2.0s.

They are bigger. I mean if someone wanted a thinner sole and topline, wouldnt they just look at the TP line?
They fall right in between CBs and 2.0s.

I'd believe the topline of the R11's is about identical in size to the of the topline of the CB's.

I'd believe the topline of the R11's is about identical in size to the of the topline of the CB's.

It is thicker in my opinion. I dont have specs, but based on eyeballing it.

It is thicker in my opinion. I dont have specs, but based on eyeballing it.

We need specifications.

It looks a bit thicker to me as well. JB, is the overall width of the face wider than the CB's as well, more like the 2.0's?

It looks a bit thicker to me as well. JB, is the overall width of the face wider than the CB's as well, more like the 2.0's?

I think it is slightly. Its definitely a mix of CB and 2.0.

No, it will put you in a tie with thechosen1 and mattycrack, ha!

You want these irons don't you?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

:D Atleast I'm not the only one here that is a Fowler fan

I think it is slightly. Its definitely a mix of CB and 2.0.

Thanks. I find the top line of the CB's to be fairly large compared to the face width. So I was wondering if the top line of the R11's is legibility larger, or if it was more a perceived larger top line because of the face size.

If that makes any sense to anyone else?

When is the release date for the R11 irons?

I really like the look of the red and the overall look of the irons.

I really like the look of this iron. With my 2.0's, the distance is out of site but in my opinion, it is to far. If I hit a solid shot, I usually go past my distance, especially with the wedges. If these clubs fly a little shorter but are more consistent in distance, that would be great. Is there less offset on these clubs than the 2.0's?

Having played the R9s for some time now, I am definitely interested in how these perform, including the analysis and videos by some of those playing in the Morgan Cup. Cannot wait!!!

I am also anxiously awaiting the reviews, what makes these superior to the R9s?

I am also anxiously awaiting the reviews, what makes these superior to the R9s?

They have an "11" after the R.

Ouch!!!! I should have known it's newer. The golf industry is starting to remind me of the auto industry with new model years and minus the bail outs.

Seriously I am interested to hear people’s opinions who have gammed the R9s, I really like my irons from 6-pw. I am not very successful with the 4 or 5 iron and found the AW rather clunky. They also both have the KBS 90 shafts.

Ouch!!!! I should have known it's newer. The golf industry is starting to remind me of the auto industry with new model years and minus the bail outs.

Seriously I am interested to hear people’s opinions who have gammed the R9s, I really like my irons from 6-pw. I am not very successful with the 4 or 5 iron and found the AW rather clunky. They also both have the KBS 90 shafts.

the AW clunky? Man I count on that club from 125 and in. That is actually my 100 yard club. Love it!

I'm in love with this set of irons... I need irons SO bad....!

Man I can't wait to hit these... It's hard to practice at the range when you know you'll have a new set of irons in just a few days.

Back