What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Vince! Honestly it was anticlimactic since I knew how many strokes I left out there with the penalties. Still, i finally did it!

I tried to do that to myself the other day. Just relish in it dude.

I tried to do that to myself the other day. Just relish in it dude.

Yep, thats what I'm trying to do now. The competitor in me just wants more, thats not a bad thing though, just need to focus on the fact that I had a blast on the course.

Thanks Vince! Honestly it was anticlimactic since I knew how many strokes I left out there with the penalties. Still, i finally did it!

Nice job buddy, guess I should put in some practice before we hook up for a round, lol. Does Duey get the Huey?

Tap,Tap,Tap

Nice job buddy, guess I should put in some practice before we hook up for a round, lol. Does Duey get the Huey?

Tap,Tap,Tap

If you don't mind us sharing a putter, sure! This thing is amazing as far as alignment goes, and its that Anvil Ming feel and sound x100. lol

Thanks buddy! (P.S. Wife is going to apply to residency up your way, it made her 10 state short list LOL)

Shot a 42 from the tips today. 6 Bogeys and 3 pars with 17 putts several of which were close. I am starting to get used to these bent greens. I had several wedges into par 4 greens after my drive, but I just could not get them close to convert the birdie. I constantly push my full wedge shots. I think it is an alignment issue from 120 to 60 yards. I get better once I am hitting half wedges and such. Felt good to shoot half way decent golf. If I could get my putting down to where it is supposed to be, I will be shooting some decent numbers.

Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

Shot a 42 from the tips today. 6 Bogeys and 3 pars with 17 putts several of which were close. I am starting to get used to these bent greens. I had several wedges into par 4 greens after my drive, but I just could not get them close to convert the birdie. I constantly push my full wedge shots. I think it is an alignment issue from 120 to 60 yards. I get better once I am hitting half wedges and such. Felt good to shoot half way decent golf. If I could get my putting down to where it is supposed to be, I will be shooting some decent numbers.

Nice shooting SethO!

If you don't mind us sharing a putter, sure! This thing is amazing as far as alignment goes, and its that Anvil Ming feel and sound x100. lol

Thanks buddy! (P.S. Wife is going to apply to residency up your way, it made her 10 state short list LOL)

Keep us in touch, Liz and I can help if needed. Long winters, hot summers up here lol. "Anvil Ming feel and sound x100", now that says something.

Ugh played 9 at work league today... we were rained on for 4 holes and I shot a 49. Had a couple nice approach shots leaving me with 3 GIR and 2 legit birdie chances. I had zero birdies in the end and one 3 putt.

I still won my match, but only because my opponent played pretty poorly too. It came down to the last hole which I won outright.

Was 2 over on the front, parred 10, played thu a foursome on 11, birdied 12 and 13.... then the rain came in hard. I was even and had to quit. Crap!! Or Yay!!
My game is as good as its ever been and Im throwing darts in right now. Im sure it will change, but man its fun right now.

Flew into Asheville, NC today and while waiting on a friend to get off work I played a fun little course. 43/48, didn't know the course so I put myself in some bad spots quite a few times, but overall not too bad.

Had my best day hitting irons in a long, long time, and only 1 3 putt.

Playing 36 tomorrow so its off to bed.

--
tapatalk

I shot 87 yesterday from the Championship tees. Driving was horrifying. Only hit 5 fairways. 3 of them were with a wood. The result was me only hitting 5 GIRs. However, I brought out my inner Seve. Played some fantastic iron shots to even get it close to the green. Was very happy with my ball striking. Only had 29 putts. Only had really one horror hole which was a Par 3 I triple bogeyed. Finished in the dark. The way Ive been playing over here and the fact I've lost my swing, I cant figure out why I hit a terrible cut (Well I kinda know but Im not 100% sure) and I cant go and practice 5-6 times a week like I can in the states.

Overall, I've had fun while in England. Havent played my best at all. Actually far from it. But Im happy to get back to America next week and get started on getting my swing back and shooting 70's again.

Saturday Jul 30 0730 tee time shotgun start 76 degrees warming to 94 - hot and humid!
Pine View / Island View

7 par 5 4
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 5

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 5
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 5
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 2
7 par 5 6
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 5

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 4
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3

Island 39 Pine 37 - 76

A mixed bag in this round. I open with a big drive and a 5I from 190 to about 15 feet for eagle, but kinda lag the effort up 6" short. After a par I bogey 4 of my next 5 holes because of three poor tee shots sandwiched around a missed par putt of 2.5 feet. But, a surprise birdie falls from 30 feet on the island green, and I realize that after 9 holes I am standing +2 and have some scoring holes ahead. I went for the next hole in two but dunked my approach from 230 - I made a great recovery to 5 feet but just didn't quite hit my par saving putt firmly enough. After a couple more pars, I failed twice in a row to convert what should have been routinely easy up-and-ins, and suddenly that carnage put me at +5. Then I hit it in the trees at the par 5 Pine #3 - I chose the 150 stake for a target for my punch out - and hit it! Then from that 150 I took my 9I and absolutely bladed it - it flew a foot high for 80-90 yards and ran onto the green, and stopped 15 feet from the hole - of course I canned that putt for probably the ugliest birdie of the year. At my next to last hole I hit iron shot of the day, a drawing AW from 115 to 5 feet below the hole - but missed the putt. However, at the last I left my approach putt an awful 6 feet short, but knocked down that putt for par and a +4 76.

played Ole stone wall yesterday from the tips aprox 7100 yds. Solid day hit 10 fairways 13 GIR , seems like the putter is cooling off a little 30 putts , carded a 78 , I need to stop burning the edges of the cup , i am close to shooting par just need the ball to drop ugh!!!. Well any way had a fun round with some ole buddies havent seen in a while it was nice taking there $

I played Victoria Golf Course in Edmonton AB yesterday and shot a 123. I have in been shooting in between 110 and 120 for the past few rounds, so this was a pretty bad score for me. I played as a single and was paired up with threesome. The threesome was a total gong show, so I ended up having some drinks with them which is likely the main reason for my poor score. I think I have a two beer limit on the course before my game starts to go down hill. My front nine score wasnt the best, but was far better than the back nine after 5 beers.

37-41 78 another day of horrible putting...and pretty hot out there as well.

Played my home courses' front 9 this morning with a friend. Par 37, shot 40. Highlights: an epic fail of a flop shot that got over a bunker by 3" and resulted in a birdie on 9, and a punch shot that may not have even left the ground more than a foot on 1.

Over a year of legitimately trying to break 80 and after finally doing it yesterday with the 78 I managed to do it the very next day with a 79, albeit on a par 71...its still breaking 80!

39(+4)/40(+4) = 79

12 Par's
4 Bogey's
2 Doubles

9 GIR's
9/14 Fairways Hit
33 Putts

Majorly impressed I managed to break 80 with two penalties OB off the tee for doubles and NO birdies all day. Did legitimately lip out 4 birdie putts from 15 and in though, once I'm fully acquainted with the Huey...watch out!!

Over a year of legitimately trying to break 80 and after finally doing it yesterday with the 78 I managed to do it the very next day with a 79, albeit on a par 71...its still breaking 80!

39(+4)/40(+4) = 79

12 Par's
4 Bogey's
2 Doubles

9 GIR's
9/14 Fairways Hit
33 Putts

Majorly impressed I managed to break 80 with two penalties OB off the tee for doubles and NO birdies all day. Did legitimately lip out 4 birdie putts from 15 and in though, once I'm fully acquainted with the Huey...watch out!!

It certainly is breaking 80, congrats on 2 great rounds.

Wow, great job Jman and darn right that's breaking 80.

Tougher day for me, but fun anyway. Headed out early to beat the heat and everyone else had the same idea. Ended up playing with two college professor's. I shot 40 on the front with 17 putt, should have been much lower for both. Back nine was worst with a 43 and another 17 putt.

Tap,Tap,Tap

It certainly is breaking 80, congrats on 2 great rounds.

Wow, great job Jman and darn right that's breaking 80.

Tougher day for me, but fun anyway. Headed out early to beat the heat and everyone else had the same idea. Ended up playing with two college professor's. I shot 40 on the front with 17 putt, should have been much lower for both. Back nine was worst with a 43 and another 17 putt.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Thanks gents! It really does feel amazing to know I finally accomplished a major goal. But I'm telling you, if I can get the lips out birdies over the last couple rounds to drop, look out because i really feel like I can put up a score.

great job jman... i wish my game was going in the direction yours is hahaha

today was brutal
49/49
course was packed to the gills and i was paired with some tourists... holy cow these guys have never played ready golf ever in their lives and they were old lol
i guess they were so used to 6hr rounds where ever they play cuz we kept falling behind
they were really nice so it was tough for me to keep reminding them that maybe we should let the groupS behind us thru or to play faster
they had the "screw them we paid as much as they did if not more" attitude
by the time we got to the back we were so far behind that it was wide open... i couldnt take it anymore cuz i had to pick up my gf so i told them i had to leave and skipped a hole but by then it was too late... every other shot was a duff... no wait... every shot was a duff
frustrating
i only hit 1 drive over 200 today... a whopping 226

39(+4)/40(+4) = 79

12 Par's
4 Bogey's
2 Doubles

9 GIR's
9/14 Fairways Hit
33 Putts

Jman -- Proud of ya buddy :clapp:!!!! Keep up the good golfing :thumb:

39(+4)/40(+4) = 79

12 Par's
4 Bogey's
2 Doubles

9 GIR's
9/14 Fairways Hit
33 Putts

Huge congrats bro! That is 2 good days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back