Callaway Metal Woods - Morgan Cup Staff

OEM and One-T,
You two have played with me multiple rounds now and have seen me hit a large number of drivers. You know my favorite driver at the moment. Can either of you compare the RAZR to it from a teeing stand point and ball flight stand point as well as what I should be expecting?

Im not going to get a lot of prep time in with it at all, so hopefully you guys can assist.

I honestly think this driver "feels" a lot like your current one. I also think it sounds a lot like it. I know you love the shaft in your current driver so oI think this driver with your current shaft and you will not see too many differences. I still think you have to tee this sucker low. I like the alignment aid on the Hawk. I personally think you will like this driver

I honestly think this driver "feels" a lot like your current one. I also think it sounds a lot like it. I know you love the shaft in your current driver so oI think this driver with your current shaft and you will not see too many differences. I still think you have to tee this sucker low. I like the alignment aid on the Hawk. I personally think you will like this driver

Thank you so much. Not sure I will have the reshaft option on this one as it may not get here in time to do that, but I will consider it if possible.

One thing I really like about the Octane fairways is that they appear to be a bit more traditional looking than previous Diablo woods. I like the shallow-ish face too.

I love the Octane Tour Hawk. It even has a more traditional hosel and sets up for easy pickins on the fairway shots. More people should look at this one too. The stock shaft is a tad more stout than the non tour and it's just a rocket launcher. Extremely forgiving too.

One thing I really like about the Octane fairways is that they appear to be a bit more traditional looking than previous Diablo woods. I like the shallow-ish face too.

Thank you so much. Not sure I will have the reshaft option on this one as it may not get here in time to do that, but I will consider it if possible.

your welcome

JB I think you will like the Hawk too. Agree with One-T on the sound and feel as well. I think the big question will be the shaft. They have very different shafts and I think you will see a higher ball flight with the stock shaft in the Hawk. Not sure if that would be bad or good but I do think it will be higher. And I with the shallow face teeing lower is a must, so no brush tees. haha

You think so? Is the Razr Hawk Tour stock shaft and head that different? I see a lower ballflight with mine. If JB needs a lower flight I'd think the Razr Hawk Tour would be an answer and not really have any tinkering to do. I'm just thinking out loud and not arguing.

JB I think you will like the Hawk too. Agree with One-T on the sound and feel as well. I think the big question will be the shaft. They have very different shafts and I think you will see a higher ball flight with the stock shaft in the Hawk. Not sure if that would be bad or good but I do think it will be higher. And I with the shallow face teeing lower is a must, so no brush tees. haha

You think so? Is the Razr Hawk Tour stock shaft and head that different? I see a lower ballflight with mine. If JB needs a lower flight I'd think the Razr Hawk Tour would be an answer and not really have any tinkering to do. I'm just thinking out loud and not arguing.

What shaft is in the Tour again? Is it the RIP or something else I forget?

What shaft is in the Tour again? Is it the RIP or something else I forget?

It is the RIP shaft, but it's the Tour RIP shaft.

JB, I think you should rock the Razr Hawk for sure buddy.

They both have the RIP shaft but the RAZR Hawk Tour has the "Tour" shaft whatever that means. I would assume its a lower torque and a little heavier but I really don't know.

It says same weight and everything else.

They both have the RIP shaft but the RAZR Hawk Tour has the "Tour" shaft whatever that means. I would assume its a lower torque and a little heavier but I really don't know.

Just was thinking out loud, OEM had said higher ballflight so I was curious. I don't know what JB should game.

It is the RIP shaft, but it's the Tour RIP shaft.

JB, I think you should rock the Razr Hawk for sure buddy.

Yah but it says Tour so it must be better. If only it were forged. :alien:

exactly why it's in my bag, man

It seems like Jrod is the exception, but is every one else going stock on their Cally woods/hybrids? Just curious as I know most of the TM guys ended up doing a whole mess of different shafts

I should probably swap them out lol. I have an Attas T2 waiting to go in, I was just really shocked how well the stock shaft worked. I just don't like the feel of the RIP. Can't argue with results though.

It seems like Jrod is the exception, but is every one else going stock on their Cally woods/hybrids? Just curious as I know most of the TM guys ended up doing a whole mess of different shafts

the results so far have been good. I'm not going to change for the sake of change(a wise man told me that). I'm going to get in on a LM soon so see the numbers.

Unfortunately I put a ridiculous amount of backspin on the ball due to swing flaws plus a high SS. I would love to be able to play clubs off the shelf with stock shafts, I would save myself a fortune but it just kills my consistency and ball flight. Has nothing to do with Callaways offerings, the only club I have ever been able to play with a stock shaft is the Mashie as it comes with a ridiculously good shaft.

When an individual at Callaway's R & D reaches out and tells us that he firmly believes the stock offerings are not only adequate, but more than for our games, I trust them. It's only fair to test the clubs with the stock shafts before making any changes.

When an individual at Callaway's R & D reaches out and tells us that he firmly believes the stock offerings are not only adequate, but more than for our games, I trust them. It's only fair to test the clubs with the stock shafts before making any changes.

lol I like your new sig

Back