New irons - big loss in distance

Matt I think you are right it's about club extra at the moment, so coupled with a bit extra distance loss on irons is bringing up everything much shorter. Course is a semi links so wind is horrific, but fun at the moment

http://valueguide.pga.com/detail-ex...pe/1/b/Cobra/p/Iron set/m/King Cobra Oversize

Just to show what previous irons are, can find the lofts anywhere. My irons as mentioned were reg steel. Really appreciate all the input, will give an update when sorted

Last edited:
I had this problem as well. with my new irons the lofts were weaker and the shafts were about 2 inches shorter. Had the same shafts in my old irons so i just swapped them and have now gained distance.

Right, I am not going to complain anymore, just played my best round so far. Shot a 73 with no fairways missed and all but one green hit on par 4's. Could have shot lower but ridiculously happy with the round.

BackspinBarry as its been mentioned the weather is cold here now and im using at least a 5 instead of a 7 now to what i use in the summer,maybe thats part of it aswell,

Back