TaylorMade R11 Irons Reviews

100%! I was going to go with the MC's, but am glad I went with the R11's. They are extremely forgiving and long. The lofts are very similar to what I was used to, so it didn't take long to get accustomed to them. I haven't hit them since I have been back home. I hope to get out sunday afternoon if the damage isn't too bad from Irene. I have an itch and the only cure is more R11.

I think I'm suffering from the same itch bro. And you aren't helping.

haha. Drive to VA and you can hit some balls with mine. It may be a little awkward though due to the RH vs LH.

I thought you were hating on them earlier?

I scratched that itch today and it was mexelent. If it wasn't for a stupid double on 17 I would have shot my first ever sub 80 round with these in my first round back home. And the only reason I doubled 17 was cause I hit the R11 PW too good. Flew the green and left myself short sided. Now that I have the yardages more dialed in, I think nothing but mid 70s from now on with these in the bag.

My B...

No worries pal. I loved the R9 irons and I hit coolbreeze's R11's and they were saweet.

I want to try time. I wonder if Edwin Watts will have them yet? If they are anything like my R9s, I would love them.

I want to try time. I wonder if Edwin Watts will have them yet? If they are anything like my R9s, I would love them.

Imagine your R9's with slightly sleeker profiles and a bit longer distance. They don't feel exactly the same, but man, they are nice.

I scratched that itch today and it was mexelent. If it wasn't for a stupid double on 17 I would have shot my first ever sub 80 round with these in my first round back home. And the only reason I doubled 17 was cause I hit the R11 PW too good. Flew the green and left myself short sided. Now that I have the yardages more dialed in, I think nothing but mid 70s from now on with these in the bag.

You and Brian bro. I hate it when I pure it too good.

Imagine your R9's with slightly sleeker profiles and a bit longer distance. They don't feel exactly the same, but man, they are nice.

I think the longer distance would be nice. I think most went up a club when they switched.

You and Brian bro. I hate it when I pure it too good.

I was hitting them great all day, but I was still guessing at yardages, and since you never get a flat shot at my course its all uphil and downhill shots, you better know your carry yardages, and then adjust from there. This shot was a little downhill and I hit it a little too good.

DirtyDawg, hearing that you went with these instead of the MC's and being happy with your decision is making me really consider these. The MC's were one of my top choices for my next purchase.

DirtyDawg, hearing that you went with these instead of the MC's and being happy with your decision is making me really consider these. The MC's were one of my top choices for my next purchase.

It was the same for me IN, I did a full fitting with the MC's and loved them, but when it was time to pull the trigger I went R11's and am so glad that I did.

Definitely demo a set of the R11's before you make your purchase. I don't have a lot of time with them yet, but I am loving what I see so far.

Anybody got any thoughts on the workability of these? I know they're not forged, but can you turn the ball with them?

Anybody got any thoughts on the workability of these? I know they're not forged, but can you turn the ball with them?

Is this serious?

Is this serious?

Sure. Why? I'm just asking if you find them easy to fade and draw. Didn't seem like a strange question when I typed it. :confused2:

Sure. Why? I'm just asking if you find them easy to fade and draw. Didn't seem like a strange question when I typed it. :confused2:

It was the forged comment that made it strange for me as that does not aid in any way in working a ball. But as for working the ball with these, yes it is very easy to work the ball with these irons. I'm not a big fan of working the ball, I like to play a slight fade, and I'm seeing it with these irons, but I can draw the ball whenever I want to.

It was the forged comment that made it strange for me as that does not aid in any way in working a ball. But as for working the ball with these, yes it is very easy to work the ball with these irons. I'm not a big fan of working the ball, I like to play a slight fade, and I'm seeing it with these irons, but I can draw the ball whenever I want to.

Thanks, good to hear. These are certainly one set I'm going to consider. You're right of course about the "forged" thing. Not sure what I was thinking (must be past my bedtime). What I guess I meant was that they are a GIish club which have the rap of being hard to turn.

Thanks, good to hear. These are certainly one set I'm going to consider. You're right of course about the "forged" thing. Not sure what I was thinking (must be past my bedtime). What I guess I meant was that they are a GIish club which have the rap of being hard to turn.

I see what you're saying, but when you see these in person they have a very small head, almost GE like. I was shocked at how sleek it was to be honest. I don't think this iron is in the same category as say a Di11 or a 2.0, but more of a players GI iron if that makes sense. Its just badass really.

I see what you're saying, but when you see these in person they have a very small head, almost GE like. I was shocked at how sleek it was to be honest. I don't think this iron is in the same category as say a Di11 or a 2.0, but more of a players GI iron if that makes sense. Its just badass really.

If that's truly what they are, they could be perfect for me. I'm getting more control over my ball of late and that's with the x22s which are GI, so if these are a step closer to a player's iron without giving up too much of the forgiveness factor then it may just be winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

If that's truly what they are, they could be perfect for me. I'm getting more control over my ball of late and that's with the x22s which are GI, so if these are a step closer to a player's iron without giving up too much of the forgiveness factor then it may just be winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

I don't shape shots, I try to hit it as close to straight as possible. However, when you look down at the iron you wont' think you are looking at a GI iron. The head is not large and the topline is fairly thin. The 6 iron is the only club I've hit, but even it was fairly small. The club packs alot of forgiveness, I'm playing the x18 now and feell that the R11's were more forgiving.

Find a store that has them on their fitting cart, and give them a shot, I think you'll be impressed.

I haven't tried to move them too much left or right. I do remember having one shot where I setup for a hook around a tree and back to the green.

It ended up hitting it high and straight so it missed the green right. I thought i struck it well but i think I just didn't hit the hook shot well.

I didn't practice many shaping shots though yet, one thing I remember with the burners was you couldn't shape them to save your life hehe, I have feeling these will be easier, but I would like to try it out some more.

Back