Handicap
I am going to buy one and am curious.
What do you use?
Do you like it?
Would you replace it with same?
If no, then which one and why?

Thank you for your help.

I strongly recommend searching.

The home page has reviewed almost every single laser out there.
The forum has close to a hundred threads on this very topic.

We get ours tomorrow. After playing in The Morgan Cup and having GPS in the carts that gave distance to the pin, I'm pretty excited about it.

Kevin

Don't tell OEM about this thread either!

Is searching really that hard?

Don't tell OEM about this thread either!

Is searching really that hard?

:skywalker: you did not see this thread OEM, it was not here!

I strongly recommend searching.

The home page has reviewed almost every single laser out there.
The forum has close to a hundred threads on this very topic.

Sorry, I should have discussed it on a current thread.

Bushnell tour V2

Did you compare to the Leupold GX1, or the Callaway LR550? what about the slope versions? I don't play tournaments, mainly looking to use it to improve. Am seriously considering the Leupold GX 2 or 4.

Did you compare to the Leupold GX1, or the Callaway LR550? what about the slope versions?

No I did not. Didnt really need to. V2 has everything you could want. No slop version for me, not really worth the extra $.

I just purchased a Bushnell Tour V2 non slope a week ago. I think the Tour V2 is awesome. I find that I really enjoy knowing the exact distance to the flag on approach shots. I can also shoot at objects out on the course when I need a yardage as well. The bottom line to me is that the rangefinder gives me confidence in my yardages and I can make better decisions while on the course. I only wish I had purchased one sooner.

I ordered the Leupold GX-1 because it was waterproof and $200 less than the GX-4. In some comment's. It was faster than the Callaway LR550. Also some comments discouraged me from going for one with slope, because of other factors like wind, etc.

I have used the Callaway LR550 all season and have been very happy with it. I have no reason to change/replace it.

I have the GX-1 and it is awesome. I researched laser rangefinders online and Luepold always is on top. My friend who has a bushnell has trouble picking up yardages to the pin past 200 yards and I can get 200 yards+ very easily.
I ordered the Leupold GX-1 because it was waterproof and $200 less than the GX-4. In some comment's. It was faster than the Callaway LR550. Also some comments discouraged me from going for one with slope, because of other factors like wind, etc.

What brand did you get?
We get ours tomorrow. After playing in The Morgan Cup and having GPS in the carts that gave distance to the pin, I'm pretty excited about it.

Kevin

I have the GX-1 and it is awesome. I researched laser rangefinders online and Luepold always is on top. My friend who has a bushnell has trouble picking up yardages to the pin past 200 yards and I can get 200 yards+ very easily.

Hmm, I have not had one single problem with my Bushnell.

That is the one I game, you are going to love it. I will probably upgrade to the GX-3 with this thing finally goes bad because of the red readout, everything I read says it is very easy to see.

I have friends with Bushnells and Callaways and they don't have any problem at all with yardages, nor do I with my GX-1, I think it just comes down to personal preference. Kind of like buying a Honda, Nissan or Toyota, all are good cars, it just depends on which strikes your fancy.

I tried KellyBo's older model Bushnell and I could not hold the thing steady enough to shoot the pin on the green. I kept picking up some trees are something in the background. I love my golf buddy platinum or KellyBo's now as she is using it more due to tournaments etc. If they made the kind you shoot that found the fricking pin for you and locked in on it with having to have surgeon's hands, I might try the binocular kind....

I tried KellyBo's older model Bushnell and I could not hold the thing steady enough to shoot the pin on the green. I kept picking up some trees are something in the background. I love my golf buddy platinum or KellyBo's now as she is using it more due to tournaments etc. If they made the kind you shoot that found the fricking pin for you and locked in on it with having to have surgeon's hands, I might try the binocular kind....

Its because a bushnell doesnt work for men who wear womens clothes. :D

Its because a bushnell doesnt work for men who wear womens clothes. :D

Bridges! Where you been dude! Good to see ya back in action man and yea, I guess I better make sure I have on my best overalls when trying that range finder... lol

V2 is good for me. It and Leupold both good. I went with the extra warranty.

Can't go wrong with any of them really. For me it came down to what was the best deal when I was ready to buy. Check out Blind9 golf, sponsors here. My GX3 came from Blind9.

Back