Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

Picked up a box of the B330-RX this afternoon, would say I am looking forward to see how they do for me tomorrow, but technically I have been playing them for almost a month, just never knew it.

sounds like you found your ball Tim

QUOTE=TripleBogieTim;850091]Just got back from the course and I played the B330-RX in yellow for the full round, in fact I played 1 ball for the whole round...didn't lose a single ball....which is really good for me.

I have to say, I really liked the yellow...made balls in the rough easy to spot! I don't know if it was the confidence of knowing I had been playing this ball well or what, but I had a great ball striking day!

Hit 10 of 13 fairways and had good control on the greens...shot 42+40=82

This is definitely my new ball! I want to say thanks again to THP & Bridgestone for allowing me to beva part of this test, because without it I don't think I would have tried this ball again and would have really been missing out![/QUOTE]

Picked up a box of the B330-RX this afternoon, would say I am looking forward to see how they do for me tomorrow, but technically I have been playing them for almost a month, just never knew it.

That is awesome. It would be my ball of choice if not for the price. Not complaining about the price mind you. Just a little too rich for my blood when I can lose a couple a round.

I played a B330S this morning and loved it, it had many of the short game characteristics I loved with the RX but the S was really soft off the driver. I like it alot so far, this ball could be a game changer..

You do realize that the RX was made for swing speeds of 105 mph or less. I find it odd that you are experiencing "hardness" with this ball. From their website:

Features

Optimized for AMATEUR AVERAGE < 105 MPH swing speeds
SOFTER Gradational Compression Core for longer and straighter distance
Reengineered Mantle layer for higher repulsion and workability
SOFT Urethane Cover for pinpoint accuracy and Tour caliber control

You do realize that the RX was made for swing speeds of 105 mph or less. I find it odd that you are experiencing "hardness" with this ball. From their website:

Features

ya the RX is a marshmellow off the clubs compared to allot of balls, that is a exaggeration of course, its just really soft

Features

Wasn't experiencing hardness, for me it felt heavy off the driver face, it felt plenty soft. The S is a ball much more suited to my personal preferances so far, real buttery off the driver, with just about all the short game attributes of the RX.

Wasn't experiencing hardness, for me it felt heavy off the driver face, it felt plenty soft. The S is a ball much more suited to my personal preferances so far, real buttery off the driver, with just about all the short game attributes of the RX.

Gotcha buddy. I rotate between Bridgestone balls a lot. I like to rotate in between the RX, S, and B330. Have you tried the Tour B330? You might really like that ball.

What is your SS Trout? TC made a valid point, Bridgestone put a lot of product development into their products. I was lucky enough to go to the Bridgestone facility in Covington, Georgia twice and blind test their products in 2009. I know they know what they are doing when they recommend a particular ball to a golfer. Your SS may be in that borderline range and then it comes down to personal preference over going with the RX series or the standard B-330 models.

No I haven't TC, but I'm going to check the whole line out, For the last year I've been switching back and forth between the V1x and the Nike One Tour, this is honestly the first time I've checked any Bridgestone products out.

What is your SS Trout? TC made a valid point, Bridgestone put a lot of product development into their products. I was lucky enough to go to the Bridgestone facility in Covington, Georgia twice and blind test their products in 2009. I know they know what they are doing when they recommend a particular ball to a golfer. Your SS may be in that borderline range and then it comes down to personal preference over going with the RX series or the standard B-330 models.

Hey DD, it's102 to 104 but based on the characteristics I'm looking for in a ball the online fitter and chat support recommended the S, so far I feel the results are fairly accurate. The ball flight is right, the greenside control is right, and the feel is right.

I was guessing on my own based on who hasn't really put out a ball in a while and who could stand to benefit the most from a high-performing mid-level ball. Precept? Maxfli?

I was kind of right. Right?

:question:

Hey DD, it's102 to 104 but based on the characteristics I'm looking for in a ball the online fitter and chat support recommended the S, so far I feel the results are fairly accurate. The ball flight is right, the greenside control is right, and the feel is right.

Exactly what it gave me as well. I gamed the S during the last outing. Love that ball.

Never hit a bridgestone ball but I think I am going to try this one out based off what I read. The fitting said I should use it so I might as well try it lol

PS-Optic Yellow = Awesome

That's what I figured, I love that Bridgestone can dial in pretty much what ever you are looking for in ball performance. Glad you have the right one for you TB.

Never hit a bridgestone ball but I think I am going to try this one out based off what I read. The fitting said I should use it so I might as well try it lol

PS-Optic Yellow = Awesome

funny-pictures-racoon-yes.jpg

Exactly what it gave me as well. I gamed the S during the last outing. Love that ball.
I think I'm going to try at the least a sleeve of S balls. I love me more spin.

I don't think I've ever gamed a yellow ball...might have to do it.

...just tap it in...

...just tap it in...

let me know how you like it. i think a yellow ball against my white driver is something i never thought i would see

let me know how you like it. i think a yellow ball against my white driver is something i never thought i would see

With all the rain down here lately, the rough has gotten quite thick...seems a yellow ball would be easier to find.

With all the rain down here lately, the rough has gotten quite thick...seems a yellow ball would be easier to find.

Yellow ball is almost a stroke a round just based on finding that awesome 285 yard drive that is 1 yard in the rough that seems to be invisible if it is white. After playing yellow E6s most of the year I can attest to the ease of finding them. Couple that with the durability of the RX it's as Charlie Sheen would say, bi-win.

...just tap it in...

I haven't played a yellow ball since the 80's....but I played one all day yesterday and loved it! Give it a try I think you'll like it.

...just tap it in...

I would never have seen myself playing a yellow ball until I did the blind test in the spring. It made an instant believer out of me. All of my regular playing group made positive comments on it, but they still have never gamed one to my knowledge. I think most people just think the yellow signifies hacker to others. I am too old to actually give a crap what others think. My advice is try it you'll like it.

What do you like most about it Spank?

I would never have seen myself playing a yellow ball until I did the blind test in the spring. It made an instant believer out of me. All of my regular playing group made positive comments on it, but they still have never gamed one to my knowledge. I think most people just think the yellow signifies hacker to others. I am too old to actually give a crap what others think. My advice is try it you'll like it.

Have to agree there. I don't know how old you are, but I came to a similar conclusion in my mid-thirties.

I love this ball. That is all.

Back