PGA Championship [Spoilers] TaylorMade R11 Iron Contest

wow with everyine dang near picking same people, THP gonna have a hard time going threw all the pix!

I'm intrested to see the afternoon wave. In the morning there's still some moisture on the greens and the heat isn't as bad. In the afternoon everything dries up, speeds up...and the heat gets brutal...

Bottom 3 guys in the field right now: Vijay Singh (+6 through 11), Tommy Gainey (+8 through 11), Ryo Ishikawa (+15 through 13 holes!).

Is Ishikawa going to break 90 today?

Late to the party, but my picks are:

TaylorMade Golfers
Day, Jason (TM)
Johnson, Dustin (TM)
Luke Donald
Adam Scott

Winning score: 269

I am going to ask what is probably a very dumb question, but I want to know the answer. Why do the pros hit tee shots way more offline than most amateurs do? My guess is due to the fact they are trying to get every inch out of it or the course.... I am really curious

I am going to ask what is probably a very dumb question, but I want to know the answer. Why do the pros hit tee shots way more offline than most amateurs do? My guess is due to the fact they are trying to get every inch out of it or the course.... I am really curious

You've obviously never played with this amateur. :D

You've obviously never played with this amateur. :D

Haha, but you know what I mean right? I am a very high handicap and I can hit most fairways, but I am not trying to murder the ball. I know my question will have a very obvious answer that will make me feel dumb, but I want to know.

Stricker
McIlroy
Day
Dj

Haha, but you know what I mean right? I am a very high handicap and I can hit most fairways, but I am not trying to murder the ball. I know my question will have a very obvious answer that will make me feel dumb, but I want to know.

When you hit the ball further, the net result for the same margin of error is greater. ie 5 degrees offline isn't going to be huge for us, but add another 40 or 50 yards and that magnifies.

When you hit the ball further, the net result for the same margin of error is greater. ie 5 degrees offline isn't going to be huge for us, but add another 40 or 50 yards and that magnifies.

+1 Most of us are lucky to hit it 250-260 consistently but when these dudes have the capability of hitting it 300+ like paulo said the mistakes will be magnified. Longer for the side spin to effect the flight of the ball I would assume, but Im a business major :laughing:

i would rather be 50 yards longer in the rough then 50 shorter in the fairway...

Also they probably are aiming at much harder to hit fairways than your avg. hacker. cue JB to tell us how they really aren't off that much and how much pros are unbelievablely better drives than all other humans...probably right though.

Adam Scott looking solid but we'll see how he runs the gauntlet.

i would rather be 50 yards longer in the rough then 50 shorter in the fairway...

Not if it's thick penal rough when you're trying to hold a very firm green rolling at about a 14 or so. Plus trying to judge whether or not the ball is going to be a flyer or not.

Adam Scott looking solid but we'll see how he runs the gauntlet.

Idiot. He's already run the gauntlet.

Tiger just looks so deflated... Like he has completely given up

Not if it's thick penal rough when you're trying to hold a very firm green rolling at about a 14 or so. Plus trying to judge whether or not the ball is going to be a flyer or not.

right, but at my local courses i would lol

wow with everyine dang near picking same people, THP gonna have a hard time going threw all the pix!

As long as nobody has the Stricker, Day, Fowler, DJ combination...I feel good about my picks. I completely screwed up my tiebreaker score... went with 275, which is -5. I somehow originally calculated it to be -13. UGH.

My picks:
Jason Day
Dustin Johnson
Lee Westwood
Rory
Tiebreaker 268

This thread needs some TW birdies. I mean its like someone's dog died since his doubles.

This thread needs some TW birdies. I mean its like someone's dog died since his doubles.

Its tough when we only get to watch one group, and the fact that TW looks like he could care less makes it worse.

Somewhere Steve Williams is smiling...

The firewall caught up to me, I dont know how though, its 2 hours late. Anyway, I will just follow it here, much better than the blogs

Back