why am i addicted to buying new golf kit

chas

Reaction score
Handicap
i seem to have a problem with buying too much golf stuff, in the space of 3 months i have bought new 4 new drivers. In that time i have bought a burner superfast 2.0,srixon zstar,cleveland 270 and a callaway diablo octane black.

I cant seem to stick with one driver and when hitting hit bad i just go out and try something else and get that to i start messing up with that and the cycle starts again. I keep going back to the srixon which i hit well most of the time, but like most of us i keep want to hit it further and straighter.

I am getting lessons and i am trying to stick with the srixon and master that, but i keep looking on the net at new stuff and i nearly bought the r9 supertri today which is on sale over here.

Anyone else like me :D

Not quite like you, but I have bought this year: 2 drivers (sold one to buy the other), 3 wood, 2 hybrids, irons, 5 pair of shoes, lots of shirts, shorts, socks, hats, balls, gloves... But I'm done now :cyclops:

I'm on my 4th set of irons this year, although finally happy! I just love buying stuff

I feel for you Chas. I'd be happy to offer some quality storage space just down the road for all that gear that must just be getting in your way. :wink:

I've never really been obsessive about it....but I just realised I've changed everything but my putter this year, and I've changed my irons twice in the last 4 months. That's not a problem though. Not at all....

I feel for you Chas. I'd be happy to offer some quality storage space just down the road for all that gear that must just be getting in your way. :wink:

I've never really been obsessive about it....but I just realised I've changed everything but my putter this year, and I've changed my irons twice in the last 4 months. That's not a problem though. Not at all....

would love to help, but i do tend to shift the stuff i dont use, but i do loose a good bit of cash in the process.

Anyway i am playing gleddock and the carrick on saturday so hopefully i will do a bit better than recently.

would love to help, but i do tend to shift the stuff i dont use, but i do loose a good bit of cash in the process.

Anyway i am playing gleddock and the carrick on saturday so hopefully i will do a bit better than recently.

At least you're getting a bit of return. All my old stuff tends to hit the dark corner of the garage!

Played Gleddoch a few weeks back, hopefully you get a calmer day than I did! :D

I used to do that type thing a lot back before I retired, now on the fixed income not so much. I feel for you chas, but it is a lot of fun to be a club ho.

I used to do that type thing a lot back before I retired, now on the fixed income not so much. I feel for you chas, but it is a lot of fun to be a club ho.

only been playing for about a year and in that time i have spent around £4000 on golf stuff.

I just love ordering new stuff and feeling like a little kid at Christmas waiting for the parcel to arrive.
I am settiled with my irons and putter so they will be with me a while, however i do tend to change my woods and hybrids alot. Hopefull thge bag i have will do me for a while. But the next big thing is always around the corner

At least you're getting a bit of return. All my old stuff tends to hit the dark corner of the garage!

Played Gleddoch a few weeks back, hopefully you get a calmer day than I did! :D

weather looks good for Saturday which should be good. I also played deer park on Tuesday and i enjoyed that as it was a decent course.
Have you played Deer park?

only been playing for about a year and in that time i have spent around £4000 on golf stuff.

I just love ordering new stuff and feeling like a little kid at Christmas waiting for the parcel to arrive.
I am settiled with my irons and putter so they will be with me a while, however i do tend to change my woods and hybrids alot. Hopefull thge bag i have will do me for a while. But the next big thing is always around the corner

You do know those are famous words from all golfers, a while can sometimes equal mere hours. :laughing:

It's been a very rare occasion when I have played with Littlepingman that he didn't have something new in the bag. He bought and sold clubs before they have even come in and went to order something else. He seems determined to try everything atleast once!!

You do know those are famous words from all golfers, a while can sometimes equal mere hours. :laughing:

i hope i do keep them longer than a few months, this year i have had nike machspeed irons, the cleveland cg7 then cg7 black pearl and now burner 2.0. I have also had superfast 2.0 3 & 5 wood from cleveland dst 3 and 5 wood and now have cleveland fl 3w and 5w as well as a mashie 2. For putters i have had a nike method then cleveland mallet and taylor made ghost and now the new ghost. As for bags i have an r9 & r11 staff bag and today i ordered the srixon staff bag as i found that cheap on the net.

I so need to stop, lol

weather looks good for Saturday which should be good. I also played deer park on Tuesday and i enjoyed that as it was a decent course.
Have you played Deer park?

A long time ago, and I honestly can't remember much about it! I'm terrible for that.

I use to have the same problem as you, regarding buying new Drivers. Always looking for the "Miracle" club. I went thru 6 in one year! Thats an expensive year, then I decided to get fitted for a driver, and that fixed my problem!

Now I am just addicted to buying golf balls it seems. Always wanting to try new golf balls, I am still in search of the one that is perfect for my game. I know you should stick with one ball and play it exclusively as it builds consistancy in your golf game, I just need to find that ball.

It sure is a fun feeling to dream of that club that will change everything, isn't it?

It sure is a fun feeling to dream of that club that will change everything, isn't it?

I am still looking for that miracle club lol

I seem to have this problem. Constantly buying and selling/trading off clubs for something better or just different. Ugh...

I wish I could do that..No luck over here ...lol

I completely understand this problem. This year I switched from a complete Nicklaus set. to a complete Callaway Big Bertha set. I then changed the driver to a Diablo but as I began to hit it well I wanted more distance and I upgraded again to an Octane. I switched my 3 & 5 Fairway woods from the Nicklaus, to the Diablos, to the Edges, but I feel the faces are to small for me so I just bought Cobra S3s and they are coming in the mail today (yeah!!!). My irons I only switched out once to the big berthas but I had hard time hitting the low irons so I took the 3,4,&5 out and replaced with 3&4 FT Fusions (which i love). I am ready to upgrade my remaining irons. I think I will wait till the Razr Hawks come down in the fall and try them. My wedge has switched out 4 times with the latest going from the X22 to the Cleveland CG15. My putter was a hard one to change because I love my old Bettinardi Hawk but I bought an Odyssey Sabertooth White Hot XG which I am using now but may be switching back to my Hawk (I miss him). As for balls I started with HX hot but moved up to the HX hot plus which I liked, then tried the tour I, IZ, and IX versions which were ok but i preferred the Hot Plus. I just did an online ball fitting and was reccomended the Bridgestone E6 which i just shot my first round with yesterday. All of this on top of 11 outfits, 6 hats, 3 visors, tees, markers, and other misc, has really added up. I also got my 7 year old into it and bought him a Cleveland launcher set and I bought my wife a Founders Day set so she could see me once in a while. Needless to say I am thousands into golf this year but on the upside the coach has been really comfy :laughing:

As many have pointed out you are not alone. This site makes it difficult when people share their experiences with certain clubs it gives you the itch to try them out for yourself.

Sheesh, I guess it's fun to have that much disposable income. Some folks are more impulsive shoppers than others it seems. My budget wouldn't allow me to buy 4 drivers in 4 years, let alone a single year! I did upgrade my bag over the starter set that I bought over the course of a year and a half, and now I think it's pretty much set. I don't fear any club in my bag, and now that I'm used to them my game is improving. I think much of that I owe to just plain practice vs. any club, ball or shaft.

i seem to have a problem with buying too much golf stuff, in the space of 3 months i have bought new 4 new drivers. In that time i have bought a burner superfast 2.0,srixon zstar,cleveland 270 and a callaway diablo octane black.

I cant seem to stick with one driver and when hitting hit bad i just go out and try something else and get that to i start messing up with that and the cycle starts again. I keep going back to the srixon which i hit well most of the time, but like most of us i keep want to hit it further and straighter.

I am getting lessons and i am trying to stick with the srixon and master that, but i keep looking on the net at new stuff and i nearly bought the r9 supertri today which is on sale over here.

Anyone else like me :D

I'm VERY thankful I found out years ago and this it is most often the indian, and rarely the arrow.

Back