Taylormade R9 Superdeep Driver

rkangrah

Reaction score
Handicap
What are the differences between the TM R9 Supertri and R9 Superdeep drivers?

The superdeep is a low spinning, less forgiving head for better players, I believe.

And the differences other than than deeper face.

Yes, to start the supertri is a high spin head, the superdeep is a low spin head. The Superdeep has a much deeper face, compared to the supertri as well.

They are really completely different drivers. One is moderately high spinning and the other is low spinning and deep. Other than the brand name, they are seriously very different.

What are the differences between the TM R9 Supertri and R9 Superdeep drivers?

I hit these side by side on a monitor once. At the time, I needed to increase spin from my old driver. The super deep actually reduced my spin. The ball didn't get to an optimal height and the ball just fell out of the sky. Moreover, I miss out towards the toe of the face at times, and the super deep just punished me with that miss. The supertri brought my spin rate up to a more acceptable level and was much more forgiving when I missed towards the toe of the face. For someone who typically hits it square in the middle of the face and needs to decrease spin though, I am sure the super deep would be worth considering.

I hit these side by side on a monitor once. At the time, I needed to increase spin from my old driver. The super deep actually reduced my spin. The ball didn't get to an optimal height and the ball just fell out of the sky. Moreover, I miss out towards the toe of the face at times, and the super deep just punished me with that miss. The supertri brought my spin rate up to a more acceptable level and was much more forgiving when I missed towards the toe of the face. For someone who typically hits it square in the middle of the face and needs to decrease spin though, I am sure the super deep would be worth considering.

I had a similar experience. I'm a low spin guy (too low) with the Supertri and when I fiddled with the Super deep my spin numbers were anemic...and my launch angle had dropped from 10ish to 6.5...it wasn't a good fit, haha.

Tap before talk.

Back