Mizuno MP-R12 wedges

LOL...its just 1 person's opinions, JB.

He should have an open disclaimer.
I just dont understand the idea that he reviews one company one way and another one this way. (one gets raw numbers only and the other gets no raw numbers and is only based on look and feel).
Why do looks and feel matter in his Mizuno "They are grain flow forged soft" (freaking classic line)
And yet they dont matter in his other company videos.

Why does he not compare these to the other Mizuno wedges on the monitor and ask "why are they needed"?

After seeing Mizuno's video and seeing them at address and how they sit, I want these in my bag.

I think our friend in this video should change his name to "Grain Flow Credible". Mr Credible seems to love Mizuno no matter what they do and doesn't seem to question why they offered a second wedge line within the same year. I mean, are they just trying to capitalize on the MPR name? I think so. I think our friend "Grain Flow" here has some good points sometimes, but where was his launch monitor telling us the smash factor differences between these and the MPT-11's? Silly!

Reactions: JB
I just dont understand the idea that he reviews one company one way and another one this way. (one gets raw numbers only and the other gets no raw numbers and is only based on look and feel).
Why do looks and feel matter in his Mizuno "They are grain flow forged soft" (freaking classic line)

Why does he not compare these to the other Mizuno wedges on the monitor and ask "why are they needed"?

The R series are just a little different shape, personally I prefer the head shape of the MP-Rs to the MP-Ts but I would hit either one, it isn't a big deal.

The R series are just a little different shape, personally I prefer the head shape of the MP-Rs to the MP-Ts but I would hit either one, it isn't a big deal.

Im well aware of the R series and quite like them actually. I am speaking about this reviewer in general and why he openly criticizes one company for releasing multiple clubs because they offered the same "numbers" and not the other.

Hitting these right now. I can't tell any difference from the mpt-11.

Edit. The narrower sole does change how the club lays when you open it up. Seems to lay a little flatter.
--
tapatalk

Im well aware of the R series and quite like them actually. I am speaking about this reviewer in general and why he openly criticizes one company for releasing multiple clubs because they offered the same "numbers" and not the other.

Got it, thanks, I misunderstood sorry.

Back on topic though, SW, after trying these, what are your thoughts on their versatility? Ours should be here Monday, but that seems so far away...hehe

Back on topic though, SW, after trying these, what are your thoughts on their versatility? Ours should be here Monday, but that seems so far away...hehe

Ouuu exciting. Could we a see a comparison thread with other similar shaped wedges, witch would include the CG15's?

Well I had a nice post all typed up and then had a glitch, what a b---h.

I used the 50* and 54* for a little demo this afternoon. Dropped 6 penta practice balls at various places from around 50 yds and in. First off this wedge is similar to the mpt 11 in weight, which can cause some issues for me.

I found the 54* to be a jewel from the fairway, it was very easy to hoist up in the air and drop dead on the green. Felt like the club head was really sliding right under the ball. But I had a hard time flighting it lower and still holding the green, a shot I don't normally have to much difficulty with.

As I got closer to the green I began to struggle more and more with these. Tried a little 25 yd shot over a bunker, could never get a solid feel for where the head was. Always felt like it was further back in the swing than it really was, I attribute that entirely to the weight. I practice this shot quite a bit and feel like I can do it successfully with regularity, not with these today. Tended to come in heavy and be well short of my intended target.

I thought these were great right around the green though, those little touch shots seemed really easy with these. Used primarily the 54* for this and was able to get to same results performed several different ways. The narrower sole to me makes it easier to lay the face open and slide the club under the ball, popping it up and landing it really soft. Also delofting the club and using more of a bump and run type shot was very easy.

I backed away to about 10 yds off the green and hit some low runners with the 50* as well, took a few times to get adjusted to the weight but soon I saw good results, I sometimes stick the club a little behind the ball and the resulting action is a short shot. I'm guessing the leading edge on these helps alleviate that because I found it easy to keep the club moving without it getting caught up.

I tend to be a bull in a China shop around the green and thus I don't get real tricky, I just try to get the ball on the green efficiently as I can. That said I liked having some options with these, the small change they made to the sole is a big improvement to me.

Interesting SW. I kind of know what you mean about the Mizuno wedges and the weight of them. I find them to be very light in the head compared to a lot of other wedges I've tried. I look forward to possibly trying these out at some point. I've really enjoyed having the MPT11's in the bag.

Interesting SW. I kind of know what you mean about the Mizuno wedges and the weight of them. I find them to be very light in the head compared to a lot of other wedges I've tried. I look forward to possibly trying these out at some point. I've really enjoyed having the MPT11's in the bag.

Then I think you will love these. Everything I liked about the 11's was better with these. Plus they have a great look.

--
tapatalk

Then I think you will love these. Everything I liked about the 11's was better with these. Plus they have a great look.

--
tapatalk

No kidding? Dude, I didn't need to hear that. I'm still working on the JAWS and then you have to post in here.

No kidding? Dude, I didn't need to hear that. I'm still working on the JAWS and then you have to post in here.

Sorry :( :devil:

--
tapatalk

Sound cool, thanks SW. Too many new wedges out! I just want to try them all, and these are not an exception.

Sound cool, thanks SW. Too many new wedges out! I just want to try them all, and these are not an exception.

Eh, the first post was better :alien: You're right though, there are a ton of great wedges out now, and we thought last year was the year of the wedge.

--
tapatalk

I think our friend in this video should change his name to "Grain Flow Credible". Mr Credible seems to love Mizuno no matter what they do and doesn't seem to question why they offered a second wedge line within the same year. I mean, are they just trying to capitalize on the MPR name? I think so. I think our friend "Grain Flow" here has some good points sometimes, but where was his launch monitor telling us the smash factor differences between these and the MPT-11's? Silly!
Actually, he recently did a Ping K-15 vs Mizuno JPX-800 HD comparison and said he liked the K-15s better.

Finally was able to watch the video. I think I'm gonna go build a 3 sided shack out back and hit some wedges off a mat then put the video on YouTube. I'll be an internet sensation, heck I might even make it on tosh.0

--
tapatalk

$$$... am I crazy?

Got to hit these today. Love love love them. I prefer the look of these to th t11 by leaps and bounds. I prefer the round shape more and just the overall look. I agree with SW. My biggest con was the weight of the head. Uber light to me. Lead tape will be in order for me, but then there goes that look! Oh well. The grinds do seem to make it easier to open up. Kind of hard to explain as they look like other c grinds, but these seem to open easily with little issues of fearing the blade.

Any ideas as to why the head feels so light?

Any ideas as to why the head feels so light?

Not really, but they did feel light to me so I picked them up next to a vokey and a VR pro and jaws and it felt the lightest to me. But the puuuurtiest of the bunch.

Can't wait to get mine. Still waiting on my irons think my order got messed up with the Mizuno Rep. The hurricane messed up some cell towers and Pro has been on vacation ugh. Anyways these look amazing and if i find them a bit light some lead tape will fix the job.

Picked up a 52 and 56 today, waiting on the 60 to come in. Will have thoughts about them when i play my round tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

Finally got a quick look at these in person the other day and they look great!

Back