SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

Thanks!!! There are no markings on the grip. Its kind of something that you just have to figure out for yourself.

About the website.....I am not supposed to review the website but I respectively disagree with you on it. I think the website looks great and is packed with good information. And....they very quickly give you information of what the SCOR system is all about

I agree that they have a ton of useful information there. But to me the presentation is like they took their information from a Word document and uploaded it to the site. I'm thinking a slicker/more simple setup (with the details available for those that want to drive down) would be better, at least to initially attract and keep people's attention.

Anyway, thanks for continuing with the feedback, and well done on the 11 GIRs - that is awesome! Were you able to convert some of those to birdies???

Yesterday, I played 9 holes at my local course. I was not out there to break the course record, I was there to bring you some video and SCOR testing. YOu will see that I have birdie putts that I dont even pull the flag out for. I throw balls down in spots to give you some feedback. I did play my ball yesterday and with some quick putting and not trying I did hit 7 of 9 grens in reg. and I managed to walk away with a round of 1 over. I am sorry you have to see my face a lot but I wanted to drive from my shot to the ball to keep the camera rolling. That way you would see true results.

[video=youtube;tx7G-IaFKxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx7G-IaFKxg[/video]

I say in the video that I pushed it right but it turns out I was aimed there. haha

You will like this one, you can see my ball come down on the green if you look closely. The ball was plugged and I got a laugh out of it.

[video=youtube;-gEugxrLHgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gEugxrLHgc[/video]

Par 5, layed up to 100...

[video=youtube;3-YALP_rVbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-YALP_rVbQ[/video]

dropped a ball in the fairway just to hit the 49* and caught it a little fat.

bump that I promised

I agree that they have a ton of useful information there. But to me the presentation is like they took their information from a Word document and uploaded it to the site. I'm thinking a slicker/more simple setup (with the details available for those that want to drive down) would be better, at least to initially attract and keep people's attention.

Anyway, thanks for continuing with the feedback, and well done on the 11 GIRs - that is awesome! Were you able to convert some of those to birdies???

NOT ONE OF THEM! hahaha. The greens were recently punched so I am going to tell myself that is why I didnt!

NOT ONE OF THEM! hahaha. The greens were recently punched so I am going to tell myself that is why I didnt!

Ha ha! Of course, a brand new putter would do the trick and probably have converted 5 of those!:act-up:

Great update One-T. There responce to the brand sounds like what I have seen with the Heavy Wood. I think the Scor website looks great IMO

Ha ha! Of course, a brand new putter would do the trick and probably have converted 5 of those!:act-up:

I will never get rid of this putter! hahaha

hahahaha...you are out of ponder mode and into....pull the trigger mode.

Nah, I really have to hold off on this one till around my b-day in December I think, that or a putter has to go bye-bye lol

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I had this photo available.

IMG_3707.jpg

I'm trying to wrap my head around what this V sole does. Is the purpose of this to create a small bounce for full swings (ideal for tight lies), but when you lay the club open, it treats it like there's a lot more bounce due to the v sole (for out of rough, out of sand)?

Also, if any of you have played wedges like Cleveland's CG 15 with DSG (Dynamic Sole Grind), how close is the V sole to that?

One T those were some great videos. Got a little sick watching you bounce around in the cart but good. :) Good to hit the miss hits won't make you loose it too much right or left cause my 9 and PW are my go to clubs as of late. Job well done.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Nice pic - looks like you can lay it open without changing the effective bounce angle too much.

Looks are decieving then. If you lay the wedge down on the small beveled edge you're in the range of 3 to 6 bounce depending on the loft of the club. When you open it up to the larger edge, then we're taking 18/20/25/30/35 degrees of bounce.

Nice update One-T.
Are the grips pre-marked or something with where to choke-down to take off distance on full shots? I did a quick review of the website, and did not see that.

Yes there is but it might not be obvious at first glance. If you look at the pictures of the grips that have been put up you're notice the round black part at the top and then it transfers to the red. In the red part of the grip there is a small cut out with black paint fill run through it. Each one of these thumb placements is exactly 1" spaced. Thus for a full standard shot you grip with the heel of your top hand with the butt and grip as normal. When you want to choke down an inch to take off distance you move down one thumb placement. My theory is that each inch gripped down will be about 3 yards of distance change with the same back swing length. I'm heading out with the 59 today to see if that's the case and then how I can alter that distance gap through 1/2, 3/4 and full swings.

I'm trying to wrap my head around what this V sole does. Is the purpose of this to create a small bounce for full swings (ideal for tight lies), but when you lay the club open, it treats it like there's a lot more bounce due to the v sole (for out of rough, out of sand)?

Yup, that's the idea.

Also, if any of you have played wedges like Cleveland's CG 15 with DSG (Dynamic Sole Grind), how close is the V sole to that?

V sole or similar variable grind is a life saver on hard pan fairways through the summer in TX. You almost have to have it or something like it.

V sole or similar variable grind is a life saver on hard pan fairways through the summer in TX. You almost have to have it or something like it.

Looks are decieving then. If you lay the wedge down on the small beveled edge you're in the range of 3 to 6 bounce depending on the loft of the club. When you open it up to the larger edge, then we're taking 18/20/25/30/35 degrees of bounce.

Yes there is but it might not be obvious at first glance. If you look at the pictures of the grips that have been put up you're notice the round black part at the top and then it transfers to the red. In the red part of the grip there is a small cut out with black paint fill run through it. Each one of these thumb placements is exactly 1" spaced. Thus for a full standard shot you grip with the heel of your top hand with the butt and grip as normal. When you want to choke down an inch to take off distance you move down one thumb placement. My theory is that each inch gripped down will be about 3 yards of distance change with the same back swing length. I'm heading out with the 59 today to see if that's the case and then how I can alter that distance gap through 1/2, 3/4 and full swings.

Yup, that's the idea.

OK, thanks guys, that's pretty cool. I play pretty low bounce wedges now due to hating too much bounce for fairway shots. Getting the high bounce for crappy lies though is nice to have for sure. Getting more interested in these all the time.

Oklahoma too! lol

I was thinking the sole allowed you to open the club face and allow the leading edge to rest close to the ground. Seems like I got this totally wrong. So how does it work when opening up the club to hit some delicate shots? With so much bounce is it difficult to pick clean?

There has been some discussion recently about the SCOR clubs in dead pan lies. I tried to test this out today with my 52 & 57 degree clubs to see how they would react. My normal miss on this shot is skipping into the ball and blading it well over the green in most cases or the occasional fat shot and the ball goes 20 yards. Here is a short video with my results:

Some great reviews already. I'm interested in reading more on flop attempts from you guys. Also, that's some kind of swing Mcook.

Some great reviews already. I'm interested in reading more on flop attempts from you guys. Also, that's some kind of swing Mcook.

LOL - not pretty!! But it works every single time that it doesn't work! :D

I actually did about 30 flop shots at the end of my session. I have NEVER been comfortable opening a wedge outside of a bunker but decided what the heck. Was using my 57.

Results: successfully flopped about 70% of my attempts using a fairly full swing. Ball travel was about 40 yards.

The remainder were hit fat with a few bladed attempts threw in. Definitely fun to try and I am still timid but will try it on the course if the shot requires it. I can post some video of my attempts early next week if anyone cares to see.

Tappin' from my iPad!

LOL - not pretty!! But it works every single time that it doesn't work! :D

I actually did about 30 flop shots at the end of my session. I have NEVER been comfortable opening a wedge outside of a bunker but decided what the heck. Was using my 57.

Results: successfully flopped about 70% of my attempts using a fairly full swing. Ball travel was about 40 yards.

The remainder were hit fat with a few bladed attempts threw in. Definitely fun to try and I am still timid but will try it on the course if the shot requires it. I can post some video of my attempts early next week if anyone cares to see.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I would appreciate it, thanks!

Lovin the updates today guys.
Are those F-16's flying over cookie? :D

Lovin the updates today guys.
Are those F-16's flying over cookie? :D

Nope, this course (Bear Creek) is on the grounds of D/FW airport so planes going over every 2-3 minutes. Joining a new club effective 10/1 so my video reviews will get a bit more quiet going forward!

I will get that flop shot vid done and posted Monday evening.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I commented on your video on Youtube. Nice job with the video...

Since others have commented on that swing of yours, I guess it's ok to say something.....We can talk off line :angel:

Nope, this course (Bear Creek) is on the grounds of D/FW airport so planes going over every 2-3 minutes. Joining a new club effective 10/1 so my video reviews will get a bit more quiet going forward!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I am a big fan of bear creek, but the noise is a little rough hehe

great videos ONE-T and mcook. Very unique swing mcook but props for posting it. Mine is very ugly too but as long as it gets the job done that is all that matters. These clubs seem to be working quite well which is excellent. Can't wait for more footage and keep up the good work.

Great update One T and Mc. Still sorting through my notes and will have something up this weekend. Crazy busy the next few days.

For the testers that have played Cleveland wedges before these sweet SCOR wedges I have a question. After hitting/playing the SCOR wedges if you had the choice to play either Cleveland or SCOR what would you choose, any pro's vs con's? I will be buying new irons and wedges soon and for me my wedges are my most important club. The V-sole has me wanting these bad. Really good in depth reviews guys.

Back