Is the Burner series of woods dead at Taylormade now with RBZ coming out?

Tigerfansince72

Reaction score
Handicap
I don't see any Burner product line on the website.

Also.....and I love Taylormade...play everything TM but seriously.....adjustability at 299.....we had that already with the R9 460

I would say the Burner series is done. They waited about 10-15 years to re-release the series, so I guess it could come back in about 10-15 years.

The last comment of adjustablilty at 299...I dont think I am following what your saying. You dont like the price?

...what I meant....Taylormade is advertising the RBZ as adjustability at 299...the R9 460 was exactly that....it's essentially the same club....460 cc head...FCT...46" shaft...no MWT. Again...I play everything TM so I'm obviously a sucker for their advertising but sometimes it's overboard even for me.

But it isnt the same club. Its a completely different head. Im not disagreeing about their marketing of the adjustability at a $299 price tag, but this and the R9 460 are completely different clubs.

...what I meant....Taylormade is advertising the RBZ as adjustability at 299...the R9 460 was exactly that....it's essentially the same club....460 cc head...FCT...46" shaft...no MWT. Again...I play everything TM so I'm obviously a sucker for their advertising but sometimes it's overboard even for me.

I agree but....it is white and newer. The R9 is old news, nobody wants that stuff anymore. hahaha. You get my point right? I think 300 bones for a new driver is actually a great price. I also think TM is one of the best at marketing.

JB....it's VERY similar....VERY.....all they've done is combine a SF 2 with a R9 460 FCT and a new driver is born....I'm probably the greatest sucker for their advertising EVER and my wife makes fun of me for it relentlessly but sometimes I even sit back and laugh at it.

JB....it's VERY similar....VERY.....all they've done is combine a SF 2 with a R9 460 FCT and a new driver is born....I'm probably the greatest sucker for their advertising EVER and my wife makes fun of me for it relentlessly but sometimes I even sit back and laugh at it.

THey are different head shapes, different weights, different depths. Have you hit both?

Except it's not. The R9460 didn't have the same head construction as the RBZ. Just because they're both 460cc heads doesn't make them the same, or even similar.

$300 for a new driver is a great price point.....they are tremendous at marketing and as a result of that are making a killing I'm sure in sales. They've convinced me over and over and over their product is superior...is it? I don't know but I believe it.

JB.....obviously not since the RBZ is not out yet but my main point was TM is the master of marketing. I've took the bait more times than I can to mention....If I had back 1/2 of what I've spent on TM I'd had a ton of $$$. :act-up:

$300 for a new driver is a great price point.....they are tremendous at marketing and as a result of that are making a killing I'm sure in sales. They've convinced me over and over and over their product is superior...is it? I don't know but I believe it.

I dont believe it either...TM could put a turd on a stick and sell more drivers than most golf companies. Hell, they can even call is Rocketballz and sell more than other companies.

JB.....obviously not since the RBZ is not out yet but my main point was TM is the master of marketing. I've took the bait more times than I can to mention....If I had back 1/2 of what I've spent on TM I'd had a ton of $$$. :act-up:

Im not disputing that at all. What i am saying is that the two drivers you said "are the same" are not. In fact they are not even close. Is one better than the other? That is for someone else to say depending on their likes and dislikes.

Now I'm confused at your complaints about it. The R9 460 is probably a less superior driver based solely on performance. But that doesn't mean that it will make somebody a better golfer. But I am certain that the RBZ is a better driver than the R9 460.

So...back to the original question JB....is the Burner series dead for the time being?

Im not at TaylorMade, so I have no idea, but if I was a betting man, I would say yes.

Now I'm confused at your complaints about it. The R9 460 is probably a less superior driver based solely on performance. But that doesn't mean that it will make somebody a better golfer. But I am certain that the RBZ is a better driver than the R9 460.

I dont agree with this, I think the R9 may have been one of the better drivers EVER made.

The R9 is still a great driver...I have a 460 still and it's every bit as long as the R11.

I dont agree with this, I think the R9 may have been one of the better drivers EVER made.

I'm not saying that the entire R9 line wasn't fantastic. But from a technoogy/engineering/research and development standpoint, if the RBZ was struck in the center of the face I would imagine it would go farther than the R9. But the question is whether or not the swinger of the club can replicate that swing.

how would it go farther if COR has remained the same? Not saying it wouldn't....just wondering how?

how would it go farther if COR has remained the same? Not saying it wouldn't....just wondering how?

I understand what you're saying, but I still don't agree. I'm sure there's some science involved. It would probably matter the most on off center hits. My puny Wisconsin brain doesn't understand physics that well.

Know what you mean and I see the advertising claims....on the golf course I've never seen it though. I've owned EVERY single Taylormade driver they've made in the last 5 years....just ask my wife.... :banghead:.......for me there really isn't a difference in distance.

Know what you mean and I see the advertising claims....on the golf course I've never seen it though. I've owned EVERY single Taylormade driver they've made in the last 5 years....just ask my wife.... :banghead:.......for me there really isn't a difference in distance.

For you. With the USGA maxing out certain aspects, many times it will come down to numbers. Those being spin, launch, etc. If a driver gives you numbers closer to optimum launch, then you will see a distance increase...GUARANTEED! That is why it is so crucial in todays day and age to be fit for a golf club and not buy blindly based on brand or loyalty.

I've been fit at the PGA Superstore here in Atlanta...I'm probably at my limit right now as far as equipment goes with what's out there now and need to work on my mechanics.

Back