Hottest temp in which you'll walk a round?

Exactly. And I always ride to try and finish every round in less then 2:30

Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

You are serious. Can you teach me the ways of uber-seriousness?

I walked in 102* yesterday with 75% humidity and this morning it was 95* with 60% humidity and not a breath of wind at 10:30 when bulldog and I finished our round walking . We are playing tomorrow late morning and its going to be in the 100's again , at least we are riding this time !!

I just finished a round on a fairly hilly course walking with my bag on my back and I don't think it ever got below triple digits. When I last checked the temperature, I had about 3 or 4 holes to go and it was right on 100.

I just finished a round on a fairly hilly course walking with my bag on my back and I don't think it ever got below triple digits. When I last checked the temperature, I had about 3 or 4 holes to go and it was right on 100.

How much water weight did you lose? That's some good stuff.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Geez those are some hot temps you guys play in! My round yesterday ended at about 92-93 at noon and although I felt pretty good at that point, I can't imagine 100° with the humidity some of you have to deal with!

99% of the time, I walk, so I doesn't matter for me living in Georgia. Playing in heat really isn't an issue for me, as I'm used to it. Just a wet towel, a lot of water, and I'm good to go!

99% of the time, I walk, so I doesn't matter for me living in Georgia. Playing in heat really isn't an issue for me, as I'm used to it. Just a wet towel, a lot of water, and I'm good to go!

Wet towel? I am revoking your southern boy card.

Seriously though, I gotta try that. Gonna try to walk 54 Thursday, may help.

105 here today and walking was a stupid idea.

I'm sure I'll do it again this week though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in Az they always include a cart, so I rarely walk, unless I'm back home in NorCal but I'd walk in anything under 100 or so. Humidity would be a big factor also as it's so dry here the heat is not that bad. The hottest I've played in was 119 and I just drank a ton of water.

I've walked a few times in AZ when it was around 110 and it was certainly taxing - but doable. I drank a ton of water for sure and kept a soaked towel around my neck the entire time.

I live on the east coast and I'll walk in anything under 100. Once it hits 100 with high humidity I'm usually toast - so I'll take a cart and play as hot as it wants to get.

It doesn't get really hot here very often. I'm from the south, so I don't mind the heat. Last month it got up into the high 90s and I walked 9 during league. Didn't bother me at all.

Over the last 3 weeks, it has been 102 or 103 in TX and while hot, I am still able to walk - albeit quite sweaty!

I almost always walk. On a hot day, if I'm playing with someone who isn't a walker I'll gladly split a cart though. I'd hate for someone to have medical emergency just cause I like to walk. Water and sunblock are key in these instances. Heat exhaustion is a bad thing to put the body through.

I used to walk all year long when I lived in Myrtle, but here in S. Fla, it's crazy hot here somedays and unwalkable.

Kind of a tough one to answer here. Not sure I have a "set" temperature where the walking stops and the riding starts.

It's usually based on how I feel that day.

Yesterday I walked and it was in the upper 80s with somewhat humid. Survived by hanging an extra towel (a white one so I don't wipe my face with the one I clean clubs with), and I hang a small cooler from my pull cart with 4 Gatorades (hydration) and 2 Diet Cokes (caffeine).

For me it isn't the temp but the humidity. I walked a round last week when it was 91 degrees but there was almost no humidity (46%). It was hot but it wasn't horrible. However, on Monday, it was only 82 degrees but the humidity was almost 70% and I took the cart.

Playing golf is better than doing anything in my book..(almost)
I walk all the time unless it is a tourney that tells me I cannot...(or some of the courses in FL)
Just throw on some sunscreen, fill up the Gatorade bottles and go play some golf.......
Within 10 minutes you will be concentrating on golf and not the heat....(at least I do....)

When I played in Germany this on course wouldn't let us rent carts. So we had to walk it. Long course and the temp was in the hundreds. Worst play in a long time. I will play a cart any time now.

Hey, ya, I'm also here in Utah, and I have to say anything over about 90 is my limit. I love walking for golf, it relaxes me, and I'm a big hobby runner, so heat doesn't bother me, but carrying my clubs, walking up and down the hills, and still trying to keep a somewhat consistant game goes out the window about 90+.

Give me a caddy, I'll walk till its about 95 or so. :sweat:

This is a easy one for me I stopped walking 20 years ago and don`t intend to start again...

We usually play early morning (6:30/7:00) so the temps don't get too hot until after we are done. The humidity in Connecticut can be the killer. Can't remember if I ever quit walking during a round due to heat.

Back