Ladies COBRA AMP Irons

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
With all the new equipment COBRA has coming out for 2012 I Wanted to make sure and include the ladies AMP irons. I also took a few side by side pictures with the men's amp irons (in orange) so people can see the difference.

i-pJf5NZv-L.jpg

i-Wjzdfbk-L.jpg

i-WFsJr9m-L.jpg

i-HPDLcF9-L.jpg

i-xXrCzF2-L.jpg

i-BpbKsL6-L.jpg

i-tZnSZdV-L.jpg

i-nsx94QP-L.jpg

The Men's AMP Iron is on the left
i-cDTDCtt-L.jpg

i-3pKkBnD-L.jpg

from these pictures it looks like there is some plastic on those irons? Are the black (on mens) and gray (on womens) plastic? or is it the paint that makes it look that way??

Those look pretty good. I love the bight green and the fact that they colored the numbers as well.

I'm enjoying these pics very much. I'm not sure but the first time I saw these I wasn't impressed but I like the side by side and the color scheme.

Great pictures! I don't see many (if any other than color) differences between the mens and womens. Not that that is a bad thing, just not very common.

Those look pretty darn sharp! Glad to see the ladies getting some love!!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

• Admin
from these pictures it looks like there is some plastic on those irons? Are the black (on mens) and gray (on womens) plastic? or is it the paint that makes it look that way??

I am not sure what you are referring to but there is no plastic on the clubs.

They look pretty sweet! I like how the ferrule is gray with green. I think it adds a nice look to the club. Based on the side by side I don't think the orange is as loud as it looks in the other pictures of them.

Is there more of a satin finish to the ladies version

I am not sure what you are referring to but there is no plastic on the clubs.

I drew red arrows pointing to what looks like plastic (to me). I guess it's the satin paint on there.

i-3pKkBnD-L.jpg

The sun was setting and it was just the way it hit the irons.

I kind of want these...love the bright colors.

I'm not a fan of the look of these lady irons, but MAN do those pics look great. THP is really stepping up in the pic quality department. The top line pic and full face pic are incredible.

I'm not a fan of the look of these lady irons, but MAN do those pics look great. THP is really stepping up in the pic quality department. The top line pic and full face pic are incredible.

Thanks! I took them with my new camera. And I actually had pretty poor lighting because the sun was setting. My goal is to start taking better pictures of all the clubs we get in for review.

I actually think they're pretty sweet. Totally would game these if I were a lady! Love the green.

Steel Tappin'

Wow. I'm still not a huge fan of the orange, but that gray-green on the ladies is pretty sweet. Are the ladies clubs almost as large as the men's? They look just a smidgen smaller to me.

Wow. I'm still not a huge fan of the orange, but that gray-green on the ladies is pretty sweet. Are the ladies clubs almost as large as the men's? They look just a smidgen smaller to me.

I don't think so. They are shorter I know that. The pictures I took are both 8 irons, I wanted to make sure and compare the same club.

did you take any swings with them GG?

I love the look of these. The orange of the mens doesn't look as dramatic when you put it next to the womens.

did you take any swings with them GG?

No, the course was closing when I took the pictures but I am hoping to take some swings with them today.

I love the look of these. The orange of the mens doesn't look as dramatic when you put it next to the womens.

I love them too, but I also really like the guys version. I like the bright colors, I know it won't be for everyone, but it suits my taste well. Did I get all the angles you wanted?

I don't think so. They are shorter I know that. The pictures I took are both 8 irons, I wanted to make sure and compare the same club.

I'm curious if the major difference between men's and women's clubs these days are cosmetic and shaft length, maybe stiffness as well. (And grip size I suppose) And then if women even care/like the color choices? (the green looks sharp, much better than the pastels that seem to have been en vogue for sometime)

Maybe a interesting question to ask during a THP Radio segment with an OEM rep.

I'm curious if the major difference between men's and women's clubs these days are cosmetic and shaft length, maybe stiffness as well. (And grip size I suppose) And then if women even care/like the color choices? (the green looks sharp, much better than the pastels that seem to have been en vogue for sometime)

There are definitely difference between men and women's clubs, especially when it comes to weighting. JB is far better with the technical terms of things than I am so maybe he can chime in here and explain that better.

It depends on the brand and the clubs really. Some have different head weights, some have different offsets, and some are just color differences.

Back