Broke my favorite club

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Well I was playing a fine round of golf yesterday, 70 degrees for a high here in Lincoln Nebraska on January 5th. Made the turn playing OK, played 10 alright and stepped up to the 11th which is a very long par 5, hit a decent drive and got some good run, stepped up to hit my favorite club, a 19 degree older taylormade rescue with NV shaft. Took my normal swing, felt ok at impact and I hear a snap and see my club head tipping toe over hill down the fairway only to go almost as far as the ball! If you are easy disturbed please do not look at the carnage, JK!!!
af01f6d1.jpg

Now I start the search for a new one, the pro said he has a few he wants me to try.

ouch! that sucks....but if you love that one so much why not just get it reshafted?

The horror! Such a travesty. Looks like a brand new grip to boot. Good luck finding a replacement.

Oh dear, sorry to see that but at least you get to try out lots of possible replacements. I did something similar with a 3 wood years ago.....those heads go a long, long way

ouch! that sucks....but if you love that one so much why not just get it reshafted?

Agreed. That shaft should be easy to find and for pretty cheap. Of course, it is lots of fun doing all the research and trying new clubs.

that sucks bro...it was its time to move on

sign from the golf gods that it was just time

Humm think I saw Dr Teeth with a TM TP rescue FS in a 2 and 3. FYI

You should bury it in the back yard next to the family pets JK. Sucks to loose a club you like so much but at least you now get to play with some new stuff

That sucks! I have the same Hybrid, it's been in my bag since 2005 and nothing has knocked it out yet. You can actually find that club used on eBay for CHEAP!

I had a Nickent 3DX Ironwood graphite shafted 17 degree hybrid a few years ago that I could bomb off the tee 250+ and loved that club then one day it just snapped. After that I started buying steel shafted hybrids because I broke the replacement hybrid with a graphite shaft this same way, it comes from making more contact with the ground with a hybrid than you normally would with a FW, they just don't hold up to the stress. I put the same steel shaft into the hybrid that I put in my irons to be consistent, it is somewhat shorter but more accurate and better overall for me at least.

You can get the shaft and grip installed and bored for under 20bucks if done correctly.

Just looked on eBay, found one for $7.60 and one for Buy It Now at $19.99

Since it was your favorite, do you feel that it has that type of magic that just cannot be duplicated, even if you had it reshafted with the same model shaft, or if you bought the identical club ? Sometimes I feel that way. Am I alone ?

That sucks, but it does give you a great excuse to buy a new club.

There's a TM Rescue Mid 19* with a NV-85R like yours on eBay with a BIN of $54.

So sorry! Having a favorite club is truly important because it is your "go-to" club so many times. Hang in there, you will find another favorite soon enough.

In the end I might, I wanted to try out some of the new technology first. It was my go to club, I was so used to seeing the head and the green nv shaft.

Back