Mizuno hybrid problem

JF

Reaction score
When I got my JPX-800 woods last week the shop was out of the JPX-800 hybrids (exsar shaft), so they ordered me one in reg. flex. I got the club today and they sent me the JPX Fli-Hi (Fujikura Orachi) instead of the 800. This is a different shaft that I am unfamiliar with and a smaller clubhead like the PING G20 hybrids. The 800 is a larger clubhead. The shop said they were sorry for messing it up, but they have no demos of the Fli-Hi that I could try to compare, so keeping it would be a risk. I was not a huge fan of the Exsar shaft but I liked the woods so I took the hybrid. Basically I need a comparison of the two. Tomorrow I am gonna leave the wrapping on the club and tape up the face and sole and hit it at the range, but doing so would most likely make a return impossible. What should I do?

Just me, but I would not accept something that I did not want or order, the shop needs to make it what you ordered.

Just me, but I would not accept something that I did not want or order, the shop needs to make it what you ordered.

That's exactly what I'm thinking but I have read good reviews on this and I like the head shape in general... If this turns out to be a better choice than the 800 it would stink to have sent it back...

But if you hit it and it is not good for your swing and game, what do you do then? Sell it and then buy what you wanted in the beginnig which is odds on what you would have to do. JMO.

I'm going to go to the shop tomorrow and say look, I want to hit this one right now and if I like it, I'll keep it, and if I don't, I get a trade at no cost.

Can someone give a heads up comparison between the two?

If you decide to keep it you should ask the shop for a refund of the difference since the Fli Hi costs less than the JPX-800. Could you ask the shop if they'll let you try it out to decide if you want to keep it and still accept the return if you don't? It was their mistake.

If you decide to keep it you should ask the shop for a refund of the difference since the Fli Hi costs less than the JPX-800. Could you ask the shop if they'll let you try it out to decide if you want to keep it and still accept the return if they don't? It was their mistake.

Exactly what I'm gonna do. Their website has the 800 as 105 and the FH as 110 so its actually a little more there??

I'm going to go to the shop tomorrow and say look, I want to hit this one right now and if I like it, I'll keep it, and if I don't, I get a trade at no cost.

Can someone give a heads up comparison between the two?

That is a good plan and as Cayuga says above, you should get the price difference back even if you keep it.

I've hit both. I preferred the Fli-Hi to the 800, but that doesn't really mean much when it comes to what you'll like. Honestly, they both are a little funky looking, but I felt like I hit the Fli-Hi better and they fit well into a GI iron set.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=15440

I've hit both. I preferred the Fli-Hi to the 800, but that doesn't really mean much when it comes to what you'll like. Honestly, they both are a little funky looking, but I felt like I hit the Fli-Hi better and they fit well into a GI iron set.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=15440

I'd consider my irons GE irons... In fact my friend has a Hogan hybrid exactly like this that I hit last week that I loved and hit a mile. Pretty sure I'm keeping this.

Hope they work out for you. There wasn't anything that really stood out with the Fli-Hi for me, but it was a pretty consistent club. I thought the shaft felt pretty nice.

Exactly what I'm gonna do. Their website has the 800 as 105 and the FH as 110 so its actually a little more there??

The JPX is 140 everywhere else and Mizuno usually has manufacturer restrictions that prevent authorized retailers from selling clubs for less than the going rate. Something is fishy there. I wonder is they got confused and gave you the quote for a FH with a steel shaft?

How the prices work out I have no idea. The paper they gave me just said JPX-800 HY R-FLEX and I assume that's what they sent the company, and someone screwed up. Happens all the time I'm sure.

What he said ^^^^ I would send it back.

SO here;s what happened today: Shop told me to go play a round with the club to see if I liked it and if not they would take it back and give me the one I ordered. I kept the plastic on for the front 9 and really liked it. Hole 11 par 3 I went to tee off with it and I took off the plastic. Water. Next hole I hit it again and it went in the woods. Does plastic wrap really affect a club that much? I'm gonna give it one more go before I decide to keep it or not.

No, I don't think taking the plastic off had anything to do with you hitting a couple bad shots, at least not physically.

SO here;s what happened today: Shop told me to go play a round with the club to see if I liked it and if not they would take it back and give me the one I ordered. I kept the plastic on for the front 9 and really liked it. Hole 11 par 3 I went to tee off with it and I took off the plastic. Water. Next hole I hit it again and it went in the woods. Does plastic wrap really affect a club that much? I'm gonna give it one more go before I decide to keep it or not.

The plastic wrap should have had no effect on the ball or where it went. So you can eliminate that....

It was a joke, I know the plastic had nothing to do with it. Played again today went 50-50 with it good and bad. I'm gonna keep it and work out the kinks.

Back