polarisdude94

golf junky
Reaction score
Handicap
I recently made a thread about me getting some new irons through a Pro I know. I was considering the 710 or 712 AP2's or some other players type irons. Possibly Nike Vr Split Cavity Irons? Anybody have any input on them, compared to AP2's and Nike cci Forged ( Current Irons ). But Then I went on Adams website and was looking at their Irons. I liked the way the CB1 and Idea Pro a12 looked, thought that they looked like they were in a similar category to the AP2's. How are they compared to each other and AP2's? I haven't owned any Adams Irons, but have really liked their woods.

Thanks to all who can help! I know it's alot of stuff I am asking, so anything will be greatly appreciated.

i tried the ap2's but didnt like them the adams cb2 were really nice. sorry i cant give more info. good luck.

i tried the ap2's but didnt like them the adams cb2 were really nice. sorry i cant give more info. good luck.
Thanks. What didn't you like about them?

I hit them recently while warming up before hitting a driver. They felt really good and I was seeing good numbers on the LM. Like I said I was just warming up, but they felt really good. I would certainly give them a swing if I were you.

I love my Adams irons, it is going to take an act of a random deity to get them out of my bag. The CB1s are a forgiving players cavity. The A12 Pros are a less forgiving players cavity. I really think that the stock set up for the A12 Pros is nice. Golf Pride New decade grip with KBS shaft. Compared to the AP2s, I give the tip of the hat to Adams. But to be far, I am very biased.

I just purchased a set of A12 Pro's. I thought they were a great combination of playability and forgiveness. I also wanted the kbs shaft and because it came standard they were great value. I spent quite a number of weeks testing them against several other irons including the AP2s.

I hit the CB2's and CB1's and ultimately went with the CB2's. I thought there was a significant amount more of forgiveness with the 2's.
The CB3's are coming out which appear to be a bit more forgiving than the 2's. Not sure if they are replacing the 2's or adding to the lineup.

I love my Adams irons, it is going to take an act of a random deity to get them out of my bag. The CB1s are a forgiving players cavity. The A12 Pros are a less forgiving players cavity. I really think that the stock set up for the A12 Pros is nice. Golf Pride New decade grip with KBS shaft. Compared to the AP2s, I give the tip of the hat to Adams. But to be far, I am very biased.
Thanks for all the info! So how much less forgiving are they? The main reason I am getting new irons, is that the Nike cci forged irons that I play now aren't very forgiving at all. I want irons that are a little more forgiving for the days that I am off. I am thinking about possibly just keeping my irons, and getting all new woods, and hybrids.

Also, why did you prefer the adams over the AP2's? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks. What didn't you like about them?

for me it was just in the weight of the club and the shaft that it had. i couldn't hit it comfortably. it just wasn't for me. another guy was trying them out when i was and he loved them and walked out with them. try hitting a bunch of clubs you will know what you like. good luck

Also, why did you prefer the adams over the AP2's? Sorry for all the questions.

I was just getting significantly less distance with AP2s. I also thought that the A12 Pros looking cleaner. I would say the CB1s are much more forgiving all over the face. The Pros will put a lot more spin on the ball. I wish I had numbers for. I don't though.

I can't help but think the a12 pro's would be a very solid performer for any mid/low or below hc player. I'd love to play one round with a set after playing the a12os set since mid Sept, just to see the comparison. I could bring out my 4DX pro's, but not really apples to apples.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I am in your exact same position I have the CCI forged and looking to replace them and the pro a12's are on the top of my list also. I did try some Ping S56 yesterday side by side and the Ping's were damn nice also. I am a huge fan of Adams have woods/hybrids and love the stock set up of KBS shaft and GP grip. I did try the Ping S56 with the KBS shaft and it was also very nice and easy to hit. Let me know what direction you go, and I will do the same when I decide on what I am going with.

I am in your exact same position I have the CCI forged and looking to replace them and the pro a12's are on the top of my list also. I did try some Ping S56 yesterday side by side and the Ping's were damn nice also. I am a huge fan of Adams have woods/hybrids and love the stock set up of KBS shaft and GP grip. I did try the Ping S56 with the KBS shaft and it was also very nice and easy to hit. Let me know what direction you go, and I will do the same when I decide on what I am going with.
This helps alot! Why are you getting rid of your cci forged? I thought about the Pings S56 last year as well. Forgot about them now though. Definitely let me know what you end up doing. And I will do the same. Have you hit the a12's?? Or CB1 perhaps? Thanks!

Just wanting to get something more forgiving. The Pro A12's are sweet and really like the forgiveness and playability. Hitting the S56 they were really nice also. When you look at the price gap it isn't even close. Plus the look of setting the Adam's down on the ground vs the S56 is hands down Adams. Reading a thread earlier the MB2 might be worth a look for you also.

Just wanting to get something more forgiving. The Pro A12's are sweet and really like the forgiveness and playability. Hitting the S56 they were really nice also. When you look at the price gap it isn't even close. Plus the look of setting the Adam's down on the ground vs the S56 is hands down Adams. Reading a thread earlier the MB2 might be worth a look for you also.
So you agree that the cci's aren't very forgiving? Because thats the only problem I have with them. I love the look of the MB2, but getting them would kind of defeat the purpose of getting new irons. Sounds like the a12's are really nice, and possibly right for me.

I just purchased a set of A12 Pro's. I thought they were a great combination of playability and forgiveness. I also wanted the kbs shaft and because it came standard they were great value. I spent quite a number of weeks testing them against several other irons including the AP2s.
What was your deciding factor in purchasing the a12's? What made them better than the AP2's? Thanks!

What was your deciding factor in purchasing the a12's? What made them better than the AP2's? Thanks!

The lofts in the A12s were similar to my TM Tour Burners I had previously and the AP2s were weaker. The feel of the A12s were better imo and the price difference was a no brainer. I also felt the A12s were more forgiving but that could be more of a feeling than anything else.

The lofts in the A12s were similar to my TM Tour Burners I had previously and the AP2s were weaker. The feel of the A12s were better imo and the price difference was a no brainer. I also felt the A12s were more forgiving but that could be more of a feeling than anything else.
Alright, thanks. I will definitely add them to my list to try out. I think Iv'e gotten down to those two, but yesterday I was looking at Taylormade clubs, and liked the MC's.

Alright, thanks. I will definitely add them to my list to try out. I think Iv'e gotten down to those two, but yesterday I was looking at Taylormade clubs, and liked the MC's.

I really liked the look of the MC's but I didn't find them all that forgiving. Especially in the longer clubs. If the MC's were a little more forgiving I would have snatched those up for sure.

I know it's not what you're looking at but love my A7's

I really liked the look of the MC's but I didn't find them all that forgiving. Especially in the longer clubs. If the MC's were a little more forgiving I would have snatched those up for sure.
I heard that they were a little less forgiving, so they were towards the bottom of my list. But I think I got it narrowed down to the AP2's and the a12's. Now I need to decide on a driver.... hmmm. But I think I'll get some new Vokey SM4's before the driver.

Back