How much would you pay for 18 holes?

jcounsman

Reaction score
Handicap
Would you pay $500 to play Pebble Beach? What is the highest green fee you have paid for18 holes? Was it worth the price?

Moved to golf section.

I wouldn't pay that much to play Pebble Beach.

No, that's out of my league. $90 is the most I've paid for a round.

Highest I've played is probably 90-something. That was at Bulle Rock here in Md. It's a good course, hosted a couple lpga championships a few years ago. Normal price there is like 125. I don't think it's worth that much. The course is nice and challenging, but the course alone is probably only worth 70 to 80.

I wouldn't pay 500, but i would definitely pay a decent amount to play Pebble or Augusta.

$500 to play Pebble.....damn skippy!

Most I have ever paid was $80 bucks including cart and range balls to play Tour 18 and yes, it was worth it.

I paid about 3 bills caddie included to play Erin Hills this Summer. By far the most I've ever paid. It was unreal, but man, I felt a little violated when I was done. It wasn't that unreal.

Kevin

50. At most. That reminds me, I am not going to get to play Ross Bridge for half price before I turn 18. Darnit.

Would you pay $500 to play Pebble Beach? What is the highest green fee you have paid for18 holes? Was it worth the price?
No way. I think it's unconscionable that they charge that much. I read somewhere that they also charge $90 for a dozen ProV's. Why not make it affordable to for the average guy to play a course that the pros play regularly and that hosts US Open's on multiple occasions?

The highest I ever payed was $100. It was worth the price, but I couldn't do it very often.

Well if you play PB it will cost you that $500, you cannot get on Augusta National unless invited by a member unless you are a worker at The Masters. I have paid a little over a $100 to play Cuscowilla.

50. At most. That reminds me, I am not going to get to play Ross Bridge for half price before I turn 18. Darnit.

I missed out on 2 seperate invites to play Ross Bridge while I was still working, job interfered each time. This was back when salesmen treated me to some nice golf courses occasionally.

No way. I think it's unconscionable that they charge that much. I read somewhere that they also charge $90 for a dozen ProV's. Why not make it affordable to for the average guy to play a course that the pros play regularly and that hosts US Open's on multiple occasions?

The highest I ever payed was $100. It was worth the price, but I couldn't do it very often.

While I think that's awfully expensive, a place like Pebble isn't running off $75.00 green fees. That's some mighty pricey real estate it sits on my friend. Supply and demand, and the demand is there.

Kevin

I would pay it if I had the money. That's a sweet track. And most I've paid is like $55. I want to play Pebble someday.

If you can be here Saturday, we can play to ceebrate my B-Day, lol.
I missed out on 2 seperate invites to play Ross Bridge while I was still working, job interfered each time. This was back when salesmen treated me to some nice golf courses occasionally.

I would probably pay the $500 to play pebble just to be able to say I played Pebble Beach. It would definitely be a once in a lifetime deal though. Most I've ever payed was $125 to play The Classic and it was a great round, superb conditions, but man was it tough!

I would consider it a once in a lifetime thing to play Pebble, it's on my bucket list for sure.

Dont forget the hotel fee for Pebble.

While I think that's awfully expensive, a place like Pebble isn't running off $75.00 green fees. That's some mighty pricey real estate it sits on my friend. Supply and demand, and the demand is there.

Kevin
Scalping is illegal...though the demand is there. :)

Taking advantage of a situation like that just because you can is wrong IMHO. Be it tickets at a sporting event, or greens fees at Pebble Beach.

If you can be here Saturday, we can play to ceebrate my B-Day, lol.

Well, I was in Birmingham on company business back then so it was a paid trip, you going to pay the travel expenses? :D

$500 is not in my range, but I would pay a premium for Pebble.
I've paid $150 a few times, but not too often.
It's the $70-$90 courses that I rarely find memorable after the fact. Sweet spot for me is under $60 or over the $100 from time to time.

Heck, I can't afford the round, lol. I thought you were gonna cover it. :D
Well, I was in Birmingham on company business back then so it was a paid trip, you going to pay the travel expenses? :D

I still wouldn't pay that, even for PB. I played an unreal course this spring, Flinthills National, green fee's are $300 but didn't hit my pocket. If I was a wealthy person, sure, but not the case.

I've payed around $100 a couple times for some really nice courses, but doesn't happen often. I'm glad I don't get tempted by having the opportunity to play Pebble though... eventually the temptation would get to be too much to resist

I've played it and it was well worth it. There are a few courses I'd pay to play no matter the cost. My memories will be with me forever and I'll play it again one day soon.

I would. The most I have paid is $325 I think to play the Blue Monster.

$85 has been my top price so far. Have played $125 rounds before, but someone else covered he expense. I do play $65 courses on occassation, but always looking for a deal.

Back