Best Golf Pants for the Money??

Snyperx

Reaction score
Handicap
35.3L
I am looking at picking up a couple of pairs of golf pants. I was looking at some IZODS and Ashworth pants on TGW. Any thoughts on either of these brands? I don't want to spend $75 on a pair of Nike pants.

I am looking at picking up a couple of pairs of golf pants. I was looking at some IZODS and Ashworth pants on TGW. Any thoughts on either of these brands? I don't want to spend $75 on a pair of Nike pants.

Do you have outlet malls near you? You can get high end clothing on the cheap. Reebok is now carrying Ashworth. Nike outlets has pants for $40...no outlets, try TJ maxx, Ross or marshals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Fairway Styles is having a summer sale. Check it out...

I tried on a pair of top of the line Izod golf shorts at the outlet. I don't know if it was they were defects that they came from an outlet, or just the way they were cut, but the pockets weren't "closed on the side pockets. I'm a skinny guy so this is not a normal issue for me.

I just can't bring myself to pay full price for a pair of golf shorts, I was dissapointed that they did not work out.

I tried on a pair of top of the line Izod golf shorts at the outlet. I don't know if it was they were defects that they came from an outlet, or just the way they were cut, but the pockets weren't "closed on the side pockets. I'm a skinny guy so this is not a normal issue for me.

I just can't bring myself to pay full price for a pair of golf shorts, I was dissapointed that they did not work out.

I had a similar experience with izod shorts at an outlet in Dallas.. Glad to see it wasn't just me

Tap tap taparoo

Make sure to read the reviews on the brands on the home page.
Ashworth has been covered quite a few times.
You have to check the material closely on Ashworth apparel, because a lot of times they are using a predominantly cotton blend in pants which can lead to some tough things on a hot day.

There is no "best", because pants are going to fit every person differently. There are lots of great deals to be had out there on both major brands and the boutique brands.

Make sure to read the reviews on the brands on the home page.
Ashworth has been covered quite a few times.
You have to check the material closely on Ashworth apparel, because a lot of times they are using a predominantly cotton blend in pants which can lead to some tough things on a hot day.

There is no "best", because pants are going to fit every person differently. There are lots of great deals to be had out there on both major brands and the boutique brands.

You're obviously not a fan of cotton, and I get that. What material blends do you recommend?

adidas and Nike pants fit me the best

You're obviously not a fan of cotton, and I get that. What material blends do you recommend?

I love cotton. Huge fan.
Just not a fan when I am doing a physical activity under the sun, wearing a material that holds moisture instead of wicking it away.
For golf I like a good poly blend. Something that has a little spandex in it for the stretch.

I had a pair of Slazenger golf pants from Dick's that I liked quite a bit. They are affordable but they only last a golf season and a half. Very comfortable though.

I had a pair of Slazenger golf pants from Dick's that I liked quite a bit. They are affordable but they only last a golf season and a half. Very comfortable though.

Dick's always has a clearance rack that you can get some nice pants for cheap. I alway but my shorts, pants and shirts as the winter stuff is coming out.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Try to find a tj maxx or Marshalls. I've gotten Izod, ashworth, nike and adidas golf shorts and pants and have paid between 16 and 30 dollars a pair. Trade off is that it's hit ans miss and of course selection is nothing. Think i will hit Marshalls on my lunch break. Also have noticed the Pebble Beach brand is starting to come out with some great colors and patterns in both shirt and shorts, anybody ever try this.

Try to find a tj maxx or Marshalls. I've gotten Izod, ashworth, nike and adidas golf shorts and pants and have paid between 16 and 30 dollars a pair. Trade off is that it's hit ans miss and of course selection is nothing. Think i will hit Marshalls on my lunch break. Also have noticed the Pebble Beach brand is starting to come out with some great colors and patterns in both shirt and shorts, anybody ever try this.

The PB brand is made in the same factory as Van Heusen and/or Haggar. If you like those two brands, the PB line will be well liked as well.

i like my stromberg and lindeberg trousers (pants)

we dont need to worry about cotton blend as we never get any sunshine ..!!! July and its still raining buckets

Be sure to regularly check the Deal of the Day thread powered by DawgDaddy. Great bargains on shorts/pants in there lately. I bought multiple pair of the Ashworth and Adidas shorts and have been happy with both. And polyester or polyester blend only for me.

In terms of personal preference:

- Nike
- adidas
- Slazenger

I have not spent much time with the other brands, although I do like what Puma is doing, and the Sligo lines are ALWAYS impressive.

Don't count out a lot of your local men's shops because of price. Our local shop has to compete with all the big box stores and they do it with style rather than price, but they rotate a lot of Nike and Adidas stuff to the bargan rack rather quickly to move more inventory. I buy a lot of my clothes there and cheap.

If you have a TJMAXX then you might want to check there. I was able to pick up a pair of under armour for $30.

Thanks guys/gals. Great responses. I saw that Golfsmith sells the Lynx brand of golf apparel. They had polyester pants for $20 a pair. Only thing is I am not sure how good a brand that is.

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/307206/Lynx/Flat_Front_Pant

UPDATE: Picked up two pair of IZOD G pants from TGW for $31 a pair plus a Bridgestone hat.

Last edited:
If you're looking for something even cheaper and aren't worried about having a "golf" brand name, Haggar Cool 18s are a good pant to consider. Seen them in JCPenney for about $35, but you can find them also on eBay for usually $25 or less.

check http://www.golflocker.com for some good deals. I got all of my nike pants there for around $45 if i remember correctly. Nike and Puma are my favorite too.

Haggar Cool 18s are a good pant to consider. Seen them in JCPenney for about $35, but you can find them also on eBay for usually $25 or less.

That's weird you put this up. I had never heard of them until this weekend when I went to a sale at BELKS dept. store and found them. They're pretty nice and I'll go back for more.

If you're looking for something even cheaper and aren't worried about having a "golf" brand name, Haggar Cool 18s are a good pant to consider. Seen them in JCPenney for about $35, but you can find them also on eBay for usually $25 or less.

I actually have a couple pairs of the Cool 18, but have had quality issues. The pairs I have had the seam under the right pocket fails (both pairs same place).

So far I am liking the IZOD G pants. Pretty comfortable for the most part, but wish they were a little more loose in the thighs when sitting. I don't have the smallest thighs mind you.

Back