Matrix 6M3 Shaft Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
TC, my friend, this was one of the best shaft reviews I have seen. Not because of the results, but because of how you explained how the shaft is intended to perform during the swing. While I don't think I have the SS to get after this, Matrix seems to have put together a shaft that truly can change the game off the tee for a large range of golfers.

Very well done!!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I'm with Cookie, great review. I almost feel like I've hit the shaft now. I bet its too low launching for me, but I would really like to try this shaft out in strong flex.

Our ball speed numbers are very similar, so maybe stiff would work for me, and get me a little bit of extra launch.

Good stuff dude! I'd love to try it sometime.

One of the better reviews that I've read Lucas. Great job dude. Doesn't look like I fit into this shaft

Great review Lucas! Wow an increase to 10.8 FIRs. That is very nice! I love a low launching shaft and hope to get to try this one out some day.

I want this shaft. I have one of Matrix's higher-spinning offerings, and I love it, but I would like to lower my fight more. Keep it at this weight? Count me in! Great review TC! Very well-written and informative! Plus it looks fantastic! Thanks TC!

Excellent review TC, your best one to date. Sounds like you have a winner on your hands with this shaft, does it stay in the driver?

There are a few times in life that you have to believe everything you read....this is one of those moments. No doubt in my mind that technology may actually pass talent, one day. The results speak for themselves. Game changing shaft in the right hands! Thx for the review and reducing my golf funds for 2012.

That was solid. This place keeps teaching more and more.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Great review! I really need to get an R11(s)/RBZ so I can do all this fancy shaft changing with the tips and all that.

Very good review TC! This shaft may not fit my game but I need to check out other Matrix shafts for sure.

Great review. I really like the Matrix shafts as they have performed well for me in the past. Now, that I am starting to pay a little more attention to my shafts, I am really curious about this one. Thanks again for a great review and introducing this shaft to us.

Stud like review dude! After seeing what you wrote about how this shaft feels, it has to be tried! Loved how you detail how the shaft tech works.

Dude, what a great review TC. Wish this was around when I went through my fitting last year so I could have matched it up against my Mitsubishi Diamana Kai Li Shaft.. The 6M3 sounds sick!

Excellent review TC, your best one to date. Sounds like you have a winner on your hands with this shaft, does it stay in the driver?

As of right now, there's no way it comes out of the driver. What's interesting is that although the launch angle has decreased, the ball speed is up, so I'm not really losing distance, although I'm not gaining much compared to what was in the driver previously. The biggest difference is that the ball doesn't seem to fade like I'm accustomed to so I've never been so comfortable hitting driver off the tee.

Thanks everyone for the comments, it means a lot. I know that was one of my longer reviews. It wasn't meant to be but that's how it ended up.

Much like Yoccos, I went into this one thinking it would be too much shaft for me, but I do wonder if it could work out after reading a few things you've said and seeing some increase in my swing speed. Hoping to give this one some swings at the outing. Tons of great information here, TC.

Well, I imagine that some of you could easily utilize the firm flex. It's not a very stout or rigid feeling shaft at all.

Not only was this very informative toward the product you reviewed but it also taught me a lot that I didn't know in terms of different shaft technology and terminology. Great work on the review and I am 100% intrigued and can't wait to demo this thing. Quick question for you, seeing how there is a strong and an X-stiff up from the stiff you tested do you see any need for you and your swing to step up to a strong or even X-stiff or was that stiff plenty stout enough for you to really go after it?

Not only was this very informative toward the product you reviewed but it also taught me a lot that I didn't know in terms of different shaft technology and terminology. Great work on the review and I am 100% intrigued and can't wait to demo this thing. Quick question for you, seeing how there is a strong and an X-stiff up from the stiff you tested do you see any need for you and your swing to step up to a strong or even X-stiff or was that stiff plenty stout enough for you to really go after it?

The Stiff was very suitable to be honest. The only way I'd be going xsfiff is if I were to put one in a hybrid. I would consider going Strong flex but I'm pretty pleased with the Stiff's performance. Peace of mind I guess. What's really cool is that with each level of stiffness you increase, the weight only increases 1 gram. That's pretty badass.

One thing I love about Matrix is all the flexes they offer. I'll take a firm please.

The Stiff was very suitable to be honest. The only way I'd be going xsfiff is if I were to put one in a hybrid. I would consider going Strong flex but I'm pretty pleased with the Stiff's performance. Peace of mind I guess. What's really cool is that with each level of stiffness you increase, the weight only increases 1 gram. That's pretty badass.
That is really awesome and something you just don't really see. Matrix has their stuff figured out.

If I stiff can hold up to your swing I'm pretty confident that it would be all the shaft I'd need as well. I hope to be able to knock a few around with one of these in May.

One thing I love about Matrix is all the flexes they offer. I'll take a firm please.

Yes!!! Dude, this baby is significantly lower launching than the Radix, but I think Kmac would be digging on some RUL.

Yes!!! Dude, this baby is significantly lower launching than the Radix, but I think Kmac would be digging on some RUL.

Yeah I think it would be a good shaft matched up with the correct head. Which club did you test this one in again?

Reactions: TC
Yeah I think it would be a good shaft matched up with the correct head. Which club did you test this one in again?

LOL, the Taylormade R9.

Back