Matrix RUL 60 Shaft Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Another solid review TC! This one sounds more up my alley than the M3 and I really appreciate the mention of a nice fluid swing delivered the best results. Mid-launch is also music to my ears.

As always, you immediately know its a Matrix and it looks awesome. Thanks for the review!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Very good review TC. I don't know if this one would fit my swing as well as the M3, but it can't hurt to try! I look forward to giving this a swing sometime! Thanks for the review!

Nice review TC! Kinda cool that you go to test this shaft knowing nothing about it. Judging from this review and the M3 looks like Matrix is really bringing it!

Another great review TC! I’m thinking of the 2, this is the shaft for me. I like the color as well. Man I wish I had a place around here that had a ton of shafts to try

Boom Baby! Another great review by Lucas. Nice job on the review. I can’t wait to get one of the new Matrix shafts in my hand.

Another great review TC! I’m thinking of the 2, this is the shaft for me. I like the color as well. Man I wish I had a place around here that had a ton of shafts to try

I think the RUL would fit a lot of guys on THP that I know and have seen hit balls. It's very Radix like, but probably a bit lower launching a bit lower spinning. It does look fantastic too!

Honestly, I kept thinking about how sweet this shaft would look with a white VDR grip, in the new R11S driver, lol

I think the RUL would fit a lot of guys on THP that I know and have seen hit balls. It's very Radix like, but probably a bit lower launching a bit lower spinning. It does look fantastic too!

Honestly, I kept thinking about how sweet this shaft would look with a white VDR grip, in the new R11S driver, lol

That sounds really nice! I can't wait to try on of these out at the outing.

Fantastic review TC. I love the mention of what type of swing works best and I also really was excited when I saw the launch numbers. I'm going to look at this and M3 pretty hard. my only reservation would be with my miss it's because I get overly aggressive and send it left with a long high hook OOB. Still, I'm pretty excited about the Matrix offering. I know this questions are purely subjective but was this just as smooth as the M3 throughout the swing?

Good stuff TC! I am very interested to hear more about this one as it sounds like it would work well for me in the J40. Have you hit the C. Kua 43S and if so is this in the same ballpark?

Fantastic review TC. I love the mention of what type of swing works best and I also really was excited when I saw the launch numbers. I'm going to look at this and M3 pretty hard. my only reservation would be with my miss it's because I get overly aggressive and send it left with a long high hook OOB. Still, I'm pretty excited about the Matrix offering. I know this questions are purely subjective but was this just as smooth as the M3 throughout the swing?

Definitely!

Good stuff TC! I am very interested to hear more about this one as it sounds like it would work well for me in the J40. Have you hit the C. Kua 43S and if so is this in the same ballpark?

The only C. Kua's I've really ever tried were the stock one in the Cleveland SL 290 and the stock shaft in the FL 3wood. Both were stiff flex. I don't know if they were the 43S one's off the top of my head, but I think the RUL is a bit lower launching than those.

Definitely!

The only C. Kua's I've really ever tried were the stock one in the Cleveland SL 290 and the stock shaft in the FL 3wood. Both were stiff flex. I don't know if they were the 43S one's off the top of my head, but I think the RUL is a bit lower launching than those.

That should be the 43S if you used a stiff flex.

Great review TC. Seeing as though I like to really get after the driver I am not sure this would fit me as well as the 6M3, but I would be willing to give it a shot.

Nicely done again on the review. Happy to see you didn't lose much distance at all (only 3 yards?), but I sure like the 2.3 (10.8 v 8.5) more FWH per round that you were seeing with the 6M3!

Thanks!

This one sounds like another solid offering from Matrix. Might be a little high launching for your taste, but those numbers still look really solid. Another one to throw on the list to try at the outing. Great job on these two shaft reviews, Luke!

Definitely!

Thanks TC for the insight. I'm now leaning towards seeing if I can request this or the M3. The C Kua 59 I had in my 310 sounds much like this one and I had great success. Also seems like its spins a little less but not too much. man I'm really excited about the matrix offerings!

Nice work TC, some good info for a relatively blind test. I wonder if an X would fit better for your swing or any one with a similar swing vs a stiff. Looks like Matrix will be outfitting a broad range of golfers, nice.

Great write up there TC!! While my search for a shaft is on hold till after my lessons you have really caught my attention with this shaft! A mid spin mid ball flight may just be what I am looking for, but we will see what happens after the lessons.

Great review Lucas, Matrix is really stacking their deck and making it hard not to consider them as perhaps one of the top shaft companies in the world. You had some really good numbers with that shaft, that launch angle might be a little high for you, correct? Otherwise pretty solid stuff, thanks!

Nice work TC, some good info for a relatively blind test. I wonder if an X would fit better for your swing or any one with a similar swing vs a stiff. Looks like Matrix will be outfitting a broad range of golfers, nice.

Or even the Strong loft to be honest. I wouldn't mind trying the RUL 60 in a XStiff flex though, that's for sure.

Great review Lucas, Matrix is really stacking their deck and making it hard not to consider them as perhaps one of the top shaft companies in the world. You had some really good numbers with that shaft, that launch angle might be a little high for you, correct? Otherwise pretty solid stuff, thanks!

The launch angle was a little higher than I would want but like I said in the review, I could easily live with those numbers.

Great job TC! The last time I had a Matrix shaft in a driver was when I owned the TaylorMade Limited Edition driver. I loved the feel of that shaft and this one sounds like it might be a winner as well.

Nice job once again TC....your reviews are further opening my mind to all the other shaft options that are out there for me that I may have previously thought were beyond my skill level. Well done!

This really was a great review chock full of useful information. Ive enjoyed the last few shaft reviews and Im sure it has a lot to do with the quality shaft that Matix is producing. Id like to be Team Matrix in my whole bag. Hi Matrix, :call-me:

TC, what a great review. Sounds like another winner for Matrix. Maybe I'll get a RUL for my next 3 wood.....

Back