Finlay growing up

Slammin'SAM

Never a flatbelly
Reaction score
Handicap
Rare play
It is amazing how fast a puppy turns into a dog. Finlay is almost 4 months old now - he has been sleeping all the way thru the night for nearly a month, he has grown from a handful of fluff to over 4.5 lbs (target wejght was 6, but I expect at least 7 now the way he is sprouting). He is a ball of energy and loves to fetch, to wrestle, to tug-of-war, and especially to RUN. He cannot be caught he he doesn't want to be caught. Someday he will be a lap dog at least some of the time, but he rarely has the patience for that now - he wants to PLAY!!! I just thought I would stick a few recent pics here since I have shown him here since before we got him.

DSCN1766.jpg

DSCN1835.jpg

That is one Happy looking Dog. Nice picture.

Haha, what a cute little guy. I can hear him now "Come on dad, let's go go go"

Good looking dog, SS! Our baby puppy dog turned into a small horse!

For some reason I am not seeing the pic right now however I bet he is a little stud master!

Adorable little pup you got there Sam!

DSCN1814.jpg

The last two pics were yesterday - we took pics while it rained. Finlay is too cute for words and pictures don't do justice. My avatar is Bentley, the first Maltese that owned us. Finlay does so many things like Bentley and makes many of the same sounds - loves to growl while playing tug-of-war, for instance. But, he has his own little personality and is a total joy to have around.

Cute dog, hopefully he calms down just a little bit and becomes a lapdog.

Just showed these pic's to Liz, she want's him, haha. Maybe I can finally start looking for a new pup.

Cute pup! I wish my dog was still little! Now he's just big and stupid! :D

lol...very cute.

Very Cute!! Forgive me for being stupid...but how big do Maltese get...my GF wants a new dog

Very cute dog! Our Frenchie Kona (my avatar) - her like best friend is a little Maltese named Charlie. Malteses are such cute dogs with tremendous personalities.

Very Cute!! Forgive me for being stupid...but how big do Maltese get...my GF wants a new dog

Maltese stay small - Finlay looks like he is gonna be a real bruiser of 7 lbs at the rate he is growing, but his parents were 4.5 mom and 6.0 dad. Mostly they run 5-6 lbs. Their hair grows as long as you let it, but they absolutely do not shed - I can hold him wearing black and not find a hair on me. Most people keep them trimmed at 1-3 inches of hair. Maltese have wonderful personalities, and keep a puppy playfulness their entire lives. They are also very teachable - Finlay was doing "sit" and "speak" at two months, and at 4 is apparently house-trained. Great little dogs!

Maltese are great dogs. Totally fun. A good friend of mine has one and after a lifetime of disliking men, this little malti will never ever leave me alone. It it isn't play then he'll jump on the coach and force his way under my hand.

Omg - Finlay is so cute. I could just snuggle him all day!! He is one good lookin pup. I remember my Pekingnese's puppy days. Puppies grow up so fast and dogs definitely don't live as long as I would like them too. I did forget about the puppy night wakings - that I don't miss. Awesome to hear he is potty trained already!

Back