I realized I was addicted to golf when....

When I left my previous employer to start a golf website.

Nothing wrong with that. You made a lot of people happy and shook up the golf site landscape in a big way.

when I turned down a free steak dinner from my parents so I could sit at home and watch Tiger in the Masters

Dude, I hope you have a DVR by now!

Reminds me of a joke I heard once. Two older gentlemen are out playing golf when a funeral procession drives by. The first older gentleman quits playing removes his hat and stands in silence till the procession passes. The other gentleman looks at the first and asks if he knew the person that passed. The first says, "Well its the least I can do we were married for 35 years."

But seriously I'm addicted as well. When you spend the majority of your day roaming a golf website and the other portion on the course you know your an addict.

When I sold my bassboat after realizing I never used it anymore.

:laughing: at air swings. Yup, I do those at church while standing up for prayer (only with my body though, no arms). I am going straight to hell, aint I?

1. Instead of counting sheep I do a play by play of the round I just had or am about to have the next morning. Each shot, Each hole.

2. After I put my little boy to bed I go out side and chip balls into a box until I go to bed , unless I am on THP reading the latest.

1 I took a 10 point Pope and Young buck off the wall to hang up a picture of the 17th at Sawgrass
2 Went from full camo clothing the Climalite clothing
3 Walked into my living room after reading this and saw all the drivers , putters, bags, and golf balls, I could start a driving range with the 4 plastic milk creates full of golf balls all brands and models.
Golf has pretty much taken over for everything I use to do, Hunt, Fish ,play Billiards

When I got married at 11am and was playing a "quick 9" at 1:30pm before our 6pm flight for the honeymoon! Took my clubs with me too and played 3 times in the 5 days!

No wonder that marriage didn't last :rofl:

When:
... I have $2000 of less than 2 year old clubs and am still looking for something more.

... anytime the family mentions wanting to do something or go somewhere I instantly think, "When and where will I golf?"

... I spend too much time checking THP while "working"

I could go on and on...

...you win a big tournament at your club while having a heart attack.

ps: this happened to me a two weeks ago this Sunday. I didn't know I was having a heart attack, I was just in a whole lot of pain during a team match play event. lol

...you win a big tournament at your club while having a heart attack.

ps: this happened to me a two weeks ago this Sunday. I didn't know I was having a heart attack, I was just in a whole lot of pain during a team match play event. lol

whoa, that's crazy, and scary, man.

i knew I was addicted when..
..I was deciding on a major for college and was interested in the careers that let golf most (a couple years and unfortunatly thousands of semi-wasted dollars later I realized "duh, if you want to play a lot of golf, work in the golf industry", which has lead me down the current path of saving cash to go the gaoa and eventually pass the pat to become certified by the pga. it's going to be a long road to hoe, but it's the only thing I want to do)

...I was golfing everyday in november, in wisconsin, until the ground finally got to hard, it snowed and the courses closed because i needed to golf. (which ended on an 18 hole round at turtle back in rice lake [nice place] where it was barely 30 degrees, if it even got that warm, with plenty of freezing wind to go around)

...when after the course closed, on a balmy november day, i snuck on to a nearby course and played 7 holes because I couldn't risk wasting such a nice afternoon while starring down the barrel of many months of snow in the near future.

...when I started watching the lpga, senior and nationwide tours on a regular to semi-regular basis

New member here, love the site. I realized I was addicted to golf when i'd tee it up regardless of the weather....cold or hot outside, drizzle, frozen ground whatever. Also keep coming back after scoring a really terrible round the previous day. Can't get enough golf that's for sure. Start getting that itch about every few days or so.

I took a $279 speeding ticket because I was late for a tee time.

I took a 1452 dollar speeding ticket for the same reason..

And also when I started measuring all distances in different clubs. Oh, that is a easy pw away, and that`s about a good drive away.

When I spent my summers in high school, back in the early 60s, either working at the golf course or playing round after round on that nine hole course. I was there from daylight to dark and loved it.

When you wear flip flops, it looks like you're wearing socks from your tan!

When the trunk of your car looks like mini golf retailer. Clubs, 6 dozen balls, 2 pairs of shoes, a pair of shorts, and 2 shirts because you never know when you might need them!

You go to sleep the night before a round excited like a kid on Christmas Eve!

.........I actually had the money to play as much as I wanted to.

When you wear flip flops, it looks like you're wearing socks from your tan!

When the trunk of your car looks like mini golf retailer. Clubs, 6 dozen balls, 2 pairs of shoes, a pair of shorts, and 2 shirts because you never know when you might need them!

You go to sleep the night before a round excited like a kid on Christmas Eve!

Perfectly put for me.

Just add - You have more putters than the number of allowed clubs in your bag - and that's a homerun for me.

Don't know if this was said - but I was buying golf magazines in stores when I already had a subscription to it... - Oh look, a golf magazine!

Just now, that I realize that I am watching the PGA Tour on tv, reading a golfing forum and a different golf blog and have golf magazine next to me and thinking how much I cant wait to bust out my new bag of tricks on the weekend after I have not played in three weeks due to work and injury.

On top of that, that fact that I am giving up smoking to improve my health and golf too for that matter.

When I told my current girlfriend that when we get married it has to be at a place with a golf course so I can play the day before and the day after (and maybe 9 holes the day of!)

im up at 4:30 am putting on my rug (which runs about a 9) waiting for my 8:30 tee time.

I took a 1452 dollar speeding ticket for the same reason..

And also when I started measuring all distances in different clubs. Oh, that is a easy pw away, and that`s about a good drive away.

LOL. I totally feel ya.... 97 in a 65 because I was late for the first round of the club championship.

When you plan your workday around spending a 1/2 hour at the range during lunch and taking off a little early to play 9 in the evening.

LOL. I totally feel ya.... 97 in a 65 because I was late for the first round of the club championship.

The police really should be more understanding towards us when we are late for a tee time, don`t they understand the importance of hitting a few balls before playing a round of golf. :D

Back