Bridgestone/Webb Simpson?

JeffReedMO

Banned
Reaction score
I was on "The Google" looking up if Bridgestone had any of it's balls win a major and their Wikipedia page came up. It listed a staff roster and in parentheses it said Webb Simpson, with a disclaimer at the bottom saying Bridgestone was currently in the process of signing Simpson. That struck me as odd since Simpson was at Hyundai repping Titleist and I don't remember any player of Simpson caliber, let alone any player, switching equipment at the start of the season or in season at all. Is Wikipedia's page wrong? Anyone else heard anything on this? I searched THP and didn't pull anything up. It would be a hell of a sign for Bridgestone, I just don't think it is true.

I imagine that is wrong. Simpson has Titleist on everything he owns -- bag, hat, ball, clubs. They don't even make his clubs anymore he's used them so long.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It's Wikipedia. It is most likely wrong.

Wikipedia is where facts go to die.

It's Wikipedia. It is most likely wrong.

Wikipedia is where facts go to die.

LOL, true statement for sure. I take everything that I read on wiki with a grain of salt. If it seems out of sorts you need to continue to research the article. I too doubt Webb S is a Bridgestone rep anytime soon.

It's Wikipedia, feel free to click the "Edit" button up on the top right and change it to whatever you would like. It may not last long, but you could do it.

Hell it's wikipedia, you can edit and add your own name to their tour staff if you want...LOL

It's Wikipedia. It must be true

It's Wikipedia, feel free to click the "Edit" button up on the top right and change it to whatever you would like. It may not last long, but you could do it.

I did this with a writing assignment for my students to see who uses Wiki as a crutch. Assigned the paper, went there and changed subtle things, 90% came back using the wrong facts I put in. Sad.

Pretty sure most kids can't even use real encyclopedia's now.

I did this with a writing assignment for my students to see who uses Wiki as a crutch. Assigned the paper, went there and changed subtle things, 90% came back using the wrong facts I put in. Sad.

Pretty sure most kids can't even use real encyclopedia's now.

That's sad. I remember I loved our encyclopedias when I was little.

That's sad. I remember I loved our encyclopedias when I was little.

I've still got and use my old set of Britannica's I got as a child. I love them, then again I actually love to learn.

I pretty much figured this was bogus, but thought I would run it past the golf experts at THP.

Back