How hard the game really is!

achase215

Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
Well was at the range today hitting and some younger guy (22) comes out with a permisson driver and an old school 5 iron. He promptly shanks the first 5 shots, and is still looking around to see if anyone is watching. He then comes up to me and says he was thinking about making a career of playing golf (ROFL). Then goes into his story of how he was playing Putt Putt and doing well so he thought he would try it as a career. He could not believe how hard the game actually was it was funny. I did end up helping the guy out and got his grip and alignment better and at the end of my session helping him out he was at least hitting it 150 yards with driver. Look for him on the PGA tour very soon.

JC

Well was at the range today hitting and some younger guy (22) comes out with a permisson driver and an old school 5 iron. He promptly shanks the first 5 shots, and is still looking around to see if anyone is watching. He then comes up to me and says he was thinking about making a career of playing golf (ROFL). Then goes into his story of how he was playing Putt Putt and doing well so he thought he would try it as a career. He could not believe how hard the game actually was it was funny. I did end up helping the guy out and got his grip and alignment better and at the end of my session helping him out he was at least hitting it 150 yards with driver. Look for him on the PGA tour very soon.

JC

That's funny at least you were kind enough to help out. I'll keep my eye out for him on tour.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Definitely felt bad for the guy. The misconception that this game is easy never ceases to amaze me. The damn guys on TV make it look way to easy. Putt Putt is not real golf they should have a disclaimer at those places.

If one needs a disclaimer at a putt putt place, they have bigger problems than thinking real golf is easy!

what the hell is putt putt?

mini-golf.

is it bad that I refuse to play mini golf because I fear it will affect my putting?

i love going to the range and seeing the difference in talent there. i always think how hard the game is when seeing some people struggle so much. Even there today there was a guy who was hitting the wood yardage markers over and over again and the other guy next to me didn't hit a decent shot the whole time i was there.

JC

Now this is funny! Good of you to help him out though! :D

cant wait to watch this guy on Sunday at the Masters!

So when did you start golfing?

"Well just one day after coming off a stellar round of mini golf, I thought hey, the rest of the game can't be too hard right?"

Wow, just unreal. I hope he didnt quit his job on a whim and decide to turn professional after a day of putt putt. If he did, and was that bad on the range, he has bigger problems than trying to hit a golf ball.

that's just too funny

Haha. Wow

Yeah it's funny that people are taken by surprise at how hard golf is. They're probably the same ones that think hitting a 97 mile an hour fastball would be pretty easy as well. Anything is easy in your own delusional mind.

Putting together our scramble team for the corporate outing and a young lady, she's new, says she would like to play. Her credentials are putt putt. Funny this thread showed up.

Funny story . Very nice of you to help him out

Two things:

Concerning Putt Putt--It just hasn't been the same since they quit making Putt Putt holes with Plaster Dinosaurs and Volcanoes.

I saw a guy at the range a couple weeks ago-kind of unusual looking guy, early 50's or so, top and whiff one shot after another, then get on his cell phone right there and whine loudly "Mom, I just can't figure out how to do this!!" I am not making this up. I guess I'm not that kind, but I didn't offer to help him out.

Putting together our scramble team for the corporate outing and a young lady, she's new, says she would like to play. Her credentials are putt putt. Funny this thread showed up.

Maybe she will turn out to be your team's Ace putter!

The "how hard can it be" thought falls into line with the "hitting a little ball across a field into a hole" thought.....I had lots of friends that thought golf was stupid and they didn't get it until you get them on the course a time or two and all of the sudden.....it hits them!

That really is amazing at 22yrs old no idea how difficult the game is. Since size and speed aren't key factors like most sports too many think anyone can do it. Even with best swings the mental part is so difficult to control that even best players look mere hackers at times.

Back