Looking for a new shaft - launching too high!

mrvandelay

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm launching my drives a bit too high and arched. I'm looking for a more penetrating flight but low spin - Mid launch maybe?

I have a Burner SF 2.0 10.5* currently with a Matrix Ozik X-Con 4.8 in S-flex.

Swing Speed is 95-100mph. Miss is a slice as a result of swinging OTT. I usually hit a fade that's manageable.

Currently I'm pondering a UST Mamiya Proforce AXIVCore Tour Green 70 in R-flex.

Any suggestions?

How about a ProLaunch Red

Sent from my DROID X2

Check Golfsmith they had cheap price on em while back

Sent from my DROID X2

That's a cheap shaft and may help you figure out if that's your problem without investing much.

My experience with high balls has been that it was more my swing than anything. Cutting across the ball (slice/fade) can cause issues with high launch and high spin that aren't easy to get rid of with equipment changes. For example, at one point a couple months ago I was swinging my driver set up (r flex/high launch) and another guys (with a very stout shaft) and there was almost no difference in the spin numbers I saw. Launch was a little lower, but results were still poor due to the backspin.

Have you ever been on a LM to see your numbers?

I'm fully aware I have swing flaws, I'm just looking for some help while I work through it with my instructor. Even when I hit it dead straight (happens on occasion) it's high.

It's been a month or so since I was on a LM, but I recall my spin being 3500+ and my misses were in the 4000 range. I don't recall my exact LA but it was high (not sky high though).

Gotcha - no insinuation, btw ;)

3,300 isn't that bad for spin.

I found a chart that shows the same. I'll have to jump on an LM again and verify. At the very least, I want to get the ball down even if the spin remains the same.

Have you ever tried out Graffaloy's or UST's online shaft fitting tools? They aren't perfect, but could point you in the right direction.

How about a ProLaunch Red

Sent from my DROID X2

I second that. Gaming a stiff in my Bridgestone J33R, low launch and low spin combination. I have SS of 110-113 with the driver.

Back