Cleveland Black Line - 2012 Demo Day Video

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP got a chance to talk with Chuck from Cleveland about the Black line. We want to apologize in advance for some audio buzz feedback during the shoot, but its worth listening to as Chuck has some great info here.

[video=youtube;8z-sytxP5L8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z-sytxP5L8[/video]

Last edited:
Cool video JB. Thanks for posting. Interesting about the target demographic. Obviously I knew that it was being talked about quite a bit for being so light weight but never really associated that with an age demographic.

Tap Tap Tap

Last edited:
Great vid....and JB, what a great line... "and if I'm out there, I'm stuck behind those guys." HAHA!

Even though I don't think that the Black line is the best fit for me, they are just sessy. Great info.

Cleveland Golf is for real, stepping up there game! From the Classic to the Black they have it covered and have my vote for brining it.

Great video guys, thanks for the great coverage! Really good info there about the Black line, driver specifically.

Another great video with Cleveland. That was very informative. Thanks again.

JB -Really stuck behind.. Don't hate the player man, hate the game :twist:

That was a very informative interview. Nice to hear from the source the true intended target of the product and it really does seem in line with the feedback the reviewers have posted thus far.

Nice video. Great info about the age demographic. Never heard of club design by age before.

Great video.....sounds like Cleveland really did their homework with making this line

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

The target demographic explains quite a bit about the shafts in these clubs, with the stiff being more like a regular and so on down the line. Although now I'm worried my SS is going to plummet in 3 years when I reach their target demographic starting age.

The target demographic explains quite a bit about the shafts in these clubs, with the stiff being more like a regular and so on down the line. Although now I'm worried my SS is going to plummet in 3 years when I reach their target demographic starting age.

Dude, you'll still be ripping your drives in 10 years, man, I've seen your swing.

Great info in the video. I guess I am getting closer to that demographic, as I turn 40 in a few weeks. No matter who this club was designed for, I still love it and thank Cleveland for the opportunity to test it.

Dude, you'll still be ripping your drives in 10 years, man, I've seen your swing.

Lets hope so... Ole Gray's still going strong, it gives me hope. Back to the Cleveland line though... this whole line of clubs looks unbelievably good... I wish it was designed more for my current game, I love the look so much.

Lets hope so... Ole Gray's still going strong, it gives me hope. Back to the Cleveland line though... this whole line of clubs looks unbelievably good... I wish it was designed more for my current game, I love the look so much.

Agreed. I absolutely adore the look, but it isn't designed for my game either....but you'll be seeing me with a Classic come late February. Cleveland has just gone HAM on the market this year.

Very informative interview...many those irons look great with the all black Miyasaki graphite shafts!

Really good interview. He makes a good point about the people who play the most golf and it's not something that I really noticed. You old timers get to play a lot of golf! MMMMM at Miyazaki iron shafts

Really good interview. He makes a good point about the people who play the most golf and it's not something that I really noticed. You old timers get to play a lot of golf! MMMMM at Miyazaki iron shafts

As soon as I get my tax return I am going to do something stupid and buy the CG Black irons with those shafts...so not really that stupid ;)

As soon as I get my tax return I am going to do something stupid and buy the CG Black irons with those shafts...so not really that stupid ;)

Great set of irons dude. I actually think I hit that set better than all the others down in FL

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Really great interview. I like how Cleveland is really stepping their game up across the board. From a wedge company to an everything company. They are putting out quality clubs and I can't wait to get a set of 588 CB's

Great interview JB...I had not heard the design philosophy behind these, but it is great that a major OEM is paying attention to such a key demographic.

Very good interview, I found the intended demographic interesting, although I imagine the driver and irons would benefit anyone who prefers a smooth relaxed swing to gain a little speed.

As good as this interview was seeing the different combinations of clubs and shafts was great! If you could dream it they had it

Nice interview with Chuck. I don't think I hit the driver last month, but I did hit the fairway and played a round with the irons. I liked a lot of what I saw from them. The lightweight shafts took a bit to get used to, but they were pretty stout.

Great vid! Those irons with the Miyazaki shafts are extremely interesting to me along with that driver. Wish spring would hurry up and get here.

Back