The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be curious to see what staff bags are options or provided. I won't try to anticipate anything in particular.

Me too...both companies have some of the nicest looking staff bags out there right now in my opinion.

I would be willing to bet that as it pertains to apparel, the participants will not see it until FL. Just like with the tour pros. Risking stains, wrinkles or other issues is something the companies most likely will not want to deal with.

Makes sense to me...I hope everything fits!

Thanks for the information on that. I completely understand the reasoning on it, and it's actually good because that's less stuff I have to worry about leaving at home before making the trip to Florida! My only concern would be breaking in new shoes, but from what I've heard, the Adidas shoes are pretty good right out of the box in terms of comfort, so that shouldn't be a big issue.

The shoes are my only concern as well. While I've never worn them, I'm sure Callaway shoes are top notch, but blisters are no fun.

To be honest, I think out match is going to come down to who is putting better. We are all capable of hitting fairways and greens. I am going to start grinding hard on 10 footers this week, Bubba style.

I like it DD...lots of time on the putting green will definitely pay off in a few weeks.

Evening Ladies. Just got home from the first 36 holes of the weekend, and it went ok. It was misarable out there, windy, and constant rain, I and was really the only idiot out on the course. Started with the Valley course 70.8, 130, 6400 yards, shot a 86 which was ok considering the conditions. I was driving the ball well, putting incredibly well, but the irons really let my down. The fact that they are 3* too upright for me right now is killing me, want to see a big `draw`come play with me right now.

Then I played the Mountain course and the weather was better but still pretty nasty. The Mountain course plays 72.9 --147, 6750 yards and again, driving it great, chipping was good, putting was again just awesome, but the irons were just ok. I played the `draw`a little better than I did in the morning and played well coming in for a 85. I think I can go low tomorrow, as the goal of this weekend was to work on the game and I wanted to get my HC to 10 or lower. The two rounds today dropped my HC to 11.5 so its getting closer, but I`m going to need some low rounds tomorrow to drop a point and a half.
When the great new TaylorMade irons get here I know single digits await me.

Good playing CB...keep it up my friend!

One-T's is at home with a pregnant wife. He's out partying as much as RxGus is posting on THP.

Well, I guess that cats out of the bag.

I feel great this morning, I woke up...performed open heart surgury....doctor.

Off to the range and course, I will fill you all in after my round.

I have no built up anything with you cg, I just like messin with you.

Aha

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Five wood for ya one t- 218 yard par 3 11th to 10 feet

Get it!!
c6e4e06b-f82a-b155.jpg

got a charity scramble tournament this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing if I can carry over my tee game from Friday's round. Luckily I don't tee off until 2ish so I can finish watching The Open Championship in the clubhouse.

330 surrounded by water par 4/

Match is square do you hit driver??

c6e4e06b-02ac-9a4c.jpg

Onet knows what I hit

Yeap 5w ftw

My pitch to 3 feet- partner said putt it d&$!

c6e4e06b-04c9-e4d1.jpg

My pitch to 3 feet- partner said putt it d&$!

c6e4e06b-04c9-e4d1.jpg

If you don't expect to have to putt those out at the Morgan Cup, you're in for a rude awakening.

If you don't expect to have to putt those out at the Morgan Cup, you're in for a rude awakening.

Its a competition of course I'll be putting those.

He was being funny. That's all

Just finished another round today. Played 3 days in a row at my home course and came out with 74, 68, 74 for a 3 day total of 216(6 over par). Overall my game was pretty good. Tee shots were excellent most of the days with the exception of a few errant ones. Really hit my brand new Taylormade Rescue 2011 well off the tee over the 3 days. My wedge play today was very poor. Missed 3 greens with a full Sandwedge. Was really disappointed in that aspect of my game. I did end the day today with back to back birdies which always helps. Needed those birdies to beat a friend who rarely beats me so i had to be clutch. It's moments like that which will decide who will win the Morgan Cup. Wish i could play in it but best of luck to those in it. Here is a picture of my gps with the tracked yardage of my 3 Hybrid tee shot on the 11th hole.

0717111017.jpg

Hey fellow Morgan Cuppers, I hope you're all having a good weekend. I played in a 2 man 4 ball tourney with dad today, not sure how we fared as the results haven't posted yet. It was the first time playing since last Sunday when I set a new personal best (73). I played well today, shot a 76 (par 71, 13 pars and 5 bogeys) but it was my putting that really kept me from going real low today. I had 2 ugly 3 putts and missed a ton of birdie putts that were well within range that I should be making. I'm hitting the ball beautifully off the tee, only missed 3 FWs today, and right now I have tons of confidence with the Razr X Tour irons, I hit 12 GIR. I love where my game is at right now though, it was hot as hell and humid today, just what I needed. All in all it was a pretty good day out there.

PS- Congrats One-T.

Good Round P4B. keep up the good work and the flat stick will come around. you just need to see a nice long putt go down to get some confidence going.

Nice round, Jake!

Team Hackers!

Shot a 79 today on a 73.3/124 course at 7036 yards. Not bad, my driving was real sporadic.

Nice round jake...congrats bro...I know how it feels to hit your lowest score as I just did that today.....BOOM!

Thanks for the congrats btw

Nice round jake...congrats bro...I know how it feels to hit your lowest score as I just did that today.....BOOM!

Thanks for the congrats btw

well what did you shoot?

Nice round guys...One-T kind of funny that your brother outed you like that.

Shot a 79 today on a 73.3/124 course at 7036 yards. Not bad, my driving was real sporadic.

That is an odd one around here. Normally you would not see 73.3/124. I would have guessed the 124 would have been higher.

Nice round guys...One-T kind of funny that your brother outed you like that.

Hahaha....it is funny. That's lucas for you...its all good. I don't mind people knowing I just wasn't gonna start a thread about it. So I made some fun videos today that will be loaded up tomorrow

That is an odd one around here. Normally you would not see 73.3/124. I would have guessed the 124 would have been higher.

Yah some of the slope ratings around here are real confusing. Two courses Hawk and I play at regularly have their slopes backwards as far as I am concerned. Strange.

Yah some of the slope ratings around here are real confusing. Two courses Hawk and I play at regularly have their slopes backwards as far as I am concerned. Strange.

Crazy. 73.3 on the mens side seems to normally be in the 130s around here.

Crazy. 73.3 on the mens side seems to normally be in the 130s around here.

Yah to be honest this isn't a real difficult course just really long. Maybe that has something to do with it. I'm not real educated on how stroke/slope ratings work.

http://www.scottcountyiowa.com/glynnscreek/

Thats the course maybe you can figure it out.

That is odd. The yellow tees at our course has a slope of 124 and the yardage is 5476.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back