Who's Excited for Harry Potter?!?

I have not seen any of the Harry Potter movies, none of the Lord of the Rings, and only part of the first Star Wars and I'm not sure why. It isn't because I don't think I wouldn't like them. It is just because I have never taken the time to watch them.

just got back. I saw it in IMAX 3D! All I can say is WOW!!! I haven't seen a 3D movie in years and I thought this was perfect for it.

Have any non Harry Potter fans seen it? The mister read the books but I haven't. As a non follower, will I get it (I do know what a horcrux is, even if I can't spell the word right)?

Went last night and loved it. Best HP movie of the lot I say. I wont say anymore in fear of ruining it for anyone, but it was seriously superb!

Have any non Harry Potter fans seen it? The mister read the books but I haven't. As a non follower, will I get it (I do know what a horcrux is, even if I can't spell the word right)?

I think you'd be ok Patty. (You should read them though! The really are quite good!)

Going to the 10:30AM IMAX showing, 10:30....hahahaha this will be a first for me.

I've seen all the Potter movies, have not read the books. I will wait til the opening furor dies some and then go see it. I have never been to IMAX and would like to do it that way, but there are 2 drawbacks that make it unlikely - 1) the local IMAX is a Pepsi theatre, and 2) doubt I could convince Mrs SAM that it's worth double the price to see it in IMAX.

I haven't seen a Potter movie since #2... I've not read ANY of the books either. But after seeing the trailer at Transformers 3 I'm actually very intrigued. And because of that I feel like I need to see all of the others though.

Went last night and loved it. Best HP movie of the lot I say. I wont say anymore in fear of ruining it for anyone, but it was seriously superb!

We can discuss it on Wednesday evening then - hehe

I think you'd be ok Patty. (You should read them though! The really are quite good!)

Going to the 10:30AM IMAX showing, 10:30....hahahaha this will be a first for me.

I am going to a 10.30am showing tomorrow aswell. No schoolkids to worry about

We can discuss it on Wednesday evening then - hehe

I am going to a 10.30am showing tomorrow aswell. No schoolkids to worry about

It was great! I really did enjoy it a ton, very well done IMO.

The wife and I went yesterday afternoon, and it was a very fitting ending to the series and well done as always. I don't know if others had this, but our audience had moments of spontaneous applause.

Saw it first showing on IMAX 3D today. Very happy with that movie. Great way to end one of the best film series of all time. Some of the best scenes in the movie, to me, were had the most subtle touches. Well done.

Am leaving in about 40 mins to go and watch it :D

Just back from seeing it, don't think they needed to do it in 3d to be honest. Good ending to the films though

just got back. I saw it in IMAX 3D! All I can say is WOW!!! I haven't seen a 3D movie in years and I thought this was perfect for it.

Good thing your future wife bought the tickets early because it was a sold out show.

I've seen the movies but I'll admit I'm confused as I don't know truly whats going on as it seems theres an army of good guys (where'd they come from) some noseless evil guy (never saw) and everyones tall now. So confused

I've seen the movies but I'll admit I'm confused as I don't know truly whats going on as it seems theres an army of good guys (where'd they come from) some noseless evil guy (never saw) and everyones tall now. So confused

I may be wrongly interpreting this if there was sarcastic intent here...but if those parts don't make sense, I'd suggest rewatching the movies again.

Saw it in 3d last night and wasn't disappointed. I'm bummed that it's the last movie, but now I'll finally be able to fly trough the books before the summer ends.

Tap before talk.

With the newborn we can't get out to see it yet and it is driving us a little nuts. But we have to get him started onto a bottle by September and I know it will still be in theaters by then, so we'll start getting him used to the bottle in mid-august and as soon as we can we'll leave him with grandma and go see the movie in the theater before it leaves - definitely want to see it on the big screen.

went out last night and saw it, wasnt real crowded, was better than the last few for sure

Saw it on the Saturday morning. Overall, it was a great movie. My expectations were perhaps a little high going in, so it didn't totally live up to my expectations, but it was a solid movie. A great way to wrap things up. I personally could have done without the epilogue, but it didn't wreck it for me. It was a great movie. I'm not surprised at all that it broke the Dark Knight's opening weekend numbers. $168 million is very impressive!

So, 3D is good? Not too over-the-top? We'll probably do a family outing tomorrow for this one. My wife has seen the other films at least 5x each. :deadhorse:

I loved it in IMAX 3D

I saw it last night and I thought it was a great ending to the series. I've read all the books and seen all the movies. I do now feel like I've said goodbye to a friend I've had for 10+ years. A little sad.

I loved it in IMAX 3D

+1 - I loved it, plus, my wife who does NOT like 3D thought it was great in 3D, that really is saying something.

I saw it last night and I thought it was a great ending to the series. I've read all the books and seen all the movies. I do now feel like I've said goodbye to a friend I've had for 10+ years. A little sad.

I feel ya completely on that, I love the books and have never been afraid to admit that to anyone, it usually dumbfounds my students too lol

Back