KBS C-Taper Iron Shafts - THP Preview

Really liking the reviews on these so far, look forward to yours TC.

Fridge still out after a complete overhaul...gotta love GE! Glad I have two kitchens :smile:

@TC, wordy is good my friend! Don't leave out any details!

Im also looking forward to the review. I want to put a set in my JPX pros bad.

Any updates on these TC?

Any updates on these TC?

I should have my write up complete tonight. I'll be burning the midnight candle.

I'm very impressed with these shafts but I don't believe they're for everyone. I believe a low spin player should lean towards the KBS Tour line for sure.

I know a ton of you are excited. I hope I don't disappoint.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

These definitely don't sound like they were made with my game in mind, but I'm interested nonetheless. You do a great job of simplifying technology in your reviews, TC.

These definitely don't sound like they were made with my game in mind, but I'm interested nonetheless. You do a great job of simplifying technology in your reviews, TC.

Thank you. I try to write them with "could my wife understand" what I'm saying.

I don't really like the copy and pasting of press releases. I like to read them and then share what I get out of them.

I don't really like the copy and pasting of press releases. I like to read them and then share what I get out of them.

I am sure you will put out a well written review like you always do and I am looking forward to reading it.

If I was your wife I think I'd be offended. I wonder if Jake is offended?

OEM

If I was your wife I think I'd be offended. I wonder if Jake is offended?

OEM

Jake doesn't read these threads. We're good. I wasn't trying to be offensive. The technology in shafts these days is literally overwhelming. It's probably the hardest review to write, a shaft review.

I don't think I'll have this one done tonight. I have to edit more.

Jake doesn't read these threads. We're good. I wasn't trying to be offensive. The technology in shafts these days is literally overwhelming. It's probably the hardest review to write, a shaft review.

It's ok OEM wasn't offended either. Take your time bro. Quality honest review is what the people want. Bring us numbers, facts and truth. And we will respect it. Thanks.

OEM

TC I'm sure I'm skimming here, but if you've hit the PX 6.0 shafts how do these compare ball flight wise? Lower I would guess?

TC I'm sure I'm skimming here, but if you've hit the PX 6.0 shafts how do these compare ball flight wise? Lower I would guess?

For me, yes. But I launched the PX 6.0 much higher than I think they're meant to go. They weren't good for me in that regard.

I know you're going to post this right when our Vendor's owner shows up and I won't be able to read this for hours. lol

Yeah no kidding. Like Hawk said, you do simplify it and I look forward to your thorough reviews.

I know you're going to post this right when our Vendor's owner shows up and I won't be able to read this for hours. lol

Don't worry beanie, I don't have it done quite yet.

Keenly interested in your thoughts on these man...

I'm really enjoying writing the review for these shafts. I'm about halfway done but I need to edit, big time. I had almost 800 words in my Introduction, and that just won't fly, lol.

I was hesitant to put the C-Tapers in the Burner 2.0's. Only b/c I find the stock steel shafts of the 2.0's to be perfect performers. They launch at a good angle, the spin less anyway, just seemed like those shafts were made for those heads so I didn't want to mess with that.

I'm sure the CT's are sweet in some 2.0's but I just didn't go that route.

I should have the review done soon guys. Thanks for being patient.

Don't worry beanie, I don't have it done quite yet.

I'm messin with ya. Like I said before, take your time. A through review is better than a half-assed review.

I think I said take your time, or I may have been pressuring you...one of the two. :confused2:

Really interested in this review TC. High spin, high launch player with a higher handicap. I wonder how well these shafts would perform for golfers like myself, who don't have the consistantly good swing going. Looking forward to your thoughts.

I made a comment last night about how I don't think these shafts are for everyone. I honestly think they are catered to a high spin, high swing speed golfer. These are awesome, especially for me, but I think certain golfers would benefit more from the Tour series from KBS.

This might be a stupid question but I've always wondered this. Do you think some shafts are just more forgiving than others? What i mean by that is if you have a high handicap who has or borders on a high ss, do you think a shaft like this would benefit them? I hope that makes sense TC.

I made a comment last night about how I don't think these shafts are for everyone. I honestly think they are catered to a high spin, high swing speed golfer. These are awesome, especially for me, but I think certain golfers would benefit more from the Tour series from KBS.

This might be a stupid question but I've always wondered this. Do you think some shafts are just more forgiving than others? What i mean by that is if you have a high handicap who has or borders on a high ss, do you think a shaft like this would benefit them? I hope that makes sense TC.

Honestly, I don't think shafts cater to handicaps at all. I think they cater to the golfer. A high handicapper could have a decent swing speed and produce a ton of spin, and a shaft like the C-T's should cater to them (ideally). Who knows if that golfers' results aren't a direct result of playing shafts that offer more launch and more spin, which they clearly don't need.

KBS is interesting b/c they have a cult like following. Guys online see them in Scratch irons and just assume they're for better golfers. I think KBS now has a complete catalog to offer every golfer. The C-T's just cater to a golfer who swings a bit quicker and produces more spin (at least in my opinion).

Yoccos, there's no such thing as a stupid question buddy.

Haha, thanks. It just feels like there is so much to shafts and it confuses the crap out of me. Appreciate you always taking the time explain though.

Yoccos, there's no such thing as a stupid question buddy.

Thank you for the thoughts guy. These shafts are just so intriuging. Going from lightweight steel, to graphite and now all as far as full pondering. Can't wait for this review. You always bring it with the honesty and info.

Honestly, I don't think shafts cater to handicaps at all. I think they cater to the golfer. A high handicapper could have a decent swing speed and produce a ton of spin, and a shaft like the C-T's should cater to them (ideally). Who knows if that golfers' results aren't a direct result of playing shafts that offer more launch and more spin, which they clearly don't need.

KBS is interesting b/c they have a cult like following. Guys online see them in Scratch irons and just assume they're for better golfers. I think KBS now has a complete catalog to offer every golfer. The C-T's just cater to a golfer who swings a bit quicker and produces more spin (at least in my opinion).

To me, from what I've read and the pros that play them on tour, they seem like they'd cater to the guy who swings at 85-90% with a smooth transition.

Back