Looking for a new shaft for my MP Fli-Hi

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Right now Ive got a Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* with an S300 shaft in it and Im looking to get a higher launch with it. The shots I hit with it now are very straight but arent very high, so I only get about 130 yards of carry with about 50 yards of roll.
Im looking to get a higher launch, so Im thinking about going to a regular flex shaft, either an R300 or a Project-X 5.0. What would be the differences between these 2 shafts and is there a reason to go with 1 over the other? Thanks!

If you are serious about the 130 yards of carry, a shaft change will not help you raise the launch angle enough to be helpful. The Fli-hi head is not high launch compared to other hybrids and is also pretty low spin (hence the straight I suspect). I've fit many good Mizuno iron players who really wanted that head but could not hit it high enough.

Right now Ive got a Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* with an S300 shaft in it and Im looking to get a higher launch with it. The shots I hit with it now are very straight but arent very high, so I only get about 130 yards of carry with about 50 yards of roll.
Im looking to get a higher launch, so Im thinking about going to a regular flex shaft, either an R300 or a Project-X 5.0. What would be the differences between these 2 shafts and is there a reason to go with 1 over the other? Thanks!

If you are serious about the 130 yards of carry, a shaft change will not help you raise the launch angle enough to be helpful. The Fli-hi head is not high launch compared to other hybrids and is also pretty low spin (hence the straight I suspect). I've fit many good Mizuno iron players who really wanted that head but could not hit it high enough.

Keep in mind this is the MP FH not the JPX model like I have...

Talk to a shaft fitter, he'd know best. You could also try a graphite option?

I will keep that in mind.

Keep in mind this is the MP FH not the JPX model like I have...

Talk to a shaft fitter, he'd know best. You could also try a graphite option?
Im not sure that Im really intersted in a graphite. Ive never been a fan of graphite shafts, especially in irons.
I think I need to talk to a shaft fitter at the local pro shop. Im thinking that an R flex is probably the answer because I dont feel like Im really loading up the shaft very much. Even if it doesnt competely fix the problem I cant believe that it wouldnt help at least a little bit. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Try the TT GS95.

Back