TW Nike Free Golf shoes.

I saw the White ones in person today. I think they would have to be extremely comfortable for me to buy them. They just looked a little funny. Maybe the black ones look better, but the white ones just reminded me of Kramer wearing the shoes that Jimmy sells so that Jimmy can jump.

seinfeld-shoes.jpg

Jimmy got game.

Jimmy got game.

lol The Nike booth today had pretty much all of the 2012 footwear on display. The white TW Free shoe just did nothing for me.

lol The Nike booth today had pretty much all of the 2012 footwear on display. The white TW Free shoe just did nothing for me.

I can tell by seeing them on his feet in tournaments, they do nothing for me. They look very odd.

I saw the White ones in person today. I think they would have to be extremely comfortable for me to buy them. They just looked a little funny. Maybe the black ones look better, but the white ones just reminded me of Kramer wearing the shoes that Jimmy sells so that Jimmy can jump.

seinfeld-shoes.jpg
Where did you see the white ones

Cant wait to buy these. Im getting the black ones on sight, the white ones on the other hand...........not so much.

Cant wait to buy these. Im getting the black ones on sight, the white ones on the other hand...........not so much.

I concur. I've actually held off buying other black shoes until I get to check these out.

Still loving my Dunks, but I may try these out as well. Hopefully these will be waterproof.

Still loving my Dunks, but I may try these out as well. Hopefully these will be waterproof.

If they are, Tiger didn't do them any favours in the marketing by having to change after getting them wet on the front 9 at Doral.

According to TW's twitter account, they will be in stores on 6/8.

Hot damn, hot damn. I still don't understand releasing these mid-summer unless it was an attempt to not cannibalize the Nike Lunar Control sales. I see them as different segments but know lots of people who only buy one pair of golf shoes and they are going to be either Nike or Adidas.

June 8th isn't too bad. In a lot of areas that right around the time the season just starts picking up.

If you go to Nike Golf's Facebook page there is a picture and some info on the shoe...June 8, 2012 release date!

Anyone else see that you can preorder at DSG? I've called 3 stores and no one knows anything. My wife is getting them for me for Fathers day!

Don't want to burst anyones bubble, but my buddy was able to touch and feel a pre-release. He was shocked at how heavy the shoe itself is. More so than any traditional golf shoe or his prior TW Air Zoom line. If this matters to any of you...

That would affect my decision as I'm loving lighterweight golf shoes these days. I can't imagine how that could be though given that a big part of all the other "Free" line of shoes is their lighter weight. I'm planning to try them on no matter what before buying as I am now leaning more towards Cally Del Mars or Adidas Adicross for my black shoes.

Too bad they waited until so late to release them. Had they come out in March I would have never even have thought of the others and bought the Frees.

Am I the only person here who is skeptical after seeing all the problems Tiger keeps having with these shoes? I saw him change at the turn either Friday or Saturday after "breaking a shoe lace" according to the commentary and that is the forth or fifth time I have seen him have to change shoes mid round.

Who carries a spare pair of shoes in their golf bag anyway?

Maybe it's the added coverage Tiger gets on telecasts but I have never seen anyone else have the issues with other shoes that he has with these shoes nor do I remember him having issues like this before going to these shoes.

I find super lightweight shoes a bit of a hassle on the golf course. I dont know how heavy these are, but super lightweight ones do not help me play the game at all.

I find super lightweight shoes a bit of a hassle on the golf course. I dont know how heavy these are, but super lightweight ones do not help me play the game at all.

care to elaborate on that? Just interested in how lightweight shoes can be a hassle

A lot of my speed comes from not grounding myself too heavily to the ground. When I wear light shoes, and try to stay light on the ground, my feet slip around all over the place. Its a tough concept to explain, but a heavier shoe helps me stay stable throughout the golf swing much better.

That being said, Ive never owned a pair of golf shoes that were "heavy", so the verdict is still out on these.

care to elaborate on that? Just interested in how lightweight shoes can be a hassle

I love the look of these shoes, and if they are as comfortable as they look I will definatly be picking a pair of these up.

Just saw what the black ones will look like on Nike's blog. They are sweeter than I thought they would be. Excited to get mine as a Fathers day gift from the wife!

45f9273c-62bf-c40d.jpg

Just saw what the black ones will look like on Nike's blog. They are sweeter than I thought they would be. Excited to get mine as a Fathers day gift from the wife!

45f9273c-62bf-c40d.jpg

Hmm. Not digging the look, to put it nicely. I actually think they look terrible heh.

To each their own!

Hmm. Not digging the look, to put it nicely. I actually think they look terrible heh.

To each their own!

+1
I'll stick with my footjoys

Just tappin away

I'm all for athletic style shoes, but think there are a lot better styled ones out there.

Back