Golf Ghost

Reaction score
We have any skiers here? Starting to get into the heart of the season here, just wondering how everyone's seasons is going and conditions in other areas.

So all things skiing are welcomed. Not sure how many are interested here, but we'll see.

this will be the first time in years that I haven't hit the slopes.....been way too mild here in the NE to have good conditions worth going out for.

Yeah we haven't had much here either. Going to try and get out for the second time this season on the weekend. SugarLoaf just posted this on twitter and must say, I need to make a trip to Maine in the future.

507875055.jpg

Same here. The only cold day this winter is the MLK weekend. We got snow once and it melted the next day. Not much ski for this year but on the flip side I have played a lot of golf this winter. So I am OK with that.

Living in switzerland is quite nice when it comes to skiing ;). i couldn't ski as much as i wantet to yet but we have more snow here than we had for many years so far.

View attachment 3680

That's how it looked a 2 weeks ago ;)

Same here. The only cold day this winter is the MLK weekend. We got snow once and it melted the next day. Not much ski for this year but on the flip side I have played a lot of golf this winter. So I am OK with that.

At least you can golf. All the courses here cover their greens so you can't even walk on and golf. That's the disadvantage here.

Living in switzerland is quite nice when it comes to skiing ;). i couldn't ski as much as i wantet to yet but we have more snow here than we had for many years so far.

View attachment 3680

That's how it looked a 2 weeks ago ;)

That is amazing. My goal is someday to ski Switzerland, France, and then head into the Scandinavian countries and just do like a month long trip.

I'm far from being considered a skiier, but it is a ton of fun and I hope I'm able to make another trip to the slopes one of these days.
I've been 3 times (Keystone once and Crested Butte twice) and would love to go back to either place.

I just returned from skiing Beaver Creek in Avon, CO this past weekend. Pretty good snow, mid 30s, and NO lines. We skiied Sat - Mon. It was awesome.

I'm as into skiing as I am golf - my two biggest hobbies (I'm just a much, much better skier than I am golfer at this point).

Just purchased new skis this year and, wow, I'm in love with them. Got a whole new set-up - skis, boots, bindings, poles. I just went out again this past weekend - it was mostly machine made snow with a little bit of fresh powder on top. Definitely slick in some areas. During a good winter, I usually go 4 times a week. This winter, I've been pretty much limited to the weekends - it was 61 degrees yesterday. Sucks. The weather needs to pick one or the other - let me ski regularly or golf.

I'm more of a slopes, downhill skier but I'll dabble in the park. I love hitting jumps and have recently started introducing myself to the superpipe - I'm just hesitant on rails and things of that nature. Last thing I need is to crack my head open.

I'm SUPER stoked - my family has decided to plan a vacation in Aspen for next Christmas (we're scattered - my brothers are in DC and LA). First time I'll have ever really experienced skiing out west. It's going to be an unreal trip.

I'm as into skiing as I am golf - my two biggest hobbies (I'm just a much, much better skier than I am golfer at this point).

Just purchased new skis this year and, wow, I'm in love with them. Got a whole new set-up - skis, boots, bindings, poles. I just went out again this past weekend - it was mostly machine made snow with a little bit of fresh powder on top. Definitely slick in some areas. During a good winter, I usually go 4 times a week. This winter, I've been pretty much limited to the weekends - it was 61 degrees yesterday. Sucks. The weather needs to pick one or the other - let me ski regularly or golf.

I'm more of a slopes, downhill skier but I'll dabble in the park. I love hitting jumps and have recently started introducing myself to the superpipe - I'm just hesitant on rails and things of that nature. Last thing I need is to crack my head open.

I'm SUPER stoked - my family has decided to plan a vacation in Aspen for next Christmas (we're scattered - my brothers are in DC and LA). First time I'll have ever really experienced skiing out west. It's going to be an unreal trip.

SP - Skiing is CO is superb. My buddies and I skied over 35K vertical feet Sunday. I grew up in OH and skied Seven Springs, Peek & Peak, SnowShoe, etc pretty often and they are a joke compared to the resorts in CO. The fresh powder and packed powder in CO make the runs awesome, but usually there is even enough packed powder to dabble in some tree areas, tons of moguls, etc. My fav runs are the groomed blacks first thing in the AM, awesome to be skiing in the upper 50 mph range. There are also tons of freestyle areas, so I bet you will have a blast.

I ski as haphazardly & as crappy as I golf, but skiing makes the winter months awesome.

What did you end up getting for new tips?

Also pretty jealous of your Christmas plans next year, it sounds amazing.

Yeah, I mostly go to Seven Springs. I buy a season pass every year (which is nice because they have a co-op program with the other resorts). I really feel like they do as good of a job as is possible with their given circumstances but, yeah, I'd imagine it just cannot match up to skiing in CO, Utah, etc. It was so amazing two years ago when we had a super snowy winter and pretty much caught fresh powder from December - February. So, needless to say, I'm as excited for this trip to Aspen as I ever have been for a vacation.

We're planning on staying at the Hyatt Grand Aspen - can get a three-bedroom place that could house all eight of us (my parents, two brothers & their significant others, my girlfriend and I).

exterior_1.jpg

Heaven.

Skiing is a huge hobby of mine. I actually started young as a snowboarder because it was a natrual transition from surfing. It wasn't until my late teens, when I started getting board with boarding that I started strapping on the skis. I ski in Wisconsin/Michigan but, more importantly, I go to Utah and Colorado a few times each year for real skiing. Sometimes I do it for fun with friends, other times it is for business. My routine spot, however, are the slopes in and around Park City, Utah.

Speaking of Park City, I am headed there in one week to hit the slopes. They have been getting better snow as of late, so it will not be all that bad.

So great news. Just got the ski report from the local hill and they have a snowfall warning for the next 24H. Should make for great conditions on Friday when the school gives us the day off.

Had pretty good conditions yesterday. Got to ski from 8:30am to 7:30pm, did start to get icy once darkness fell though.

I'm outta here. Headed out for my annual pilgrimage to park city and the surrounding ski resorts. Only bringing the skis out this year. it appears to be some bluebird skiing each day we are out there. The knee is feeling good this year, so might spend some additional time on the bumps. I'm pumped!

What did you end up getting for new tips?

Also pretty jealous of your Christmas plans next year, it sounds amazing.

Missed this before. Sorry! I grabbed the 2011 Head John 94's (180), Head Mojo 15 bindings, and Head AdaptEdge 90 boots. Love them all so far.

We're actually going to get some snow over the next four-five days. Oh, goodness, I might be able to catch some powder this weekend.

Missed this before. Sorry! I grabbed the 2011 Head John 94's (180), Head Mojo 15 bindings, and Head AdaptEdge 90 boots. Love them all so far.

We're actually going to get some snow over the next four-five days. Oh, goodness, I might be able to catch some powder this weekend.

No problem on missing it the first time around.

This is so hilarious. When we were at the mountain last Friday my friend's-friend is a local ski pro at the mountain and he was on these and I just kept staring because they are so nice looking. So congrats on the purchase. I'm in old Rossignols, but my buddy swears by Heads and has been trying to get me into a pair from day one. It's only my third season on the slopes though, so second hand skis are fine for now.

Yeah we haven't had much here either. Going to try and get out for the second time this season on the weekend. SugarLoaf just posted this on twitter and must say, I need to make a trip to Maine in the future.

507875055.jpg

Heading to Sugarloaf this weekend! Its only about an hour and a half from where I live. You ever make it down to golf Sugarloaf? Its one of the best courses in Maine.

No problem on missing it the first time around.

This is so hilarious. When we were at the mountain last Friday my friend's-friend is a local ski pro at the mountain and he was on these and I just kept staring because they are so nice looking. So congrats on the purchase. I'm in old Rossignols, but my buddy swears by Heads and has been trying to get me into a pair from day one. It's only my third season on the slopes though, so second hand skis are fine for now.

Yeah, they're absolute rocket-launchers. I've been completely thrilled with them so far and I haven't even been able to ski on a whole lot of powder yet. Can't wait to see what they're able to do in prime conditions. Plus, they're a versatile enough ski that I can hit up the park or pipe a bit. But, make no mistake, these things are built for speed and they can cut through just about anything.

photo17.jpg

photo18.jpg

There's my set-up. I'm in absolute LOVE with the boots. They're warm, extremely comfortable, and lend themselves to high performance. Heck, the boots almost cost as much as the skis.

Headed to breckenridge tomorrow for 4 days of fun. It will be the first time in 3 years I've been on the slopes. Looks like the conditions in CO are improving with more snow this weekend. Can't wait.

Heading to Sugarloaf this weekend! Its only about an hour and a half from where I live. You ever make it down to golf Sugarloaf? Its one of the best courses in Maine.

I haven't gone down myself, but my girlfriend has been probably almost twenty times. When she was in high school she raced and her parents were big into skiing and they use to go quite often. I'm hoping to come down within the next 2-3 winters. Her parents are talking about doing a ski trip in the next 2-3 years with us and that's one of the possible stops.

Yeah, they're absolute rocket-launchers. I've been completely thrilled with them so far and I haven't even been able to ski on a whole lot of powder yet. Can't wait to see what they're able to do in prime conditions. Plus, they're a versatile enough ski that I can hit up the park or pipe a bit. But, make no mistake, these things are built for speed and they can cut through just about anything.

photo17.jpg

photo18.jpg

There's my set-up. I'm in absolute LOVE with the boots. They're warm, extremely comfortable, and lend themselves to high performance. Heck, the boots almost cost as much as the skis.

They're just so nice. They look a lot like the Armada El Rey's I was looking at getting, but a new couch was needed in the apartment, so that blew that out of the water.

skis_mens_elrey.jpg

A good boot is needed for sure. First time I went I rented a pair and they were terrible, but now the girlfriend's father lets me use his when he doesn't go with us and they're unbelievable. Can be the difference between having an enjoyable time and not, like a good pair of shoes.

great looking skis! Wish I could go out more, really liked it when I went a couple of winters ago. Started out snowboarding, and found out they didnt mean it for tall fat guys! haha

Buddy of mine is in Seattle, goes every few weekends across the border into Canada to go snowboarding. Jealous

Supposed to get up to 12" of powder on the ridges over the weekend!

Steel Tappin'

Went out today. Amazing stuff. It was like skiing on a cloud.

Steel Tappin'

Back